In defence of 2.1

Funny thing.... Im a subscriber and tonight I changed my characters hair style (to the new qui-gon jinn look :cool:) and beard and bought two dye packs, now got a very nice looking white and red armoured robe set I've put together. Over all, very happy with my new look.

How much did I pay? Nothing. I had 880 cartel coins saved from monthly grants, I spent 280 of that at the barber shop. The dye packs I bought on the GTN, one for 20K (the one didn't end up using!) and the other for 12K.

My point is you can enjoy this new content as a sub for no extra cost. Would it be better if there was no CC shop and no F2P, and no armour dyes or barber shop? Limited access to a thing is stil better than access to nothing.

The point is that subscribers like me and you are being nickel and dimed to death like they are froobs. The WHOLE point of being a subscriber is getting access to the game and it's updates

I'd like to add my comment if I could. I am critical of a few decisions they made, mainly the fact that they chose not to test this on PTS first, a very bad decision IMO.

But I would like to say...

First, right direction Bioware. I can't possibly express how satisfied I am with the direction the game is taking now. Even placing all the items on the market is better than the the way the game was when it was bleeding subs. If you say if this is what is needed to keep content coming, by all means.

Second, appreciate that you are finally adding things we have asked for for a long time. This proves to me that feedback works, keeping at it is important despite naysayers. I strongly believe that customization, QoL and convenience is the key to the game's future.

You guys are improving things on a regular basis. You got me to spend extra cash...something I vowed I would never do. Keep it up, just please keep your eyes and ears open.

Edited by LordArtemis

The point is that subscribers like me and you are being nickel and dimed to death like they are froobs. The WHOLE point of being a subscriber is getting access to the game and it's updates

The point is that you can use these features without spending an extra penny more than your subscription.. however, everyone is a impatient, whiny, entitled member of "generation NOW!". Save up your free cartel coins.. you don't have to have everything right freaking now. It is the first damn day, and people are screaming about armor dyes.. let the stinking things build up in the gtn! You will find the colors you want when people get access to them.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW.

We aren't being nicked and dimed because none of these things are required. No one is forcing you to use these features. You WANT to use the features, but you don't want to wait the time to let your free coins to build up so you can.. so guess what kids? You will have to pay for your impatience. That is the way the real world works.

so true sadly no one on here will care this forum on general discussion has turned into nothing more than i want this i want that and when they get it they sing a different tune a lot of you are nothing more than 2-faced complaining self entitled pukes

The point is that you can use these features without spending an extra penny more than your subscription.. however, everyone is a impatient, whiny, entitled member of "generation NOW!". Save up your free cartel coins.. you don't have to have everything right freaking now. It is the first damn day, and people are screaming about armor dyes.. let the stinking things build up in the gtn! You will find the colors you want when people get access to them.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW.

We aren't being nicked and dimed because none of these things are required. No one is forcing you to use these features. You WANT to use the features, but you don't want to wait the time to let your free coins to build up so you can.. so guess what kids? You will have to pay for your impatience. That is the way the real world works.

Or it could be the fact some of us can do basic maths, so lets go through this shall we. Kiosk that charges only cartel coins not ingame currency, Race change for subs is just under 800cc. Cathar alone are 600cc not including race change.

Dye packs are 100cc with god knows how bad an rng. Then we have the collections, ow the collections, you must complete all the sets by wearing them on one char for armour. Then we goto sharing, 1 mount costs 600cc to share with your account, thats not all mounts thats 1 mount. and the prices vary and all for cc within it. And they are now releasing race specific hair cuts and colours with prices from 100cc-240cc each.

So ye, and we get 500-700 a month. its nothing about saving, they arnt going to stop producing packs or new cc armours and unlocks because your saving your coins. There is more but these are the only things that are peeving me off right now.

Edited by Shingara

Or it could be the fact some of us can do basic maths, so lets go through this shall we. Kiosk that charges only catel coins not ingame currency, Race change for subs is just under 800cc. Cathar alone are 600cc not including race change.

Dye packs are 100cc with god knows how bad an rng. Then we have the collections, ow the collections, you must complete all the sets by wearing them on one char for armour. Then we goto sharing, 1 mount costs 600cc to share with your account, thats not all mounts thats 1 mount. and the prices vary and all for cc within it. And they are now releasing race specific hair cuts and colours with prices from 100cc-240cc each.

So ye, and we get 500-700 a month.

And your point?

You are correct, you cannot afford everything all at once. That is why you will have to wait. It will take a few months at least. This is exactly what I was talking about, "generation NOW!" I want it now! now now now! I don't want to wait for anything, I want it now!.

No one is forcing anyone to buy coins or use these features. You chose to. When it comes down to it, you have 3 very simple options.

#1 wait until you have enough free coins

#2 skip the wait and buy coins

#3 don't use the features

Pretty simple isn't it?

And your point?

You are correct, you cannot afford everything all at once. That is why you will have to wait. It will take a few months at least. This is exactly what I was talking about, "generation NOW!" I want it now! now now now! I don't want to wait for anything, I want it now!.

No one is forcing anyone to buy coins or use these features. You chose to. When it comes down to it, you have 3 very simple options.

#1 wait until you have enough free coins

#2 skip the wait and buy coins

#3 don't use the features

Pretty simple isn't it?

Simple if your willing to sit there like a lapdog and just slurp up everything they throw at you. But the only options you have are these. 1, keep paying subs, buy additional coins to get the packs and now the extra things and dont expect a content patch very often. 2, drop to preffered, dont pay subs and use what you would have paid in subs for coins, get more coins and get more access to the game then a sub provides by being able to buy a better cartel coin slot as higher gives more coins and you have used what you would have spent on subs, the difference in coins you would have bought with subs you spend on the new escrow unlock and bypass the lockouts through the gtn.

And the final one 3, goto a game that actualy gives you a game that delivers for its subscription costs or is B2P, and there are plenty of those coming out.

That is the real choice us not in la la land are facing.

Edited by Shingara

Simple if your willing to sit there like a lapdog and just slurp up everything they throw at you. But the only options you have are these. 1, keep paying subs, buy additional coins to get the packs and now the extra things and dont expect a content patch very often. 2, drop to preffered, dont pay subs and use what you would have paid in subs for coins, get more coins and get more access to the game then a sub provides by being able to buy a better cartel coin slot as higher gives more coins and you have used what you would have spent on subs, the difference in coins you would have bought with subs you spend on the new escrow unlock and bypass the lockouts through the gtn.

And the final one 3, goto a game that actualy gives you a game that delivers for its subscription costs or is B2P, and there are plenty of those coming out.

If that is how you feel, the door is over there. Get out and never come back, no one will miss you, or any one else.

ha did i touch a nerve.

Not at all. Just stating the fact for you and everyone else. The game is the way it is, nothing will change that. Not all the whining and screaming and hissy fitting in the world. None of the 2.1 additions are required. No one is forcing you to pay money, or use these features. Nothing on the cartel market is required. Now that the game has gone f2p everything not required will be a cartel purchase. Either accept it or leave. EA will not care either way.

Not at all. Just stating the fact for you and everyone else.

It was rhetorical but obviously your not gonna realise that are you. But obviously i did hit a nerve, juicy one it seems.

Edited by Shingara

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!

I agree with you completely.

To be honest, I did spend the 800 cc for race change and 600 cc for the cathars because it's the race I was waiting FOR A LOOOOOONG time, so paying for it to get it now wasn't a big deal this time.

But yeah, for most of the things for sale in cartel market, I just chill out from the initial hype for a moment and wait the item I want to pop in GTM for a fair price. When it appears, I just go and buy it.

I love the fact that people are complaining like they are being forced to use the cartel market. I mean, how are you going to get mad at something that until today you didn't even have access to?

Oooh. My favorite quotes today are from the people unsubbing because of today's patch. When did this patch change the gameplay? The game is still played exactly the same as yesterday, just now you have some extra options that you could take advantage of.

How much did I pay? Nothing. I had 880 cartel coins saved from monthly grants, I spent 280 of that at the barber shop. The dye packs I bought on the GTN, one for 20K (the one didn't end up using!) and the other for 12K.

I counted it up the other day and I have accumulated 6,800 Cartel Coins including the coins from F2P lauch, monthly sub and security key grants, and coins from achievements. What's happened here is rather obvious. Subs have been given plenty of coins to unlock Cathar or make a few appearance changes or whatever it may be. But some people blew all their coins on packs and other stuff from the CM. So now they are complaining that every costs too much because they blew all their free coins.

I counted it up the other day and I have accumulated 6,800 Cartel Coins including the coins from F2P lauch, monthly sub and security key grants, and coins from achievements. What's happened here is rather obvious. Subs have been given plenty of coins to unlock Cathar or make a few appearance changes or whatever it may be. But some people blew all their coins on packs and other stuff from the CM. So now they are complaining that every costs too much because they blew all their free coins.

Impatience is the word that describes the things you said the best! :rolleyes:

You're right... I agree with everything you said.

Edited by Haggardbr

Impatience is the word that describes the things you said the best! :rolleyes:

You're right... I agree with everything you said.

A-freaking-men! I have never seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than this forum today. All the people acting like they're so surprised. Great bloody light in the great bloody darkness! The devs have been saying since this system was ANNOUNCED that it was going to Cartel-based! They have been saying for MONTHS AND MONTHS that we'd have to pay if we wanted Cathar! And these yay-hoos are acting surprised, shouting, stomping their feet and throwing a tantrum like I haven't seen in the 40 years since I was a schmucky toddler. This is not a shocking news flash like the O.J. car chase, people! We've had plenty of time to prepare for this.

It's not even remotely horrifying, for that matter. *headdesk* I should really avoid these forums. Either that or conquer the planet and bend it to my will. I think avoiding the forums will be easier, though. Not as satisfying, but definitely easier.

*headdesk* I should really avoid these forums. Either that or conquer the planet and bend it to my will. I think avoiding the forums will be easier, though. Not as satisfying, but definitely easier.

Yeah... sometimes I do think why I keep coming to check this forum... :confused:

If that is how you feel, the door is over there. Get out and never come back, no one will miss you, or any one else.

Not at all. Just stating the fact for you and everyone else. The game is the way it is, nothing will change that. Not all the whining and screaming and hissy fitting in the world. None of the 2.1 additions are required. No one is forcing you to pay money, or use these features. Nothing on the cartel market is required. Now that the game has gone f2p everything not required will be a cartel purchase. Either accept it or leave. EA will not care either way.

Bioware will likely miss them would be my guess. Just like they likely missed revenue from the 3/4 of the player base that ran from the game after launch.

But I would bet Bioware would not miss people keeping comments like "leave, you will not be missed" to themselves.

The other thing that I am pretty sure of is that if Bioware or EA had a need for a spokesperson in the community...you would not likely be the chosen candidate. I think they are more than capable of determining what they do and do not care about themselves.

Edited by LordArtemis

Enjoy being milked by EA, i'm sure they're laughing on top of their golden tower.

Last time i spend a *********** penny on EA or BW ********. Hell, they can't even add a race and dye/babershop without breaking the game for half of its users, yet you keep defending them? GG

Edited by Necrokill

d. No one is forcing you to pay money, or use these features. Nothing on the cartel market is required. Now that the game has gone f2p everything not required will be a cartel purchase. Either accept it or leave. EA will not care either way.

Thanks, done unsubbed. cheers dude.

Bioware will likely miss them would be my guess. Just like they likely missed revenue from the 3/4 of the player base that ran from the game after launch.

But I would bet Bioware would not miss people keeping comments like "leave, you will not be missed" to themselves.

The other thing that I am pretty sure of is that if Bioware or EA had a need for a spokesperson in the community...you would not likely be the chosen candidate. I think they are more than capable of determining what they do and do not care about themselves.

No, EA wouldn't blink an eye if these people left. I am sure Bioware themselves would be grateful that the largest group of whining, screaming, self-entitled children are no longer here to spew venom at them. And even if they left, it would be a few hundred at most and there are tons of new people playing every day..

So no.. they will not care, not even slightly.

Throwing tantrums will not change anything. Bioware will simply ignore it. A calm, constructive dialog about your concerns and feelings might, unsubbing and letting "your wallet do the talking" might, throwing a screaming hissy WONT. You will never see a dev look a calmly worded, constructive conversation and think "well, they aren't insulting us and foaming at the mouth... they must not care enough about this." I could almost guarantee they HAVE looked at some of the hate filled, screaming, entitlementfest topics and thought "yeah... no"

Edited by rwhaley

While I agree with parts of this somewhat, I think the underlying issue is that people feel they should of been able to pick out colors they want and pay for them directly with CC, not random dye packs. That's the nickel and dime part.

Example - I get 550 CC a month. I can buy 2 packs. Don't get the one I want. I need to wait 30 days until I can try again or spend money on more CC for more packs for the chance that I get what I want?

At least give subscribers the option to buy dyes directly from the CM, leave the packs for f2p and preferred. make it something like 200 for the pack and 150 for direct purchase. Put some value back in the subscription and still make money off the CM because people will buy dyes directly. Works for all.

While I agree with parts of this somewhat, I think the underlying issue is that people feel they should of been able to pick out colors they want and pay for them directly with CC, not random dye packs. That's the nickel and dime part.

I will give you that one, the dyes being a random purchase isn't ideal to be sure.. but again, no one is forcing you to do it. No one is forcing you to dye your armor. Sure you WANT to, but you don't have to. There are enough people buying dye packs and putting them on the GTN that you would never need to buy one of those dye packs yourself. Sure, the GTN may not have the color you want, or if they did the price may be too expensive.. so that is why you wait, find a better deal. Not to mention that there will be new color dyes being added all the time. Just because you can't get the color you want right this second, does not meant that you will never be able to.

PATIENCE people!