Character name change question?

skarvika

Hi there skarvika!

The tooltip for Renames seem to indicate that the item can be reused and has a cooldown. However, renames are consumable items, and name changes can only be applied once every 30 days. Sorry for any confusion; we are going to look at clarifying the tooltip in the future.

On a side note to clear up another question: one free Character Name Change will be given to each subscriber account at a later date, but this is not yet available.

I, for one, cannot create my Cathar until this is available. Other guild members have already started theirs and are moving on. Can we expect this working tomorrow? Friday?? Many of us have been waiting since launch for the Cathar species only to be stopped by this bug.

Alternatively, since creating and starting 2.1 is contingent upon that name change service, what kind of reimbursement can we expect if we purchase it now so as to not fall behind due to rename bugs beyond our control?

Any updates on the free name change? On principle I'll refuse the whole cartel market until you deliver good on your word BW. Its a win/win for everyone if you just follow through with your promises. So when is the name change for subs happening? Edited by Sowwy

Hi there skarvika!

The tooltip for Renames seem to indicate that the item can be reused and has a cooldown. However, renames are consumable items, and name changes can only be applied once every 30 days. Sorry for any confusion; we are going to look at clarifying the tooltip in the future.

On a side note to clear up another question: one free Character Name Change will be given to each subscriber account at a later date, but this is not yet available.

The subscription page in November said 1 free name change EVERY month for subscribers, people subscribed based on the advertised information. Please don't go back on advertised features, it's a breach of trust and contract.

The mechanism to perform name changes has been implemented (the lack of this was given as the reason that name changes weren't available in November) so it's past time to deliver on your promise.

• 1 month later...
what i would like to know is why the hell did bioware/EA not make a big announcement to let people know about this as i just BOUGHT a rename and used it on one of my characters now you are telling me that with no forward knowledge you giving me another one..... how about you give me my cartel coins back and take the damn free rename. how the hell are we to know somthing like this is going to happen so we DON'T spend money on stuff you're going to give us for free the next fing day Edited by Azazelbishop

• 2 years later...