Server Transfers

Jaddis

I will be transferring my Imperial characters to The Bastion and keeping my Republic characters here on BC. I look forward to more rated matches popping and more people in general, though I will miss a lot of players here as I will not be on as much :(.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going anywhere. I'm utterly in love with every single person on my raid team. Unless that disappears and all my friends on BC go poof, I'm staying.

PvP on pvp servers is overrated and it never was high on my priority list anyways. General chat is on par with WoW barrens chat. My eyes bleed. The kiddies can keep it. Give me a good raid with fun friendly banter any day of the week. That's where my heart is.

I probably won't because my raid group doesn't want to go and eventually they will do cross server. The problem will be solved then. Cross server is inevitable. Oh and the other main reason that I wouldn't go is because you think having 1 Neo is bad you will have 10 to 20 on a pvp server. The communities are sooo sooo bad. Not saying there aren't good people over there, but there is generally so much venom from very immature players.

Sounds like your just afraid of more competition Mr. Elite Warlord :rolleyes:

You have to remember on a PVP server are always going to be more kid based, world pvp or pvp during dailies has never been a big deal to me. Most PVP servers are lower population however most of that are doing warzones or some form of pvp where here the % is not as high.

The skill level there is likely higher because they duel more they pvp more they do more ranked the level in a pvp enviorment (just like I did).

The problem is you loose all legacy percs and would need to move all your toons to get your companion buffs as well as your class buffs which would include multi transfers. If you did this and didn't like it you need to move it all back or elsewhere. I'll hold out I think for cross server wz's.

Coming from wow I can tell you when or if cross server wz's come out a lot of the little bickering will become much less as we will likely form mixed guild groups to queue vs other servers it will be more of a server pride thing instead of me and my guild thing. I think that is what PVP needs.

Being a member of PO5 with the Fight guild, I can say an ernest that the skill level in BC is more balance, but that is because we have a much smaller community and older population. In a PVP server pretty much anything goes, whether it be exploits, cheats, or hacks. They take their pvp much more seriously than we do, and any kind of advantage is considered to be fair game. I feel that BC players follow a strickter code of ingame ethics which being a member of the old Exile guild I remember seeing. Of course we do have our fair share of immature trash talkers, but as Flux was saying you have a lot more of that on a pvp server.

I think the hope is that they are going to allow Legacy transfers. They said the reason server transfers didn't come with 2.1 was because there were issues with the Legacy Achievement system. At least for those who want to read between the lines.

From what I'm hearing, a number of pvpers are leaving. I agree with everything that has been said regarding the atmosphere on a pvp server versus our own (which I enjoy immensely). Sadly Begeren doesn't have a thriving pvp community, and server transfers will only make that worse. Since cross server queues are still 'Soon™', server transferring is the next step for people who play this game primarily to pvp. Unless you have a lot of patience. :)

I agree, I think paid server transfers can only work if you already have cross server pvp. This means people will feel more loyal to their home server and can still pvp and represent against the elite pvpers in the game. Going to paid transfer server first will only insight the top pvpers to leave early for bigger pvp community and deplete an already smaller community. Like the small towner leaving for a big city.

Servers First Elite Warlord to you Mr. Myrmio! :eek:

*pats on head* I laugh so hard every single time you post something saying that. You are so cute! All we need is to send you to the vendor to change your looks giving you 2 foot high pink hair that sticks straight up to brush and a gem in your belly button. Rub the gem for good luck right! *pinches both cheeks on Neo's face before swatting on the tush to send him back to his mama*

Being a member of PO5 with the Fight guild, I can say an ernest that the skill level in BC is more balance, but that is because we have a much smaller community and older population. In a PVP server pretty much anything goes, whether it be exploits, cheats, or hacks. They take their pvp much more seriously than we do, and any kind of advantage is considered to be fair game. I feel that BC players follow a strickter code of ingame ethics which being a member of the old Exile guild I remember seeing. Of course we do have our fair share of immature trash talkers, but as Flux was saying you have a lot more of that on a pvp server.

This was generally my impressions as well but it's nice to see someone with more hands on experience able to comment and confirm. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Edited by Desiirea

*pats on head* I laugh so hard every single time you post something saying that. You are so cute! All we need is to send you to the vendor to change your looks giving you 2 foot high pink hair that sticks straight up to brush and a gem in your belly button. Rub the gem for good luck right! *pinches both cheeks on Neo's face before swatting on the tush to send him back to his mama*

Have to admit, that is a pretty funny imagery :p

Bioware already stated a while ago they weren't doing cross server pvp, not sure why many are still clinging to that thought.

They were, it was being worked on, and then it got delayed. I have never seen it announced since that time they were never putting it in.

Edit: Aka I'm looking for a source for this info?

Edited by Desiirea

Neo just got hit with a 10k RP Attack! I'm glad thats not an AOE :eek:

Edited by J_Fred

They were, it was being worked on, and then it got delayed. I have never seen it announced since that time they were never putting it in.

Edit: Aka I'm looking for a source for this info?

I remember them saying a while back that they didn't want to allow cross server pvp because they felt it would upset the communities that make each servers unique, or some bs like that.

I remember them saying a while back that they didn't want to allow cross server pvp because they felt it would upset the communities that make each servers unique, or some bs like that.

I saw that as well. But with the overwhelming support for it they at this point have to implement it to maintain the population here.

Honestly my view on server transfers is as follows:

If as a guild you are transferring that is a good thing. You all are looking for something more than what is currently offered at BC. It is sad to see it however that is the life of an MMO. Things go for better things to arise. However, for certain individuals of prominent power to up and quit on their guild. That is not only shameless, selfish, and rude to every single member of that guild... but it is classless and shows the true colors. Not pointing any fingers but I look down on people that bail like that.

I myself wanted to reroll on another server for a long time. I even talked about up and quitting the game a few months back. I didn't for the one reason why I don't believe I will transfer when transfers come out. The people I play with. The community here on BC. You can run ranked all days, but at the end of the day what have you accomplished? You're rating gets a bit higher. You get a bit more gear. But then you hit a ceiling where nothing changes. You fight the same people, you lose, you win, you max your gear. What keeps you playing that MMO? It isn't the ranked Queues or the PVE raiding. Its the community you play with. The people you play with. So to up and leave is just a complete slap in the face to all the hard worked hours and days that were put in. Through the darkest times and the brightest. A community stands firm because we all got each others backs. Individuals who bail are simply cowards and classless individuals that don't deserve to roll under the BC flag.

Just my 2 cents.

I saw that as well. But with the overwhelming support for it they at this point have to implement it to maintain the population here.

Honestly my view on server transfers is as follows:

If as a guild you are transferring that is a good thing. You all are looking for something more than what is currently offered at BC. It is sad to see it however that is the life of an MMO. Things go for better things to arise. However, for certain individuals of prominent power to up and quit on their guild. That is not only shameless, selfish, and rude to every single member of that guild... but it is classless and shows the true colors. Not pointing any fingers but I look down on people that bail like that.

I myself wanted to reroll on another server for a long time. I even talked about up and quitting the game a few months back. I didn't for the one reason why I don't believe I will transfer when transfers come out. The people I play with. The community here on BC. You can run ranked all days, but at the end of the day what have you accomplished? You're rating gets a bit higher. You get a bit more gear. But then you hit a ceiling where nothing changes. You fight the same people, you lose, you win, you max your gear. What keeps you playing that MMO? It isn't the ranked Queues or the PVE raiding. Its the community you play with. The people you play with. So to up and leave is just a complete slap in the face to all the hard worked hours and days that were put in. Through the darkest times and the brightest. A community stands firm because we all got each others backs. Individuals who bail are simply cowards and classless individuals that don't deserve to roll under the BC flag.

Just my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more with you Scyn. I am glad to see you are staying. This is the reason we at Retal will be staying, we worked hard to build up our community here, and to just up and leave everything behind seems silly to me. Fortunately for us everyone in retal is committed to BC despite the server xfers coming soon.

What keeps you playing that MMO? It isn't the ranked Queues or the PVE raiding. Its the community you play with. The people you play with.

Of course we do have our fair share of immature trash talkers, but as Flux was saying you have a lot more of that on a pvp server.

Definitely staying and just continuing to hope they bring cross-server pvp to ranked wz's only. I re-rolled on BC right after the server mergers all but killed Jung Ma's community (what was that, last summer?) Maybe RP-PVP is vastly different from straight up PVP but just as there were "more good players" over there, there were also waaaaaay more terribad players to contend with. In fact, I will probably bring some of my Jung Ma punks over to BC.

For those that plan on leaving, I hope (and assume) it'll just be 1 toon to test out the waters. And I hope you come right the hell back! :mad:

As for guessing there might/should be legacy transfers... I don't even wanna know what the fee for that would be. :eek:

I didn't for the one reason why I don't believe I will transfer when transfers come out. The people I play with. The community here on BC. You can run ranked all days, but at the end of the day what have you accomplished? You're rating gets a bit higher. You get a bit more gear. But then you hit a ceiling where nothing changes. You fight the same people, you lose, you win, you max your gear. What keeps you playing that MMO? It isn't the ranked Queues or the PVE raiding. Its the community you play with. The people you play with. So to up and leave is just a complete slap in the face to all the hard worked hours and days that were put in. Through the darkest times and the brightest. A community stands firm because we all got each others backs. Individuals who bail are simply cowards and classless individuals that don't deserve to roll under the BC flag.

Just my 2 cents.

I never thought of it that way. :D

Okay, now on to the Serious Business:

For those of us who have decided to transfer: our names on are intended server destinations are often taken. Leaving us with a difficult choice. Do we change them up? Or do we succumb to the subtle decadence of alt-characters?

I always used to think I was too good a person to use an alt-character.... But now I'm not quite so sure.

Edited by stringcat

Okay, now on to the Serious Business:

For those of us who have decided to transfer: our names on are intended server destinations are often taken. Leaving us with a difficult choice. Do we change them up? Or do we succumb to the subtle decadence of alt-characters?

I always used to think I was too good a person to use an alt-character.... But now I'm not quite so sure.

I wonder who could have taken all of those names on the Bastion and POT5 :rolleyes: