Transfers are coming... next best thing to Cross Server.

Baedwulf

I'll try to be diplomatic and say there is plenty of talent on both Bastion and POT5.

MVP, Dont Panic, Strictly Business, Synergy are the top 4 guilds currently. All of them have scored wins against each other and will continue to do so. If you're not already aware, http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies has hours and hours of prime competitive content for anyone to view for themselves.

In the next tier, guilds such as Crescendo, Crits and Giggles, Nothing-Personal are all quite active and queueing often. Under the right circumstances, these guilds can beat the better teams for sure (though it is an uphill battle).

Following that, guilds such as Freaks of Legend, Hakuna Rakata, Pain Train, ARC, Suckafish, and plenty others that I'm sure I'm forgetting about are still strengthening and gearing up.

I don't play on POT5 so I can't speak for them, but one of my favourite things about this server is that the competitive PvP community is very tight-knit and friendly. If a guild needs one or two more to start queueing, they ask one of the neighbouring guilds and queues start popping. Just the other day, our full MVP team lost to some Synergy/Dont Panic/Crescendo hybrid group because there's a lot of skill spread through the whole server.

While it's true that Casual beat us on the PTS, take that with a grain of salt. We went 1-2 against Casual (if you don't count DC's), and ended up with a winning record against Nostrum Dolus (EU) and Squirtle Squad (Harbinger). I believe that Nostrum Dolus ended up with a positive record against Casual, so it ends up as a rock-paper-scissors situation. At any rate, it's difficult to judge teams after so few games. All the teams that played on the PTS were very good.

The aforementioned Squirtle Squad boys (as well as other top Harbinger guilds) have chosen to transfer to Bastion (source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638104&page=8 post #76), and while I'm sure that a lot of skill remains on POT5, I had heard that most of casual has quit (including Liege?) prior to 2.0.

In a perfect world, Bioware would just implement cross-server queues and reset ratings, and then the debate could be settled. Until then, if you're still on the fence about which server to transfer to, I can say with confidence that The Bastion will provide what you're looking for. We already have queues popping from 7pm-3am most nights. With the incoming population boost from Harbinger, Dalborra, and the Oceanic servers (who will only be able to manage west coast for lag reasons), our already competitive server is excited for more fresh faces, and you'd be more than welcome here.

Translation: Bastion is the bomb and if you are not playing on the Bastion you are wasting you're time playing on a mediocre server. /end translation

ps. Nice write up Morde, dam you sound like the Bastion librarian. :sul_grin:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's true that Casual beat us on the PTS, take that with a grain of salt.

In regards to POT5 vs. Bastion vs. Harbinger, I would argue POT5 performed better based on what we saw.

:rolleyes:

So, PUBS dominate normal WZ's, but the IMP's can balance the favor in rated warzones? I have characters on both sides. Just want to know my imperial isn't screwed all the time, because I do like doing normals.

Actually it isn't that bad in normals. There is an advantage for republic, but I don't go into a game knowing we will win unless we pop with another guild pre-made.

It's kinda funny how Caeliux has no idea what he's talking about, lol.

So Pistols when are you and you're so called "good guild" going to stop beating girly teams on P05 and actually step it up with the big boys on the Bastion?

When you do win on that server do you ever feel like you just beat a retarded kid up?

I mean we both know you get carried by any guild you have been on, Unicorn Stampede now this guild with Yoda.

How much sucking are you given out to stay in a guild that stays competitive, or is that word even used on PO5?

I bet the word competitive don't exist in you're body, I mean if you looked the word average up you are in that equation.

I hope you do come to the Bastion or is thinking about it, cause if you ever did and I knew what toon you was on I would embarrass you so bad you would have to crawl back to a number 2 server at best.

Edited by Caeliux

So Pistols when are you and you're so called "good guild" going to stop beating girly teams on P05 and actually step it up with the big boys on the Bastion?

When you do win on that server do you ever feel like you just beat a retarded kid up?

I mean we both know you get carried by any guild you have been on, Unicorn Stampede now this guild with Yoda.

How much sucking are you given out to stay in a guild that stays competitive, or is that word even used on PO5?

I bet the word competitive don't exist in you're body, I mean if you looked the word average up you are in that equation.

I hope you do come to the Bastion or is thinking about it, cause if you ever did and I knew what toon you was on I would embarrass you so bad you would have to crawl back to a number 2 server at best.

Quality!

The grammar is stronk with this one :eek:

The grammar is stronk with this one :eek:

Cute how you stick up for Pistols, how is he in bed?

So how is Casual doing of late, or did you guys finally see that PO5 stinks like poop and quit the game?

So what's the plan, does Casual want a real challenge or do you like spanking Regstar kids on PO5?

Just saying.

Who ARE you? @Caeliux

I am the Alpha Omega, who are you?

Edited by Caeliux

Lol /thread_over

The thread will continue with or without me, thanks for the bump though.

I assume the jealousy about being on a garbage server brings you to the Bastion thread.

Ironic that you stick you're nose over here, sounds to me the only way for you to be a tough guy is to browse to the Bastion thread and troll someone like me that is better than you in all things.

Again I dare you to step to the Bastion, the day that happens I will release my true name on the server and will embarrass any skill you thought you have on PO5.

Just this time don't back peddle and makes excuses and quit games over it, you know the quitter mentality you carry.

I quit whenever I feel like the team is garbage, doesn't understand objectives or just simply wasting my time.

And truth be told, I really don't give 2 chits about it.

Remember this post, make sure when you explain how bad you are when posting to a good player. I would put that quote in your sig.

When I think of excuses people make when geting owned in PVP, you come to mind.

Step you're game up kid, cause to me you're nothing but a trash gamer that gets carried on PO5.

Sad but true.

Edited by Caeliux

[quote=Morde_;6324248

The aforementioned Squirtle Squad boys (as well as other top Harbinger guilds) have chosen to transfer to Bastion (source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638104&page=8 post #76), and while I'm sure that a lot of skill remains on POT5, I had heard that most of Casual has quit (including Liege and Thurinlore?) prior to 2.0.

Squirtle Squad doesn't really exist anymore (And on the PTS it was just an amalgation of every PvPer that had a toon on the PTS from the server, hence why earlier games and the last few games we played were also our most competitive, just different sets of players), rather its ascendancy, lukewarm tauntauns and krusty krab klan (and yes thats their name... sigh) that will be transferring. Along with any of the other pubside guilds (Adroit/C O V E N A N T/Vegetable Medley) if they choose too. I just wanted to give a head count of our teams, and clarify that there will be 3-5 teams from Harbinger going to Bastion at transfers. 3 very competitive, very strong teams for sure will be there.

Tbh, I see bastion as the better of the two servers to transfer to exclusively because of their time spread for games as well as amount of competitive teams and games. Not because of skill difference. Go to your better ping server between the two lol. With so many teams from various servers going between the two, there will be plenty for everyone :)

Edited by IAmViiOLENT