The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Groupfinder rage = Quitting game?

Malchan

Ever since 2.0 Groupfinder for Operations has been broken. I like the game, a lot actually. But if I can't enjoy endgame content like I want to. Theres not much of a reason to stay on the game. And I can't seem to find another guild to switch to that can run Operations with each other without the party falling apart. Just was in a group blowing through it and offtank leaves us, then the healer, then 3 DPS.... this isn't just me complaining because I'm not good at the game. It's just if I pay for the game and I want to enjoy endgame things I expect the endgame content to function properly. Why is it so damned hard to add a 50 level tier to finder to encourage more people to use it? And change it back to how it functioned pre-2.0 BW because it never took me 5 HOURS on average to find a group for an Operation via GF. I know for a fact I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Now that I've been playing this for so long, I can see all of the *********** issues this game has. PVP is broken beyond belief when Maur's can throw 6 lightsabers at me somehow or a Sage can beat me down with 10 consecutive blasts off of one cast. And now GF is all messed up? 2.0 ruined the game with all the **** BW changed on top of the trees without telling us.

I concur. Bioware should institute a lock on the players in groupfinder that prevents them from logging out during an Op.

I had NO idea this had been allowed in 2.0. Shameful. Lock those people in until the last boss is down, like before!

Because... That IS what you're saying, right?

I concur. Bioware should institute a lock on the players in groupfinder that prevents them from logging out during an Op.

I had NO idea this had been allowed in 2.0. Shameful. Lock those people in until the last boss is down, like before!

Because... That IS what you're saying, right?

So hold on, although i completely agree with the point the OP is making. What happens when (as it seems to have been happening since 2.0) i join an OP or FP via GF, to find i have no UI to use, no chat to apologise before logging out to rectify the situation, and no ability to rejoin that OP or FP with a working UI. All because BW don't bother testing their patches and iron out their erroneous coding errors?

Wouldn't it be simply better to LOCK that player to that instance, and give a 2-5min grace period for them to rejoin that OP/FP via GF, before locking them out of GF for the duration of that OP/FP instance?

Making it so it locks them is a bit hardwe than you think. What if the person gets disconnected b/c his ISP went out or they had a power outage. I can understand putting a lock on people who knowing leave qa warzone. A message that pops up saying "You are leaving the ops/warzone if you wish click on Exit. Know that if you do there will be a 30min lockout before you can do another ops/warzone." Then if the click exit the timer starts. However for those that just loose connection b/c of something out of there control should not be punished with the lock out.

Also if they do this again after the first 30min lockout the time increases to 2 hours and will keep going until it gets to 24 hours.

But it is kind of hard to implement this a lot of situations to consider

Edited by deathstork