The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AP or Pyro for PVE leveling?

Cripop

Which one do you guys prefer to level with? I am level 32 and been playing Pyro. It seems okay but I read that AP might have better survivability and maybe a little higher dps output? Thanks

I would PVE with pyro until you get enough points for prototype flame thrower. Subscribers respec for free, nothing lost there. Superheated rails and the CGC DOTS are nice early on, and DOTS do most of your work for you on mobs that can't heal or clear them.

The only reason I could think of not to respec, is that you want to come up with a really natural key binding early on that sticks in your head. Then it's second nature later on in PVP and high end PVE raids.

http://taugrim.com/2011/04/07/guide-to-strafing-movement-and-keybindings/

I say ap is the way to go for leveling after lvl 35 or so. Less heat issues than pyro and immolate, the top skill is one of my favorite ability animations. If you want be be almost invincible and don't care about dmg output. Shield tech with mako means you practically never die.

It really doesn't matter. They both have good aoe now for leveling, pyro has flame sweeps dot, and ap has flamethrower , but they both have Death from above, which gets buffed in the pyro tree when it hits burning targets. Granted its a 1min cd, but still. It doesn't matter till you're capped what spec you are.