How much do you hate PvE?

Baedwulf

Just because the forums are boring today... and if you're like me, you hate having to PvE just so you can PvP.

Let's have some fun with it...

- I hate PvE so much... my level 45 jug doesn't have a ship.

- 8 of my 14 characters have only one companion.

- pre-ordered expansion.... still haven't been to Makeb.

- When I run low on credits I fly to Ilum, collect the daily missions... do one and use my fleet pass shortly after.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate is such an ugly word. For the most part I strongly dislike PvE yet its sad since you almost need to do dailies constantly to be able to run missions to craft your own aug kits and augs or to buy them.

I have not completed one story line yet. Only up to act 2 and that's it.

I actually kind a like a bit of PvE once in a while. It calms the nerves. And most of the stories suck until you get into act 2 or even 3.

I originally came to this game for the PvE, although like many others, I would've loved KOTOR 3 over this but that's neither here nor there. Why is PVE such a burden to do for some of you? I've gravitated more towards PvP in the past 5 months or so and am enjoying it, but the PvE really isn't as bad as some of you make it out to be.

I hate having to level, side-missions and story, havent watched a convo so far, but operations are pretty decent. Flashpoints are somewhere inbetween if people spacebar it but horrible if you have to sit through the convo. I'm not even doing dailies when I'm in desperate need of credits, I'd rather buy and re-sell cartel stuff. Edited by MidichIorian

Yes, I agree with you. It is that good in this game, nuff said. So we may have to get some PvE gear to min/max our Pvp gear. I agree with you, no biggie friend! High five for an on-point post Pistols! What server are you on? I like your philosophy, let's do this Pve Thing! I'll heal or tank or whatever friend!

Edited by Genttry

I hate having to level, side-missions and story, havent watched a convo so far, but operations are pretty decent. Flashpoints are somewhere inbetween if people spacebar it but horrible if you have to sit through the convo. I'm not even doing dailies when I'm in desperate need of credits, I'd rather buy and re-sell cartel stuff.

Agreed! Operations aren't so bad! +1 to you my friend! See ,t he tide is changing in the PvP forum, even if it is one person at a time! Cheers!

Enjoy PvE more than PvP.

I PvP casually, and as such don't really care if things aren't perfectly balanced.

Occasionally though, it's nice to unwind with a few warzones, or kill time before ops or whatnot.

Word! Then maybe you enjoy not getting slaughtered immediately in warzones with the new bolster system? Do you queue more in pvp or do you not even bother still. Youshould give it a try my friend! It isn't as bad without top tier PvP gear anymore:) You can make a difference in the battle! Cheers Cyber!

Word! Then maybe you enjoy not getting slaughtered immediately in warzones with the new bolster system? Do you queue more in pvp or do you not even bother still. Youshould give it a try my friend! It isn't as bad without top tier PvP gear anymore:) You can make a difference in the battle! Cheers Cyber!

Alas, I'm plagued with 90fps+ everywhere except warzones, where I get 5-15 fps. As such, in pvp I prefer clases like my sorc that aren't in the melee clusterfu*k, which I can somewhat play skillfully with low framerates.

Bolster does make it more enjoyable as none of my toons are fully pvp geared, but I wish it was tweaked so pvp gear was a bit better than pve gear, because that's how it should be lol. But yes, I do enjoy contributing without being completely geared out.

Edited by CyberTronX

PVE is awesome. This game is founded on story telling and getting immersed in your character and his/her quest.

Probably half the people who complain about PVE are the same people complaining about the new bolster system/PVP, which makes no sense to me in a game whose developers openly admitted to not trying to revolutionize gameplay, just story telling.

If you're not enjoying watching convos and using just one iota of your imagination to get involved in the story, you're really missing out.

PVE is awesome. This game is founded on story telling and getting immersed in your character and his/her quest.

Probably half the people who complain about PVE are the same people complaining about the new bolster system/PVP, which makes no sense to me in a game whose developers openly admitted to not trying to revolutionize gameplay, just story telling.

If you're not enjoying watching convos and using just one iota of your imagination to get involved in the story, you're really missing out.

The problem is, I have done all those planets, many times already. I know their stories, and I don't care to visit them again, even to spacebar through them. Once you have played out the stories, the only thing to imagine there is actually reaching into the computer and choking (or just force choking) that ai scripted clown. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-PVE, it just gets boring after doing everything so many times already. Every WZ is a brand new fight, with its own challenges, not the same boring retread.

Naw, cheers though.

Hate is such an ugly word. For the most part I strongly dislike PvE yet its sad since you almost need to do dailies constantly to be able to run missions to craft your own aug kits and augs or to buy them.

This.

I actually enjoy PvE leveling (soloing, not flashpoints). Mostly because sub 55 PvP is awful, and I can't stand more then maybe 3 warzones of it per level. I feel like it's a little quicker to do missions as well.

I guess its the flashpoint/raid aspect of pve I have great disdain for. Generally takes a long time, gets wrecked by a stupid player, I hate teh greed exhibited on loot drops. If you get grouped with bads in PvP, even if you stick it out, you're wasting what? 10 minutes of your life? That's nothing.

I only find PvE money gaining tolerable because I usually get to see pubs to fight out in Section X or Black Hole. We still deserve more money for warzones though, this idea that people spend money on repairs doing dailies is just foolishness. It's not true.

Finally, yeah, I haven't completed Makeb on any characters yet. I kinda just lost interest, story wasn't that appealing to me. Although if there hadn't been such major PvP changes to test//work through, I probably WOULD have finished it.

Still, I'm 55 and 9/14 conqueror now....and I've had no desire to go back and finish the quest line. None.

Edited by islander

I originally came to this game for the PvE, although like many others, I would've loved KOTOR 3 over this but that's neither here nor there. Why is PVE such a burden to do for some of you? I've gravitated more towards PvP in the past 5 months or so and am enjoying it, but the PvE really isn't as bad as some of you make it out to be.

The people, the people in this game who do end game PvE basically suck from a personality/humanity/greed standpoint. Almost all of them.

I feel like the percentage of d-bags in pvp is much, much lower.

Edited by islander