Still no cross-faction-communication?

Sylend

I get your line of thought. I mean, these PVPers aren't really even doing real PVP, they're just running around swinging at whatever they can hit and there is no real competition or leaderboards or organization. They should all go to League Of Legends instead. Problem solved, no need to care about PVP content anymore!

Oh wait, it doesn't work like that. 1) You don't get to define what roleplay is for others, 2) you don't get to tell them to go elsewhere and 3) the game already sets a precedent that it's a space for RP by providing dedicated RP tools and RP-friendly features and spaces, RPers' money is just as green in this game as yours and their presence should be taken as seriously as any other player type's.

Restricting arbitrarily what kinds of RP are allowed when it's not a matter of technical obstacles is silly and chases away players who actively want to play the game and enjoy it with their friends their way. How can you even actively be against allowing other people to enjoy the game more? It's not taking anything away from your experience.

^This

Just deleted my post, because you said it far better than I did.

10/10

Edited by La_Trix

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get your line of thought. I mean, these PVPers aren't really even doing real PVP, they're just running around swinging at whatever they can hit and there is no real competition or leaderboards or organization. They should all go to League Of Legends instead. Problem solved, no need to care about PVP content anymore!

Oh wait, it doesn't work like that. 1) You don't get to define what roleplay is for others, 2) you don't get to tell them to go elsewhere and 3) the game already sets a precedent that it's a space for RP by providing dedicated RP tools and RP-friendly features and spaces, RPers' money is just as green in this game as yours and their presence should be taken as seriously as any other player type's.

Restricting arbitrarily what kinds of RP are allowed when it's not a matter of technical obstacles is silly and chases away players who actively want to play the game and enjoy it with their friends their way. How can you even actively be against allowing other people to enjoy the game more? It's not taking anything away from your experience.

This. Thank you. It saved me the time of writing a post.

Yep, /signed.

Bashing others happens in same faction too.

I've seen it, joined groups where it happened, sees it in general chat sometimes...

It makes no sense at all to restrict chatting cross-faction to /say only.

yeah, a lot of kids like you here ...

this is not facebook to chat like moron everyday, this is videogame ...

Thank you, am proud to be a nerd. But your post begs me to wonder... your pvping (I'm assuming) in the Star Wars universe. If that doesn't make you a nerd as well, are you here because Call of Duty was too hard for you?

I came for the lulz.

I find it sad that when some people ask for something and some disagree they have to resort to name calling which shows how childish they are. No one expects everyone to like a item they request but to show your ignorance and disrespect for people who requests something is beyond me.

I may not like pvp but I do not go around calling them names when they request things. I try to give them the respect for something they may feel they would like included.

You would think people would do the same whether they agree or not but it seems I was wrong and that is sad that some people have to resort to name calling and being disrespectful when they dont' agree with something.

And you have rights over them in some way because....? If I'm not mistaken its these die hards that kept SWG going for as long as it did not because gameplay was all that awesome (sorry you fans the gameplay was horrible aside from space combat) but because of the massive RP community they built within the game which would still be there instead of here had they been given the chance.

as a video game there are multiple ways to play it. I was not under the impression that you were only allowed to be social outside of video games.

And not sure your age, but many are not "kids" but rational adults.

And you have rights over them in some way because....? If I'm not mistaken its these die hards that kept SWG going for as long as it did not because gameplay was all that awesome (sorry you fans the gameplay was horrible aside from space combat) but because of the massive RP community they built within the game which would still be there instead of here had they been given the chance.

SWG ( well at lest it's original form) is still going with SWGEMU and a lot of RPers are helping with that as well

Who are you to say I have to have a cross faction communication system implemented? I enjoy my enemies not being able to directly contact me. How do you have rights over how I play this game? We're in a cold war here, stop trying to be all kissy huggy with the opposing faction.

I find it sad that when some people ask for something and some disagree they have to resort to name calling which shows how childish they are. No one expects everyone to like a item they request but to show your ignorance and disrespect for people who requests something is beyond me.

I may not like pvp but I do not go around calling them names when they request things. I try to give them the respect for something they may feel they would like included.

You would think people would do the same whether they agree or not but it seems I was wrong and that is sad that some people have to resort to name calling and being disrespectful when they dont' agree with something.

Welcome to the internet :/ I'd love to be friendly, respectful, and optimistic, but sometimes you just have to hit someone in the head in order to get a point across.

h wait...sorry for talking to you. We should take this conversation to the Facebook pages for our Second Life characters... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the internet :/ I'd love to be friendly, respectful, and optimistic, but sometimes you just have to hit someone in the head in order to get a point across.

h wait...sorry for talking to you. We should take this conversation to the Facebook pages for our Second Life characters... :rolleyes:

Lol. I don't do facebook.

Who are you to say I have to have a cross faction communication system implemented? I enjoy my enemies not being able to directly contact me. How do you have rights over how I play this game? We're in a cold war here, stop trying to be all kissy huggy with the opposing faction.

And the same can be said about you. How dare you tell anyone that they have to stop playing the way they want. You want to play your way then fine but don't expect everyone to play your way either. It goes both ways not just your way.

if you've read the thread you will see where multiple people have stated GOOD ideas at allowing you to turn it off. Just like people can remove themselves from general chat.

and who said RP abilities for cross factions was all "kissy huggy?" Do you know what RP is?

who are you to say i have to have a cross faction communication system implemented? I enjoy my enemies not being able to directly contact me. How do you have rights over how i play this game? We're in a cold war here, stop trying to be all kissy huggy with the opposing faction.

Breaking news!!!

Someone posts on thread, without reading it!!!

More at eleven!!!

Edited by La_Trix

if you've read the thread you will see where multiple people have stated GOOD ideas at allowing you to turn it off. Just like people can remove themselves from general chat.

and who said RP abilities for cross factions was all "kissy huggy?" Do you know what RP is?

I know I wouldn't be all kissy huggy,

I would use it more to call on my RL friends on their opposite faction toon so we can have a good fight somewhere or plan a battle concluding an RP story arc more efficiently, definitely not to hug them :p

It would in fact bring more WAR into Star Wars, not less.

I just don't get how some people are so scared of it , especially when all chat channels can already be turned off if you don't want em.

I know I wouldn't be all kissy huggy,

I would use it more to call on my RL friends on their opposite faction toon so we can have a good fight somewhere or plan a battle concluding an RP story arc more efficiently, definitely not to hug them :p

It would in fact bring more WAR into Star Wars, not less.

I just don't get how some people are so scared of it , especially when all chat channels can already be turned off if you don't want em.

And that is what RP is all about, having fun with your friends, and making new ones.