Romancing future companions.

GromKys

I know this is a question no one will probably have an answer to, but we can speculate.

I play as a female Imperial Agent, and to my regret I romanced Vector, as we all know you can't really end romance once you miss the initial dialogue option.(Although I denied his marriage proposal, luckily)

What I've been wondering is this: Will this romance lock out romance with any future companions? Will BioWare add an end romance option?

I find it rather weird there isn't such an option already to be honest.Can't be much harder than: [character]romance = 0/1 :p

I know this is a question no one will probably have an answer to, but we can speculate.

I play as a female Imperial Agent, and to my regret I romanced Vector, as we all know you can't really end romance once you miss the initial dialogue option.(Although I denied his marriage proposal, luckily)

What I've been wondering is this: Will this romance lock out romance with any future companions? Will BioWare add an end romance option?

I find it rather weird there isn't such an option already to be honest.Can't be much harder than: [character]romance = 0/1 :p

Why would you regret romancing Vector? He's the sweetest male romance in the whole game.

Why would you regret romancing Vector? He's the sweetest male romance in the whole game.

That's a matter of opinion.

I'd personally hope that if we get a romancable companion, we'd also get a "re-do"-button to companion convos: you press it, you can restart the companion storyline from convo 1 and do it again. Personally I'd like this just to get nostalgic and re-romance Andronikos with my assassin (played her to 50 around a year ago, have forgotten half of the romance already, and really don't fancy the idea of rerolling an alt just to reromance someone). But it could also be used to change your romanced companion.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vector, he's awesome, I'm just not really interested in him in that way.

That's a matter of opinion.

I'd personally hope that if we get a romancable companion, we'd also get a "re-do"-button to companion convos: you press it, you can restart the companion storyline from convo 1 and do it again. Personally I'd like this just to get nostalgic and re-romance Andronikos with my assassin (played her to 50 around a year ago, have forgotten half of the romance already, and really don't fancy the idea of rerolling an alt just to reromance someone). But it could also be used to change your romanced companion.

That is a great alternative, I'd even pay Cartel points for it.

Edited by GromKys

I've always thought they should implement replay as a legacy option once you finish a storyline with a companion character. There are aspects of new romance options that some people might object to paying for

But I agree with the basic idea and would like to see that offered.

Edited by Bytemite

At this point, I don't think anyone even knows for sure whether there are new companions in the plans at all. I could only assume that, if we got new companions, and if those new companions were romancable, then Bioware wouldn't implement them in a way that meant most people would be permanently locked out of that romance before their character even met those companions.

Given that in the last year and a half they've released one new companion and it was a droid, I doubt that this will become an issue any time soon. I don't think they've given any indication of how they would handle a new companion romance line, but I'm hoping it would at some point trigger the ability to "break up with" an earlier romance.

I, too, would love to see the option to replay a companion's conversations from scratch, but I've no idea whether they'll ever do that.

My guess is that there will be some kind of option to end the romance if they introduce another romanceable companion. It would probably be on the same lines as the current situations where there are two romanceable companions (male IA, male SW, male Smug) where if you try to romance both you'll end up with a confrontation scene of some sort where you have to choose.

The first new companion didn't take so long as it wasn't dependent on romance choices, but he was the first companion we've seen to be used by any character. I wonder if they're going to consider doing that again with future romancable companions. I suppose it would be like the Makeb romance storyline only you'd get to take them with you at the end.

They know if they add to what we already have, it would mean writing 2 for each class, so 16 new companions and they know they should be involving SGR at some point. I very much doubt they would add new ones this way.

Plus of course people want continuation with their current companions. So adding only a few new ones to be shared across faction seems the most likely.

Most importantly, considering how long this game has been out they know full well many players will have already gotten to the marriage stage with a companion. So for that reason an option to break it off and start again with the new companion seems very possible. Otherwise that option would only be open to players who have never romanced a companion and want to with the new one? would be an odd thing to put in the game (then again, stranger choices have happened -cough- Makeb -cough-

Edited by AelixVII

So adding only a few new ones to be shared across faction seems the most likely.

Yes, this does seem the most likely implementation(if they decide to add new romanceable companions at all, which considering how they handled the SGR issue in Makeb, I doubt they will be adding new companions ever).