Not Your Ordinary - PvP Videos

Polymerize

What is this trash? Have you finished college yet? Seems like you think you are super educated but honestly your actions speak louder. Please go play rateds and get back to the PVP community who actually pvp. Regular warzones mean nothing in this game and do not show the same skill level as rateds. You have played this game for a year saying you are awesome at pvp. Please show us and don't bust out it take time like a college degree. These comparisons are extremely terrible. Just because you know how to play the game doesn't mean you can execute it at all.

Your Friend

Hey Friend, I'm not going to be hostile. I'm just going to say that you missed the point entirely. It was an analogy that i made up... I think it is quite good, actually. & you just completely mistook it.

If you must know, no; I have not finished College as of yet. Currently in my 2nd junior semester of a ChemE degree. It is currently delaying my inevitable dismantlement of Xerain's simple minded assessment. He cannot even break down one minute of gameplay - if you cannot have a discussion concerning what a high-level player would do & be aware of at any given time; then you obviously display nothing at a high-level in the game itself.

Edited by Polymerize

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else want to take a shot at assessing the time frame I had referenced?

I'm only dogging Xerain because he deserves it. I'm not sure why I'm giving him any thought whatsoever; he is my Poster Child now though.

Just giving you a heads up to let you know the PVP community will only acknowledge people who have rating or have done rated warzones. Reg warzone heroes who write up guides have no place on these forums telling people how to play this game. How hard is it to do 10 rated warzones? Even a rating of 800 is better than your ZERO rating. Please tell us all why you have no rating but have been playing this game for 1 plus years?

PROOF:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/norating.jpg/

LOL!

So you speak for the entire pvp community huh?

Rating means ****, take your e-peen elsewhere.

LOL!

So you speak for the entire pvp community huh?

Rating means ****, take your e-peen elsewhere.

^- this is true especially when guilds have been big enough to rated against each other and stack alts. Its pretty worthless.

Haters are my motivators.

Continue to mock me and you might just convince yourself that I'm such an idiot that even after viewing my videos (coming in the future) with commentary and annotations; you'll learn absolutely nothing and you'll continue to be average players living in a facade that is the league of 'top PvP players'. I'll give you the tools; it will be your choice to acknowledge them in the videos and to try to learn how to implement them in your gameplay.

So keep up the 'motivation' and bumps for my thread; its much appreciated. :rolleyes:

This right here is my main issue with you, your garbage attitude. You come in here talking like you're heaven's gift to PvP. You assume that every single forum poster here is average or worse, and that we should all worship you because you think you are amazing. And yes, when you set yourself up like that, you are going to get trolled hard, and deserve it. If you are going to talk like you're the greatest player ever, then you better be able to prove that you are the best f**king player ever. These videos show that you are certainly not.

It's all about presentation, if instead your attitude was somewhere along the lines of "Hey guys, I'm making some videos/ guides because I'm trying to help people learn and improve. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions, or share some ideas." People would respond a whole lot better to you.

This right here is my main issue with you, your garbage attitude. You come in here talking like you're heaven's gift to PvP. You assume that every single forum poster here is average or worse, and that we should all worship you because you think you are amazing. And yes, when you set yourself up like that, you are going to get trolled hard, and deserve it. If you are going to talk like you're the greatest player ever, then you better be able to prove that you are the best f**king player ever. These videos show that you are certainly not.

It's all about presentation, if instead your attitude was somewhere along the lines of "Hey guys, I'm making some videos/ guides because I'm trying to help people learn and improve. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions, or share some ideas." People would respond a whole lot better to you.

I share this guys thoughts exactly.

Xerain may talk a lot of smack, OP, but at least he can back it up with his gameplay. Throughout the course of several matches you spend a great deal of time talking trash to your team/trying to kiss up to the more well known pvpers on your team. It seems you care more about how people view you than your actual gameplay.

I know whatever criticism given here will fall on deaf ears, so no I do not care to elaborate.

Your guides and strats posted are well written and thought out, however that is all moot unless it is put onto practice in the meta game.

More videos to come in the near future (final's week is almost over :D).

~5/8/13

Long overdue but, I now have some recording privileges.

The videos need to be watched in 1080p.

They do not have special effects. No special music. They are full length matches with music I was listening to in the background.

They are just some videos I recorded over the span of playing 3-4 hours last night. Just some regular matches on POT5. In the future I will put captions and notes in the video as it goes along; pointing out things that are important and things that I am thinking about and noticing as the game progresses. Without notes you likely will not have a clue what I'm doing at times, so expect notes in these videos in the future. Also expect voice recording in the future as well.

So not many details right now, just check out the 3-4 videos. You might learn something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SliceGTFO/videos?flow=grid&view=0

- I would suggest watching "Civil War - How You Should Play the Game" first. (laggy for the first 15 seconds but it clears up.)

Gear is full 3/4 partisan with no augs, not min/maxed at all, no stim. Deception spec - 3/40/3

~Poly

10/10 would not invite to a premade.

Xerain talks a lot of smack but it's always well deserved... his trash talking is backed by logic, knowledge and skill and the biggest difference is...

He's not screaming for attention like the OP.

Go Packers.

Xerain talks a lot of smack but it's always well deserved... his trash talking is backed by logic, knowledge and skill
BM is accepted only from a select few elite players in their respective disciplines. It may be deserved, but it is definitely not welcome.

Xerain talks a lot of smack but it's always well deserved... his trash talking is backed by logic, knowledge and skill and the biggest difference is...

He's not screaming for attention like the OP.

Go Packers.

Don't go giving Xerain so much credit. His trolling is hard enough to put up with without his head getting any bigger. :D

Seeing as I won't have new videos up for at least another 3-4 days; let us have some discussions concerning certain situations that arose during my videos. After this discussion has ran its course I will start another.

I'll name the video and the time and which you should begin watching.

Film : Civil War - w/ the Casual Premade.

Time : Start at 30 seconds. End at 1 minute & 40 seconds.

I want to hear what you guys think I should have done during this time frame. Anything different? Anything the same? After watching the film, I see a few moves that I could have made that would have had a big effect on the match. Give me specifics and your thought process to back it up.

I want to hear whether Amilea killing Lifaen is a good or bad thing, and why you think this is so. There is a very important point to be shown from this. I hope to see someone get it correct; and have a thought process to back it up.

Okay, so I watched this stint again a couple of times, and while it is fairly difficult to follow names and such given how quickly the screen is moving around, I think I finally captured the point at which the death of Lifaen happened, which was at 1:10 of the video.

I haven't played your class, so I honestly don't know all the various abilities, so I'll just stick to the basics.

What I see that was going for your team during this time: There were FIVE enemy players occupied in this area for the bulk of the time. That's over one minute where most of their team was occupied. There's really no reason why your teammates shouldn't have taken South during this period.

On the other hand, they had two players who were focused on capping the point, even while the battle was playing out, and there wasn't enough opposition to them doing this. I felt like you were spending too much time checking for additional incoming and not enough time actively supporting Torrence and Amelia (trying to go on memory here for the names) by preventing them from their continued point cap. Unless I'm mistaken, this map doesn't take an all-or-nothing approach to the capping - the other team can incrementally cap the point after only a short delay when first starting the process. So, interrupting as early as possible is, potentially, more helpful than waiting until late in the process, especially if there is no other opposition at the node.

That said, if a player is capping, he isn't fighting, which means that your fighters will last longer against fewer opponents. So, you'd have to let the enemy players cap for 3-4 seconds, then interrupt, and repeat, in order to gain the time advantage of them being kept busy. Frustrate the effort too soon, and they'd simply disengage, wipe the enemy given the far superior numbers, and go back to capping. While you had two teammates, I feel like your risk while you were visible was lower than after they died, since the focus was not on you at that point.

Obviously, the goal there was not to take or even keep West... it was to delay them from getting it.

As for the kill on Lifaen, it took him out of the battle for 25 seconds. He did come directly back to the node and re-engage at 1:35 of the video shortly before Dragonyt died. In that respect, it was worthwhile. Except that Lifaen was not trying to cap the node, and another player was (at the point where he died, if I saw it correctly). Given how low his health was at the time and how sorely outnumbered your team was, I'm not sure that it was a bad call for Amelia to finish him off. But, had he not raced right back, it could have been bad because then he was full health and was able to cut the distance to South (where he should have been needed) in half.

Edited by -Wes-

For the amount of time invested into PvP by us all... is it just me, or is there way too much thought and talk being put into this one mediocre match?

LOL. From my point of view, it isn't about this match at all. It's about all the other ones yet to come. :cool:

For the amount of time invested into PvP by us all... is it just me, or is there way too much thought and talk being put into this one mediocre match?

Don't worry Reg Warzones are the real deal brother. Didn't you hear that SWTOR is real life? The more reg warzone heroes this game has the better. We need a community of people who have no idea how the game is play nor do they realize this is OBJECT BASED TEAM PLAY. Too bad reg warzones you don't control all factors of the fight thus nullifies everything "AWESOME" that is produced by any such player. If you are going to act like this is competitive PVP you first have to play competitive PVP .

Don't worry Reg Warzones are the real deal brother. Didn't you hear that SWTOR is real life? The more reg warzone heroes this game has the better. We need a community of people who have no idea how the game is play nor do they realize this is OBJECT BASED TEAM PLAY. Too bad reg warzones you don't control all factors of the fight thus nullifies everything "AWESOME" that is produced by any such player. If you are going to act like this is competitive PVP you first have to play competitive PVP .

So what you're saying is... my outperforming a bunch of random keyboard turning clickers ISN'T impressive?

Blasphemy I say!!!

Well said tho...

Edited by Baedwulf

A good thought in theory, but there is one small problem with this philosophy. Based on ranked warzone participation, regular warzones at 55 ARE the competitive PvP for 99% of the player base. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

A good thought in theory, but there is one small problem with this philosophy. Based on ranked warzone participation, regular warzones at 55 ARE the competitive PvP for 99% of the player base. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

First off, he has been playing since launch of the game. There was a time when this game had TONS of rated teams and lots of people q'ing at all times of the day. You can't even say regular warzones at 55 are competivtive because people go afk or quit when the match doesn't go their way. People go spawn camp and don't play their role (aka assassin guarding node). You are talking about ranked warzone participation and guess what it happens EVERY NIGHT! Don't come on these forums saying that people don't play rateds becasue the player base is small. I EVEN SEE PUG GROUPS play each night doing kickball rateds. So keep saying what you are saying since its nonsense. 99% of the player base doesn't come on the forums posting about how awesome they are in REGULAR warzones. Game has been out a over 1 year with rateds and he has had optimal time to play at least 10 games. Damn kid plays with depreva and couldn't find a rated team? If his rating was 800 I would still take him more serious because at least I know he played rated games. This is a MMO not a single player RPG. So please the next post you are just saying to say stuff. Just keep your awesome comments to your self since you are quite confused on what OBJECTIVE BASED competitive pvp is.

First off, he has been playing since launch of the game. There was a time when this game had TONS of rated teams and lots of people q'ing at all times of the day. You can't even say regular warzones at 55 are competivtive because people go afk or quit when the match doesn't go their way. People go spawn camp and don't play their role (aka assassin guarding node). You are talking about ranked warzone participation and guess what it happens EVERY NIGHT! Don't come on these forums saying that people don't play rateds becasue the player base is small. I EVEN SEE PUG GROUPS play each night doing kickball rateds. So keep saying what you are saying since its nonsense. 99% of the player base doesn't come on the forums posting about how awesome they are in REGULAR warzones. Game has been out a over 1 year with rateds and he has had optimal time to play at least 10 games. Damn kid plays with depreva and couldn't find a rated team? If his rating was 800 I would still take him more serious because at least I know he played rated games. This is a MMO not a single player RPG. So please the next post you are just saying to say stuff. Just keep your awesome comments to your self since you are quite confused on what OBJECTIVE BASED competitive pvp is.

This 100%. Plenty of rateds go on and yeah the population of us that actually do or want to do rateds is small but it's not a hard thing to do. My sin has been doing pug rateds since it got geared just for the sake of comms.

I'm pretty sure I could spam pvp chat too and get a kickball group going in game atm.