Seeker Droid Armor Pieces - Most Annoying Experience in an MMO

Felkroth

Played several MMOs and never have I been so annoyed with something as I have become with these armor pieces.

In the past two days I've spent roughly 8+ hours digging in the active sites of Tatooine.

Fix it....this is the stupidest time sink I've ever experienced, and singularly the most frustrating experience I've ever had in an MMO.

- It's optional, so you don't have to do it unless you really want the armor set

- Tatooine is the most difficult area to dig up because of the competition. The other planets' dig zones are quite easy in comparison and far less populated

- You can try doing it late at night when no one else is digging

- Flag yourself for PvP and make sure to kill the competition wherever possible (flagging is mandatory in the Outlaw's Den)

- If the actual digging is taking you forever, try to triangulate rather than taking small steps in the direction of the post-dig scan

Edited by Jenzali

Eventually those items will be on the cartel market I imagine.

But please expound upon what you mean by "triangulate instead of taking small steps in the direction of where the green leads u"

Eventually those items will be on the cartel market I imagine.

But please expound upon what you mean by "triangulate instead of taking small steps in the direction of where the green leads u"

This is easy enough if you think about what you are doing with your search radius. It's not easy but it's much easier than blind luck some people pretend it is.

Triangulate. Take a bearing with the droid, note the direction indicated, move a significant distance in a straight line from that first point (not directly along the indicated direction, but at an angle as if the first "line" is a side of a triangle [for example if indicated North East, you'd move directly East), use the droid again, note indicated direction and then: if #1 New bearing is different from previous one, mentally note where the two bearings cross and dig at that point; if #2 Same or very similar new bearing to old, repeat process until results = #1. Edited by Uldihaa

Also the triangulate thing will be really harder if you don't use a blue buff thingie. Those can be crafted by cybertechs and the mats are somewhat cheap. I always carry a stack of 20-40 when I go digging.

Not using those is like going into a flashpoint naked.

- Tatooine is the most difficult area to dig up because of the competition. The other planets' dig zones are quite easy in comparison and far less populated

I spent hours last night as the only one in a Tatooine instance and it still took forever to find anything, and what I did find was useless.

Triangulate. Take a bearing with the droid, note the direction indicated, move a significant distance in a straight line from that first point (not directly along the indicated direction, but at an angle as if the first "line" is a side of a triangle [for example if indicated North East, you'd move directly East), use the droid again, note indicated direction and then: if #1 New bearing is different from previous one, mentally note where the two bearings cross and dig at that point; if #2 Same or very similar new bearing to old, repeat process until results = #1.

I doubt many people have trouble finding items after they get a green. I know that the bulk of my time is looking for that initial green response and following it is fairly quick, especially with the blue search buff. Not to mention the frustration when the interesting item is some junk blue armor, or, even worse, the area's special treasure is a purple enhancement 28/basic comms.

Played several MMOs and never have I been so annoyed with something as I have become with these armor pieces.

In the past two days I've spent roughly 8+ hours digging in the active sites of Tatooine.

Fix it....this is the stupidest time sink I've ever experienced, and singularly the most frustrating experience I've ever had in an MMO.

its copied from WOW so they cant really change anything in it...