Hatered of F2P

Exostrike

Like it or not sub players were not paying the bills. It took F2P and the market to save the game.

I don't think that sub players are getting ignored...but at the same time I think Bioware is doing what is best for the game, and that means the market and F2P players.

As long as it keeps the game alive I will support that assumed position.

If 250k players was all they needed to pay the bills, as they said in the beginning, and they had 500k subs before going f2p, as they said they did, then sub players where paying the bills.

What going f2p means, is they wanted more money. Which of course they do, they're a publicly traded company. I'll tell you right now, that's going to be one of the worst thing for a mmo :p

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those saying that f2p is what saved this game are just wrong. what saved the game was the server merge.

people were quitting because there were only 20 people on fleet, on every server except fatman and maybe 1 or 2 others. there were a lot of servers back then. this went on for months without the devs even making an attempt to address the problem. people quit because the game wasn't fun because they couldn't get in flashpoints or ops and warzone queues took over half hour (if you were lucky), and even then you would likely get huttball because that was the only map available that didn't require the other faction to also be queued.

the game lost subs because the people managing the project were not very capable at their jobs. most of them are gone now. ea wanted this to go f2p from the start because they had some grand idea of competing with zynga for facebook games. this game should not have become equivalent to a facebook game. a f2p mmo is not a AAA mmo. i'm quite certain if they introduced voluntary server transfers ahead of legacy they would still be on a sub only plan and they would have retained a lot of people they lost.

for me, i don't like f2p because i think it harms the game. i don't think people kept their subscriptions because of legacy. i think if the devs would have fixed their population problems early and focused on new story, new end-game content, new warzone maps, and maybe some sort of working world pvp model, it would be a far better game than it is now. what i do not care for is the new focus on fluff crap and manipulating their customers to try to get a few extra cartel coins.

Like it or not sub players were not paying the bills. It took F2P and the market to save the game.

I don't think that sub players are getting ignored...but at the same time I think Bioware is doing what is best for the game, and that means the market and F2P players.

As long as it keeps the game alive I will support that assumed position.

F2p do not buy more from the market. People think its the f2p players who saved the game...its the market. The f2p happened to introduce the market but it doesn't mean they bare the ones buying all the content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.