The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NEW WZ EXPLOIT -- Scamper FTW

SOULCASTER

When attacking in a voidstar, at the last cloner with the 3 force fields, you can /scamper from the top ledge over the force field (bypassing it entirely) and plant on the other side on the last door before anyone can get to you.

YAAAAY! Go devs!

This ability has been broken since its creation. WHEN WILL YOU NERF THIS ????????

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When attacking in a voidstar, at the last cloner with the 3 force fields, you can /scamper from the top ledge over the force field (bypassing it entirely) and plant on the other side on the last door before anyone can get to you.

YAAAAY! Go devs!

This ability has been broken since its creation. WHEN WILL YOU NERF THIS ????????

Saw someone do this today rofl.

RIP PvP.

I'm not surprised. Testing is apparently something that is only done to checkoff a project management requirement. They are not serious in how they do it, nor are they serious in fixing the issues that arise. 2.0 is proof of that. It's a shame.

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to do this next time I play my scoundrel! :p

Anyway, being serious, this needs a fix. Maybe so that with no ability you can go above the forcefields.

Edited by Seireeni

basically saying the devs are useless and then sharing an exploit in the same thread. Way to go.

Glad you approve, because thats the point of this thread =)

I hope everyone starts exploiting this, runing warzones, just to show the devs and playerbase how much of a JOKE this /scamper ability is.

On a more serious note, this is the kind of exploit that SHOULD be posted, so you dont have a select few individuals exploiting it in warzones for 8 more months until everyone else gets the memo.

Edited by SOULCASTER

YAAAAY! Go devs!

http://www.kleenex.com

That site should help you with your scamper issues.

The only thing broken about it is you have to use it three times just to get the same distance as force speed takes a sin...

Also, sometimes when you use it you risk getting stuck and kicked out of a warzone.

No the 1-2 rolls do that, the other helps double the distance. But CSB!

the ability should be renamed from scamper to ludicrous speed

Edited by SOULCASTER

No the 1-2 rolsl do that, the other helps double the distance. But CSB!

I have a sin dude... The first roll barely moves you a few meters.. it takes 3 rolls to get you the same distance as force speed. Force speed lasts longer than one roll and takes you further than one roll. Get it right or get out.

I have a sin dude... The first roll barely moves you a few meters.. it takes 3 rolls to get you the same distance as force speed. Force speed lasts longer than one roll and takes you further than one roll. Get it right or get out.

Theres an 18 meter roll btw

I have both, and i've raced my operative friend to nodes before on my assassin...you can't even call it a race.

Also this is my thread, but you're welcome to leave =)

Edited by SOULCASTER

YAAAAY! Go devs!

It was probably the gunslinger/sniper roll, since they go 18m, and stay horizontal in midair (non-ballistic trajectory). Scamper is only 12m, and it drops off once the floor is gone from under you (ballistic trajectory). Have to test it on my scoundrel but i get the feeling that 12m scamper in a ballistic arc isn't going to get you over the laser shields.

I have both, and i've raced my operative friend to nodes before on my assassin...you can't even call it a race.

Also this is my thread, but you're welcome to leave =)

Stop QQing.. and when you got to the end of the race you killed the operative. End of story. Bye bye now

Covered Escape (New ability): This ability makes the Sniper roll forward 18 meters, landing in portable cover. While rolling, the Sniper cannot be hit, and rolling breaks the Sniper out of all movement-impairing effects. 20-second cooldown.

It was probably the gunslinger/sniper roll, since they go 18m, and stay horizontal in midair (non-ballistic trajectory). Scamper is only 12m, and it drops off once the floor is gone from under you (ballistic trajectory). Have to test it on my scoundrel but i get the feeling that 12m scamper in a ballistic arc isn't going to get you over the laser shields.

Give it three days,he'll find something else about the ability to scream "the sky is falling AND IT'S FULL OF SCAMPERING OPS"!

Covered Escape (New ability): This ability makes the Sniper roll forward 18 meters, landing in portable cover. While rolling, the Sniper cannot be hit, and rolling breaks the Sniper out of all movement-impairing effects. 20-second cooldown.

I don't have that abitity but I would prefer it to the one i have now.