Suggestion: Bioware should read the suggestion forum

DarthWoad

First 3 pages there is only one staff post....with the usual "we are looking into this we dont have an ETA"

Many people on here have good suggestions...game enhancing suggestions.

Bioware...why don't you make a long post...put it in a sticky or whatever..and actually acknowledge our suggestions? How about...write a list of the ten most popular suggestions and maybe...I don't know...talk to your development team and do something about it? Assuming you haven't got laid off of course.

And how come there are no polls anymore? Why don't you make a poll about the 10 most popular things suggested on the suggestion forum and people can vote for what they want the most... that way you have more of a connection to the community. Or are you too busy focusing on the cartel store?

If I was a community manager or game developer...I'd make polls and ask my customers what they want...they're the ones paying me right?

I think this kind of suggestion belongs to the suggestion forum....

...Sorry :)

I agree with this sentiment. Or maybe in a written letter to the company because, if they ain't reading it there...they ain't reading it here.

They glance occasionally, like all game devs. But just because they see a few suggestions doesn't mean it can be implemented next patch. They already have a list of things they want in the game that they believe you'll enjoy. Some of them match up to the suggestions forum contents, some do not. They're doing what they think is best for the game. Just let them work. If you're not enjoying the game now, find another game that has the things you like and play there, but remember to keep an ear open over here in case your preferred feature shows up. Gaming is not a hardcore relationship. You're free to let your eyes wander and enjoy other titles. franchises and genres.

First 3 pages there is only one staff post....with the usual "we are looking into this we dont have an ETA"

Bioware...why don't you make a long post...put it in a sticky or whatever..and actually acknowledge our suggestions? How about...write a list of the ten most popular suggestions and maybe...I don't know...talk to your development team and do something about it? Assuming you haven't got laid off of course.

And how come there are no polls anymore? Why don't you make a poll about the 10 most popular things suggested on the suggestion forum and people can vote for what they want the most... that way you have more of a connection to the community. Or are you too busy focusing on the cartel store?

If I was a community manager or game developer...I'd make polls and ask my customers what they want...they're the ones paying me right?

Wasn't everything in this coming 2.1 update suggested at one time. Yeah, no one suggested that it all cost Cartel Coins only, but we are getting it.

Ones of the first rules of product development is understanding that consumers don't really know what they want. They THINK they do, but time and time again business has proved more successful when a product is developed and then given to consumers.

The suggestion forum is just that, a bunch if suggestions. Bioware doesn't owe anyone a response nor should they be required to do so.

If you are not happy with their engagement you can always go play firefall, which will be stuck in beta forever because the developers do everything the forums want instead of finishing the product. It's an absolute mess because they went with a "development by committee" system and you can tell. It's a mess of bad ideas one after another.

Edited by Arkerus

The suggestion forum is just that, a bunch if suggestions. Bioware doesn't owe anyone a response nor should they be required to do so.

Exactly. People think BioWare owes them something. Everybody be walking around with this since of self entitlement. "Since I pay $15/month they have to listen to me!"

Wasn't everything in this coming 2.1 update suggested at one time. Yeah, no one suggested that it all cost Cartel Coins only, but we are getting it.

Exactly, about 2-3 years after these suggestions started they are being implemented. Frankly, nearly everything that's been done was a major trend in suggestions pre-launch. It takes time and resources to build these things.

I agree with the OP. Its frustrating making suggestions without the slightest indication that they are even being read. A once a week sticky or something else would be nice.

It would assuage you, you know. You'd just be frustrated that your suggestion isn't coming soon enough or that someone else's idea goes ahead of yours.

Either way, you're unhappy.

Publically acknowledging suggestions is legally dangerous, because later on the person can claim that BioWare profited from his/her idea and they deserve a cut of the action.

I think this kind of suggestion belongs to the suggestion forum....

...Sorry :)

Quoted for relevance. :)

The suggestion forum that Bioware doesn't read?

Looks we've divided by zero

Because you are looking over their shoulders in the offices in Austin and know for a fact they don't read suggestions in the suggestion forum? Yeah right.

Your only piece of "circumstantial evidence" presented is the lack of gold responses in the suggestion forum. :rolleyes: Weak sauce DW...in fact... it's diet weak sauce IMO.

But... let me say this... I give you credit for a suggestion post rather then a complaint post. :) Progress!

Publically acknowledging suggestions is legally dangerous, because later on the person can claim that BioWare profited from his/her idea and they deserve a cut of the action.

There is actual truth in this statement. I don't know if that is why they rarely ever respond to suggestion threads here in this forum... but you can bet there are people who spam MMO suggestion forums and then wait and try to pounce for compensation if a developer implements said suggestion. They have no legal standing, but they do create unneeded interference.

Edited by Andryah

There is actual truth in this statement. I don't know if that is why they rarely ever respond to suggestion threads here in this forum... but you can bet there are people who spam MMO suggestion forums and then wait and try to pounce for compensation if a developer implements said suggestion. They have no legal standing, but they do create unneeded interference.

Blizzard actually commented on this before. They will never, ever directly implement anything that a specific player suggests because of the legal implications. Now of course people will say "developers implement player ideas all the time". Well, no, not really.

The developer usually implements the general idea which itself cannot be claimed, patented, copyrighted, etc.

The suggestions forum is just a place to put a suggestions. It's not a place where people get, or deserve, individual responses.

Suggestions are just that suggestions, and because they are only suggestions its not like they will be implemented

People tend to post things with the belief that it will be added regardless the next update then get annoyed when its not

Edited by Darka

Blizzard actually commented on this before. They will never, ever directly implement anything that a specific player suggests because of the legal implications. Now of course people will say "developers implement player ideas all the time." Well, no, not really.

The developer usually implements the general idea which itself cannot be claimed, patented, copyrighted, etc.

The suggestions forum is just a place to put a suggestions. It's not a place where people get, or deserve, individual responses.

To use the forums, don't we have to agree that they basically own everything we write?

That's completely and utterly false.

Dude, a guy once tried to sue somebody for ganking him on a PVP server, citing "emotional terrorism".

People will sue anyone for any reason and in their delusional little fantasy world, they will expect to win.

This is not that far fetched.

Dude, a guy once tried to sue somebody for ganking him on a PVP server, citing "emotional terrorism".

People will sue anyone for any reason and in their delusional little fantasy world, they will expect to win.

This is not that far fetched.

Anyone who can afford a filing fee can sue. I could walk down to the courthouse right now and file a suit against you for that post, which would be basically the same thing as someone suing over a suggestion, with about the same results.

Anyone who can afford a filing fee can sue. I could walk down to the courthouse right now and file a suit against you for that post, which would be basically the same thing as someone suing over a suggestion, with about the same results.

Exactly.

You know that.

I know that.

Anyone with a rational mind knows that.

But the idiot who actually does this?

NOPE!

Exactly. You know that. I know that. Anyone with a rational mind knows that. But the idiot who actually does this? NOPE!

We don't want the filing clerk to have the authority to reject lawsuits based on his or her opinion regarding the frivolousness of a lawsuit. Nor do we want legislatures drawing up huge lists of things people can't sue for. The alternative is what we have now and occasionally frivolous lawsuits will be filed.