Dmg / Dmg text and timing

YaiiE

Hello everyone!

Vicious slash... The instant I cast the attack the player takes damage but the damage text and the contact to the player have yet to occur. As the animation is completed the slash hits the target and the dmg text appears. Ideally the slash/dmg/dmg text would all occur together when the blade makes contact. This is especially prevalent when a baddie has one hit left. You'll cast your slash, his health will disappear ("dead") but he'll stand lifeless until the saber actually connects.

Lastly Vicious Throw. This is quite possible my favorite move in the game! In this case the dmg and dmg text are synced together BUT damage (and text) don't seem to occur until the saber is on it's way back to your hand.

Edited by YaiiE

Nah, yer not nuts. These become worse sometimes with lag. Speaking of sorcs, the revamp to overload is the most grotesque example of this. It's all about the game servers trying to compute/equalize animations with gcd's. Back to vicious throw, it depends on the distance. Example your target is in range when you execute, but speeds away. If the sabre left your hand the same time they went out of range, this can bug out. Sometimes the lightsabre will stay rolling around the target's head and won't come back lol. Other times your jug will be running around a warzone twirling a baton lol.

perhaps your right. i swear though when i use viscious throw i'll have the saber back in my hand before it registers damage / damage text (at close, close range.) but it's not always the case.

when i use my sorc (say a baddies has a tiny bit of health) i'll cast force lightning real quick and as soon as i hit the cast button the lightning hits my target and he's insta dead.

with V.T. it feels like 1/4 of a second or so... or sometimes until the saber is back into my hand before the baddies take that hit of damage and dies.