Battle of Makeb: World RPvP Event hosted by <Esoteric Order>.

SawneyRath

Hello Jung Ma! It has been a while since EO has hosted a world PvP event. My apologies for those who enjoyed our Hoth battles. Real Life and all... You know haha.

Anyway, we're back and we're hosting a new battle on Makeb! This time, we're trying to keep it simple, seeing as it is our first event in a long time. Here are the details:

World PvP Event: Battle of Makeb.

DATE: May 10th 2013

TIME: 8PM EST (Targeted to last for 1 hour 30 minutes, but may go further).

Location: Makeb: Abandoned Drill Site: Abandoned Mining Mesa (Cat Walks, with the Daily to kill 20 Wildlife).

IMPERIAL MED POINT: -2625, 1500

REPUBLIC MED POINT: -2296, 75

Objective: Be the prevalent force on the Cat Walks to secure them from the enemy.

Rules: NONE (Keeping it simple, both factions have a medical respawn point in the area at roughly equal distances.)

This is a Republic vs Empire free for all. The only objective is to have the biggest force on the Mesa for 1 hour and 30 minutes. If it is hard to tell who is the bigger force, than the battle will continue until one side finally quits.

Now, I know not everyone enjoys RPvP, so it isn't required, however it is HIGHLY encouraged.

Keep in mind, I haven't organized an event like this in a few months. If there is anything here that someone sees may be an issue please post it and we will try to work around the problem! I'll also take any ideas, after all, this is a SERVER event. Its here for Jung Ma to enjoy!

Edited by SawneyRath

I will pass on the word to our guild and other imps. Hopefully we'll be able to organize a big group to join in the fun. Sounds like a good time, thanks for setting it up!

Ah Sharding! A Large Scale event's worst nightmare.

The only thing I can think of with Sharding is, pray it doesn't happen.

Perhaps though if it does, the majority of the participants can/will move to the least populated Shard? For instance, Makeb(4) (If it were that full.).

Other than that I see nothing I can really do. Hopefully we'll be alright though. If anyone has a way around it, please let me know lol.

I have a suggestion in the case of Sharding...I propose that if, indeed it does span across multiple instances, that we keep a score, for instance on Makeb (1) the Imps held the catwalks for the duration, thus earning a point, but on Makeb (2) the Pubs held it, earning them a point...this could be won by a set number of points, or, whoever has the bigger force by tallying up the points from the multiple instances.

Cullent <Clan Epsis>

Edited by TheFallenSniper

I have a suggestion in the case of Sharding...I propose that if, indeed it does span across multiple instances, that we keep a score, for instance on Makeb (1) the Imps held the catwalks for the duration, thus earning a point, but on Makeb (2) the Pubs held it, earning them a point...this could be won by a set number of points, or, whoever has the bigger force by tallying up the points from the multiple instances.

Cullent <Clan Epsis>

That is a good idea. However, I wouldn't want one side to feel like their Shard didn't have enough people.

On Hoth, we never had the issue of Sharding and we had some pretty big scaled battles, so I don't think it will be a big issue, but if it does get down to it, I think we can utilize that in combination with people switching Shards to possibly even out the numbers.

Looks like a lot of fun! Count on some Knights of Sokan being there, I'll put it up on the guild calendar and try and spread the word on pub side.

I feel like sharding is going to be more of an issue on Makeb than it has been Hoth - every time I'm on the planet it seems like guildies are spread out across 4, sometimes even 5 shards with only 50 or so people on each. Just adding to the choir. Sniper's solution seems like it would be an alright plan if we treat it more as a brawl and not so much as "win/lose" thing, keeping people from caring *too* much about numbers.

Looks like a lot of fun! Count on some Knights of Sokan being there, I'll put it up on the guild calendar and try and spread the word on pub side.

I feel like sharding is going to be more of an issue on Makeb than it has been Hoth - every time I'm on the planet it seems like guildies are spread out across 4, sometimes even 5 shards with only 50 or so people on each. Just adding to the choir. Sniper's solution seems like it would be an alright plan if we treat it more as a brawl and not so much as "win/lose" thing, keeping people from caring *too* much about numbers.

That is basically the idea. It isn't so much about who wins. Its more about getting out into the world and PvPing outside of a Warzone. The Objective is there for RP purposes mainly. To allow Guilds (Such as my own) to have some sort of hook to base an RP off of. :i_tongue:

The Empire managed to hold off the Republic for the hour and 30 minute timer, but after that the Republic really started to advance. Both sides fought viciously and the knockbacks were incredibly fun!

Good job to both sides! I hope everyone enjoyed this round of World PvP. EO will be back again soon with another World PvP event... I'm thinking Nar Shadaa next time... Who knows!