The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mods swapping machine

SathTOR

I'd really consider buying armor sets from the cartel market if it wouldn't be so extremely costly moving all the parts from A to B and it's quite a lot of work either. Over the last year i have spent a whole lot of money swapping mods etc. This money sink is absolutely unnecessary. I am no salesman or something and all my income is from HM FPs and such. So our crafting station could have a second option where we can insert all parts from the old set and on the other side the new empty armor. One click and the old one is empty and the new one filled. I am fine with a flat rate of 10k or so.

I wouldn't mind the exchange to become easier, but what brought you to the assumption, that this money sink were absolutely unnecessary ?

Money sinks in total are absolutely vital to a MMO.

Edited by JPryde

It's just a matter of convenience. 8k per item* 3 (armoring/mod/enh.) * 8 parts * 6 toons = 1.152.000 million.

Well, Bioware 's goal is to make money with the cartel market. Not happening with me currently. Just saying.

It's just a matter of convenience. 8k per item* 3 (armoring/mod/enh.) * 8 parts * 6 toons = 1.152.000 million.

Well, Bioware 's goal is to make money with the cartel market. Not happening with me currently. Just saying.

1.2 milion is about 10 mk-9 kits, when 2.0 hit this money could be done in 4 hours including production time.

you really change your looks so many times? you can preview item first.

aaand you forgot augments, so it would be 8 items *4 mods * 8 parts (because I don't like that handle on lightstick and belts don't match my shoes on all of my 6 chars) that would make it 1.536.000 credits (not milions). plus mk-9 kits (that will cost a lot - 7.488.000 total counting mk-9 for 120k each, but then again, if for augmenting whole stuff you could spend 18.000.000 just on augments, 1,5 mil is nothing special), still, not that much for customization freaks. some people pay more for single item that is hard to get (not even pretty imo).

now I feel like a freak, as my sniper uses same sniper rifle since level 11 all way up to L 55... it costed me 7k off gtn...

Edited by Atramar

I FULLY AGREE!!! this was a thread I started a few weeks ago.... I also will NOT bother to buy armor from the CM, its too expensive to change all the mods out.

LINK:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=628360&highlight=credit+sink

I wouldn't mind the exchange to become easier, but what brought you to the assumption, that this money sink were absolutely unnecessary ?

Money sinks in total are absolutely vital to a MMO.

They may be needed, when I created my post, I suggested they maybe bind the mods to the body, not the armor... This way, the sink is still in place so if you pull before replacing it, you still get charged as you would pulling from armor... however, it should not cost 28k to change your shirt... just sayin'

This also greatly affects how many people will NOT buy extra armors to change into, because of the "location" of the sink, not the fact there is a sink. The idea of mod pulling with a cost came out well before they created the CM, but this no longer makes sense with the CM up...

They have lowered the price of pulling mods, but still, if they want to make the most money on the CM, removing this one credit sink would go a long way.... I would have several armors, not just one per toon. AGAIN, I am not saying there should not be a sink, just not charge people for a shirt change....

Edited by Themanthatisi

This money sink drives me crazy.....

I mean, WHO AM I PAYING?!?! I'm doing it myself, out in the world, with my own hands. Why do credits just vanish from my pocket? Fuel costs? Sure, makes sense. Adding an augment slot at a station, sure..a fee to use the machine and add a slot.

But why oh why does money vanish from my pockets while I'm standing there, alone in a quiet place, moving my patches around. If I had to buy thread to do it cause I'm sewing them in, ok....but I don't! The credits just VANISH!

I'm sure it bothers me a little more just because I'm one of those people that changes their looks all the time, but it still does not make sense. Credits just disappear. lol

Must be ninjas..........or just credit sinks for the sake of credit sinks

This money sink drives me crazy.....

I mean, WHO AM I PAYING?!?! I'm doing it myself, out in the world, with my own hands. Why do credits just vanish from my pocket? Fuel costs? Sure, makes sense. Adding an augment slot at a station, sure..a fee to use the machine and add a slot.

But why oh why does money vanish from my pockets while I'm standing there, alone in a quiet place, moving my patches around. If I had to buy thread to do it cause I'm sewing them in, ok....but I don't! The credits just VANISH!

I'm sure it bothers me a little more just because I'm one of those people that changes their looks all the time, but it still does not make sense. Credits just disappear. lol

Must be ninjas..........or just credit sinks for the sake of credit sinks

Taxes, goverment, T&A licenses.

long long time ago, in ancient universe, you could only swap mods on modding stations, but that wasn't to convienient so they changed it to right click.

Taxes, goverment, T&A licenses.

long long time ago, in ancient universe, you could only swap mods on modding stations, but that wasn't to convienient so they changed it to right click.

I don't remember them ever being required, unless that was in Beta. Since early release I've been able to do it without them.

Even taxes.....I have to pay them TO someone, during a transaction with someone else, or taken off my income, or sent in to cover under payment.

I'm just saying....it's a blatant credit sink for the sake of adding in a credit sink and it sucks for vain people like me :)

I don't like the idea of a station for many reasons:

1. Station implies you have to go somewhere, I like the current system of swapping wherever (infact I really wish I add augment slots anywhere).

2. This station seems to imply an all or nothing swap, that would be useful sometimes, but not often. Most of my mod swapping is for BiS rather than swapping all mods.

What I would really like to see if them to take away the credit cost of mod swapping and to add the ability to add augment kit anywhere. But for the most part the current system is fine.

I don't like the idea of a station for many reasons:

1. Station implies you have to go somewhere, I like the current system of swapping wherever (infact I really wish I add augment slots anywhere).

2. This station seems to imply an all or nothing swap, that would be useful sometimes, but not often. Most of my mod swapping is for BiS rather than swapping all mods.

What I would really like to see if them to take away the credit cost of mod swapping and to add the ability to add augment kit anywhere. But for the most part the current system is fine.

What would be nice is a legacy workstation for our ships.... We have GTN, repair droid, why no workstation? Maybe it will come with ver 2.1

I'd really consider buying armor sets from the cartel market if it wouldn't be so extremely costly moving all the parts from A to B and it's quite a lot of work either.

They are cleaning up on the Cartel Market so I don't think this issue is slowing down sales at all. I don't think they expect that people will be changing the entire armor set for the same character 5-6 times with every new armor set that comes out. While the sets don't have class restrictions, they are obviously designed with particular classes in mind or they are the armor sets for the classes from the character creation screen. Can't imagine that many people are going to want Jedi armor on a character and then want to switch that character to a complete set of Trooper looking gear and then switch him to a complete set of Sith looking armor and then completely change him to a Smuggler outfit.

...wow

credits in this game are the easiest to come by in ANY mmo out there (unless you're buying from gold farmers.)

the cost is menial....and it's a HUUUUGE decrease from what it used to be.

The money sink is needed. Fact. No one is forcing you to change mods so often that it's a problem.

and your examples are ridiculous...why would you HAVE to buy new outfits for ALL your characters EVERY TIME a new pack comes out??

Listen to yourself....it's ridiculous.

Why should BioWare remove the cost (or even reduce it further) for someone in a vast vast vaaaaast minority that takes it to the extreme?

that's right..they shouldn't...there is NOTHING wrong with the current prices...fact.