The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tattoo Options

I don't know if it has been suggested before or not so I am making this here. While talking to guild mates the topic of Body Tattoos for characters came up and we was debating on how they could be added into the game. We came up with several ideas one being an extra option in the character creator to add your choice of tattoo types to your characters body such as; Military tats, criminal, Species related tribal styles, artful styles, and all ranging from One tattoos, two tattoos, Half Sleeves, Full Sleeves, and Full body. I also suggested a possible way to do this is making new versions of the "Covert Energy Armor" that features tattoo patterns on them so you appear to have tattoos while wearing this armor. I think both of these could be well received additions to the Cartel Market/ Market Packs or Future updates to the Up coming Appearance Changing Kiosk.

That is a great idea, I would love to have them in character creation, and give options to parts of the body and style. That would make all the new armors show the tattoo in part or whole. But if it only starts with the cartel market covert armor, that works ok for Males, but females will have to look like they are in bras. Maybe for other covert armor, such as bracers and gloves, or boots, and leggings, they can all have tattoo options.

It is a great idea, and I fully support an option for tattoos for all races and classes

RP first

May I add? For things like the cultural-specific tattoos, such as the Mirialan, a little in-game interface with pre-set areas on the face (the t-zone, cheeks etc.) and an assortment of geometric shapes to create your own design (because, to Mirialan at least, tattoos are representative of achievements and are more likely to be unique and added to). Of course size and location would be restrictive factors and I'm sure Bioware could come up with a collection in such a manner that drawing a giant ***** on your character's face isn't worth the hassle.

/signed.

I'm for any additional customization options.

I've also found it odd that my zabrak had no option for full body tattoos.

So I'd love to have the option to have their current tattoo cover their full body.

May I add? For things like the cultural-specific tattoos, such as the Mirialan, a little in-game interface with pre-set areas on the face (the t-zone, cheeks etc.) and an assortment of geometric shapes to create your own design (because, to Mirialan at least, tattoos are representative of achievements and are more likely to be unique and added to). Of course size and location would be restrictive factors and I'm sure Bioware could come up with a collection in such a manner that drawing a giant ***** on your character's face isn't worth the hassle.

Yeah, Mirialans have been shown as also having some tattoo designs on their hands (Barriss Offee does, for example). Some other species, such as Togruta (if they ever get to be playable) also have or might have designs on their hands too. Also, would like to see more styles added for the Mirialans.

More options for any would be nice, too.

I went with Mirialan because their tattoos are supposed to be unique and/or representative of their achievements in their culture (I'm rather divided on that, though, it makes sense for Mirialan who have grown up on Miral, or within a firm Mirialan cultural group, but displaced or enslaved Mirialan are more likely (in my mid) to have a different interpretation of the purpose of the tattoos), as I don't know much about Zabraks, our other tattoo species, or how Twi'leks tattoo themselves versus their natural markings (minus the eyebrows, of course.)

But, Zabrak tattoos are the other obvious thing to include and human tattoos, which are limited only to male characters. But then I also think we should throw out the species restriction on cybernetics as well.

But then I also think we should throw out the species restriction on cybernetics as well.

I really don't see this happening, because then they'd have to redesing the whole cyborg species and I guess that would be a lot of trouble...I'd love to see this, though.

Tattoos would be easier, since there aren't a species called "tattooed human" (if there was, that would be an interesting one! :p). Those should be given to all classes at least, and preferrably to alien races too. My miraluka wants a tattoo. 8(

I really don't see this happening, because then they'd have to redesing the whole cyborg species and I guess that would be a lot of trouble...I'd love to see this, though.

In the future *waves hands* I imagine there would be another expansion in the future (or an actual expansion, for those who don't recognise Makeb), in which dissolving the Cyborgs as a species option and allowing cybernetics for all species would be an option.

But, considering how long it takes Bioware to get stuff out, Ten and Rose will likely be meeting "the last true human".

• 8 months later...

I'd really like to see body customisations added, mostly body tattoos for the Zabrak's, Its kind of there thing, and they can't have them.

But I'd also like to see a few other similar things, like body hair for human males and body cybernetics for Cyborgs (something to make them look more cyborgy than just humans with headgear)

If you look at a Sith Pureblood they get the sith ridges on there bodies, and Cathar get fur on there bodies... so I don't see why Zabrak's don't have full body tattoos.