The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will the new Cathar face skin also have a tail?

DarthWoad

>face skin

>tail

>cat heads

>tail

all of my wat

you want Cathar with tails in their face? on their heads?

your formulations really go streaking here! :p

a tail on the end of their spine...above their backside

Nope, it's too hard for them to do, and BW thinks that the only ppl playing their game are kotor fans (hence only making the Juhani sub species)

Excuse me? Sylvar > Juhani, and I am pretty sure Sylvar lived a good 50 years before KotOR1.

BW knows their players are Star Wars fans and not just KotOR fans. Their reason for not including the tail likely had more to do with technical restrictions with current armors and clipping rather than catering to KotOR fans.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Do you have any research that says that Cathar have tails? None of the Cathar I've seen ever have.

Some have been depicted with tails but it is not common.

Sylvar is considered a "mainline" Cathar from the planet Cathar and she is never seen with a tail in the Tales of the Jedi series. Their tails are usually really short anyway, short enough to fit under standard bipedal/human armor.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Some have been depicted with tails but it is not common. Sylvar is considered a "mainline" Cathar and she is never seen with a tail in the Tales of the Jedi series.

I've been doing some looking in spare moments, but have yet to find any official evidence that they are supposed to have tails. Most notably, none of the Bioware appearances use them, and none of the Tales of the Jedi scans I've seen use them. There's zero mention in Wookieepedia.

Is there some source for the OPs question, or is it simply based on "Other cat-people have tails, will the Cathar?" If so, that's fine, but considering there are Cathar NPCs in game and they clearly have no tails, the question does appear to be a bit odd. I was wondering if there was something I'd missed that suggested they did have tails.

but considering there are Cathar NPCs in game and they clearly have no tails, the question does appear to be a bit odd. I was wondering if there was something I'd missed that suggested they did have tails.

you missed nothing. the OP has a problem with the cathar being added and is, well.... i dunno what he's doing to be honest. if i had to guess, it would be....he's trying to be subtle about complaining again. check his post history.

you missed nothing. the OP has a problem with the cathar being added and is, well.... i dunno what he's doing to be honest. if i had to guess, it would be....he's trying to be subtle about complaining again. check his post history.

I'm familiar with his post history but I'm unwilling to pre-judge every single comment he makes by that. Even people with histories of trolling may occasionally ask an honest question. I guess its my fault for repeatedly giving people the benefit of the doubt.

If he never returns to explain, I guess I'll accept that you were correct. It would be nice to have someone validate my optimism.... once in a while.

Hehe... and so it begins..... "tail wars" in teh forum. :p

On a more serious note... I don't recall seeing tails on Cathar in game, ever. If you think about it from a practical point of view... it's got more issues then Twi'lek heads in terms of clipping, interference, etc.

More important question though.... will there be cat boxes in game when Cathar goes live? :p

On a more serious note... I don't recall seeing tails on Cathar in game, ever. If you think about it from a practical point of view... it's got more issues then Twi'lek heads in terms of clipping, interference, etc.

More important question though.... will there be cat boxes in game when Cathar goes live? :p

Yep. All Cathar characters will be required to change the litter in the catbox placed on their ship at *least* once a month.

And litter will be a rare drop from a CM Pack, or purchaseable for 100CCs. 200 if you want the odor-free crystals.

:rak_03:

I'm familiar with his post history but I'm unwilling to pre-judge every single comment he makes by that. Even people with histories of trolling may occasionally ask an honest question. I guess its my fault for repeatedly giving people the benefit of the doubt.

If he never returns to explain, I guess I'll accept that you were correct. It would be nice to have someone validate my optimism.... once in a while.

That guy is just upset because of my sig.

Also it is a genuine question I asked..cat heads so why not cat tail?

Actually if you thinking about it from a practical point, animals that have tails are almost all animals that walk on 4 legs and use their tails to balance. Tail's make no sense in humanoids, hence why humans lost them somewhere between monkey and man.