Thermal Regulators

OpeningToEndgame

Is Slicing broken? I play quite frequently when I am not working. I only net 1-4 TR's ever 3 days. This can't be normal. Is there a trick, a bug? Something I am missing? I have BC and BA, but keep slicing to pick up free cash while questing. I had a theory that because I don't have CT and TH that it messes up the Slicing quests.

Just bad luck, I had the same issue for some time. I ended up buying most of the augments for my sniper (also running BC/BA/Slicing), and since then have gotten 30 regulators from various missions. Only the missions Unsliceable and Watching the Watchdogs have given me them from what I can remember (I have yet to get a discoverable slicing 450 mission, so I can't test that).

Is Slicing broken? I play quite frequently when I am not working. I only net 1-4 TR's ever 3 days. This can't be normal. Is there a trick, a bug? Something I am missing? I have BC and BA, but keep slicing to pick up free cash while questing. I had a theory that because I don't have CT and TH that it messes up the Slicing quests.

i think it's bad luck i was getting a decent amount of them the last couple days today not 1 crit and i ran about 5-6 sets of slicing missions only bountiful and rich

I had similar problem, then I started running only bountiful and rich missions, last day had 16 regulators.

make sure to have companions maxed out.

that's all i been running and no 1 crit for a whole day probally cause i got like 20-40 or so the last few days

that's all i been running and no 1 crit for a whole day probally cause i got like 20-40 or so the last few days

then I will not be playing lottery with you (joking, i don't do lottery), try doing lockboxes too, hope for slicing mission, or, do rich/bountiful slicing parts, relog, send another crew members for rich and bountiful, relog, etc. I usualy cycle thro my 3 slicing chars before all 5 (each-total 15) are slicing. doing this on your ship will speed up process.

I stopped tracking Thermal Regulators after running 134 of the Rich yield missions. I crit on 19% of them. This is mainly running them on pets with +2 crit on Slicing (T7, Andronikos, SCORPIO) and always with 10k affection. Now I know what they cost me and I don't need to track any more.

I stopped running and tracking the Bountiful mission when the cost of a Thermal Regulator using it broke 20k credits.

I stopped running and tracking the Bountiful mission when the cost of a Thermal Regulator using it broke 20k credits.

wow...20k ? I checked my sheet yesterday and it was a bit lower than 14k I believe. I still run it though. I don't have that many slicers to only rely on the rich mission to get them. Besides, what's the option ? Lockboxes ? Only 1 rich and only 1 bountiful to hope for a mission. And in my case, I haven't gotten a single Slicing discovery mission since last patch. Not one. But the others (from all the other skills) are seriously making a mess of my mail boxes and cargo holds. I'm not running Scavenging/Archeology ones since their returns are garbage, but I might do them regardless if I keep getting them.

wow...20k ? I checked my sheet yesterday and it was a bit lower than 14k I believe. I still run it though. I don't have that many slicers to only rely on the rich mission to get them. Besides, what's the option ? Lockboxes ? Only 1 rich and only 1 bountiful to hope for a mission. And in my case, I haven't gotten a single Slicing discovery mission since last patch. Not one. But the others (from all the other skills) are seriously making a mess of my mail boxes and cargo holds. I'm not running Scavenging/Archeology ones since their returns are garbage, but I might do them regardless if I keep getting them.

All of my characters have at least 2 gathering skills. The only profitable mission for Slicing is the Rich materials one, so that's all I run for Slicing.

I'll use the other pets to run missions in other crew skills or produce things. Scavenging is profitable at over 5x ROI just for selling the raw mats on GTN, even with the mission bugs, at least on my server. I was using Archaeology to feed my Artifice to create MK-9 components but the profit margin on that practice is currently small enough that I don't bother now. I still run it to feed my Synthweaver for the Advanced 28 Augments, but margin is slipping on those so I don't know how much longer I'll do that.