Do the new PvP sets contain the mods/enhancements we need?

Stoofa

So I've collected all of my new Tier 1 PvP gear that will at some point require me to trade it in for Tier 2.

For items such as relics, implants and ear I tend to just wait and immediately buy the second tier - as these don't require a trade-in.

I've been buying the "Force Master" gear - I'm playing a TK Sage.

Looking at the implants, the Force Master ones are loaded with either power & alacrity or critical & surge.

Now gearing for the PvE world I'm not looking for critical or alacrity - I want Accuracy & Surge and of course power.

So in fact using that the Force Mystic implant that offers power/surge is actually the best choice and I really just want 2 of those.

So should "a set" of Force Master gear contain all the stats etc that we should need in PvP or are they just badly assigned and in fact I should be gearing as I am in the PvE world?

Thanks.

All straight forward then - Need to mix in a fair amount of Force Mystic with the Force Master stuff then to be even half-way optimised.

I'm trying to avoid crit and alacrity as best I can - Just want the power surge and accuracy - although not seeing that much accuracy on the sets either.

the default stats on PvP armor sets are usually terrible optimized.

for PvP you want power and surge, maybe a dash of crit and acc. stay away from alacrity for PvP

I assume you're talking about dps. the mitigation stats are much more valuable in 2.0 than in the past (defense, shield, absorb), and alacrity both shortens cast times and increases resource regen, so it's very good for all heal classes, and it should (theoretically) be good for turret/caster dps.

I haven't seen any solid number arguments about alacrity on instant abils in order to lower the gcd, but I'm curious about what it would do to a combat sent combined with blade rush and xen.

I assume you're talking about dps. the mitigation stats are much more valuable in 2.0 than in the past (defense, shield, absorb), and alacrity both shortens cast times and increases resource regen, so it's very good for all heal classes, and it should (theoretically) be good for turret/caster dps.

I haven't seen any solid number arguments about alacrity on instant abils in order to lower the gcd, but I'm curious about what it would do to a combat sent combined with blade rush and xen.

ye i was talking about dps. tanks stats got a huge buff in 2.0

sent/mara is the only class that alacrity *might* be worth stacking alacrity on, b/c you could have ~.7s GCD with w/e buff lowers the GCD.

you lose out on some surge tho by doing that. i dont play mara so i dont really know what the effects are, youd have to find someone that has tried it

I find the stats are okay if I mix and match from different sets, but otherwise, there's a bit too much accuracy and crit rating. Also, all the armor comes with the 24 power mods, instead of the higher (36?) power mods. Only the belt and bracers got those.

Which means I'll likely have to buy several mods to replace those. Thankfully, they finally let us just purchase mods and enhancements directly, so tweaking the gear isn't nearly as painful as it used to be.