Accuracy for PvP?

Narthil

Due to the Accuracy changes, I'm wondering if it's really needed for PvP beyond 100%?

I know it's a must for PvE. But is it really neccessary for PvP?

I don't know about 'necessary', but it is certainly helpful, especially as a tanking class.

While much of tanking involves survivability, here in SWTOR, it also involves being something of a saboteur; that is, a front-line debuffer (obviously, DPS characters are the ones who focus on really killing enemies, while Healers in turn keep you and those DPS characters alive.)

However, many afflictions can be 'blocked' with adequately high defense. The answer is to invest in Accuracy to be more certain that your debuffs will bind, thus giving you and your teammates an advantage against that foe.

you dont need accuracy above +5% for PvP really.

all attacks have 100% base accuracy except for your level 1 resource free attack. 5% is enough to negate base defense chance of most players.

you need 3-4 gear slots w/ accuracy to get 5% now. if you can take +acc talents in skill trees, do that so you can allocate your gear stats to surge

you dont need accuracy above +5% for PvP really.

all attacks have 100% base accuracy except for your level 1 resource free attack. 5% is enough to negate base defense chance of most players.

you need 3-4 gear slots w/ accuracy to get 5% now. if you can take +acc talents in skill trees, do that so you can allocate your gear stats to surge

Do melee users such as carnage maruders and vengeance juggernauts want more than 95% or is 95 fine for them too?

Do melee users such as carnage maruders and vengeance juggernauts want more than 95% or is 95 fine for them too?

i do not play a mara or jugg at any level, so i cant give you a definite answer to that. i would tentatively say 95% should be fine for those classes as well, but i wouldnt take that to the bank.

my experiences are mostly with merc and sniper.