RUDE Player community

Morganha

I totally agree with the Topic Starter. Just an example from 2 hours ago: I joined a random 55 fp and got told to leave because I was wearing Basic gear, which wasn't pretty enough for me fellow groupmembers.

That's just dumb. If you are in at the very least basic comm gear, or if it's a 50 FP and you at the very least have questing gear, you are good to go in my books. I do not care if you're not super dooper geared, as long as you won't fall over if a strong looks your way, and you know your class to SOME DEGREE, I will tank any FP for you.

In reality, I ENJOY getting worse geared players in 4mans becuase it's one less person I have to fight for threat over while I tank. I would rather have you in your basic gear or in a 50fp in corellia greens than the ops geared marauder smash monkey who charges before I pull.

Also, the guy who is the worst geared can generally stand to benefit the MOST from any drops, and there was a time you were a little nublet in questing gear too, so having a little humility and realizing that people need to gear up is pretty much common sense.

When I tank, and I get someone telling someone undergeared to leave, I shall inspect them, and if they have anything close to the minimum gear you should need for the FP, I shall tell the person whining that they're being sort of elitist, and can leave if they wish.

I've also found that whispering the undergeared but decent ones and giving them a few instant queues with me tanking yields a very happy, better geared person in a very short time. That person may in turn eventually help you out on an alt or something later down the line.

I remember back when I started playing tor, and before that in wow, when I hit level cap in my blues, I was absolutely TERRIFIED of doing heroics because I thought I'd mess up, or would be kicked because of my gear. It took a couple very thoughtful people all of 5 minutes to explain that you need to do the FP's to get the gear before you can use it, and the majority of the pug community is actually not as bad as that one group that makes you hate group finder.

Edited by CyberTronX

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love doing FPs for the first time and saying "This is my first time in this FP id like to see the cut-scenes" and getting an instant boot :jawa_frown:

:D I watch youtube on a second monitor or browse the web during cut scenes unless everyone wishes to spacebar. I space the first convo, and if I see someone isn't, I don't bother to either. Personally I think people have a right to see the content they wanna see, and the guy pushing everyone into skipping stuff by going "SPACE" at every convo can sort of ruin it for newer players.

I also find it funny that the people yelling "SPACE" are mainly the ops geared marauders and to a lesser extent all dps.

Man if we had ways of queuing with specific people cross server (cough realid cough), I'd have loads of fun with people who wanna see things and do all the bonuses :D

Edited by CyberTronX

Red Eclipse Republic side, I think we have like 5 huge russian guilds... I dont have anything against russians, but them thinking they have the right to take over the server and exclude all other people with talking in russian all the time is just annoying as hell. I thought of switching server because of that so often now...

Come over to the ebon hawk man. The connection isn't as bad as you might think, with all that distance. I'm located in Germany and average 90-100ms ping. But the ebon hawk is a friendly server and everyone speaks English ;)

Edited by tgokovenant

Red Eclipse Republic side, I think we have like 5 huge russian guilds... I dont have anything against russians, but them thinking they have the right to take over the server and exclude all other people with talking in russian all the time is just annoying as hell. I thought of switching server because of that so often now...

You're pretty badly exaggerating. There are a lot of Russian guilds in Red Eclipse, and a few snobs here and there, but the chats are not full of Russian language or anything like that. But I do have to agree that the russian people sometimes don't speak any english at all, which can be very annoying in group content.

I haven't seen any Russian chat on Red Eclipse for over a week. There is quite a bit of foreign language clan recruitment going on, but not full-blown chatting in General. The only time I really notice the Russians is when someone in General Chat is screaming "Stop talking in Russian!!!" and "Get your own *********** server!" for ages.

Come over to the ebon hawk man. The connection isn't as bad as you might think, with all that distance. I'm located in Germany and average 90-100ms ping. But the ebon hawk is a friendly server and everyone speaks English ;)

I might just do that, I'am german aswell :)

As to WHY people are rude in such public places like Fleet or DK/Courscant, I refer you John Gabriel's Greater Internet Frak-wad Theory. In short, normal person (as in everyone, including the OP and his own brand of rudeness) plus anonymity (on the internet, nobody knows you are a dog) plus and audience (what better audience than a hundred gamers grinding through quests) equals...

...Total Frak-wad.

Those of us who adhere to Wheaton's Law (in brief, "Don't be a tool."), will usually provide helpful advice either in whispers or posts here in the forums. I believe the exhaustion that leads to the degradation of communication that is useful and relevant stems from the problem that people incessantly ask for question that are either easily found in game (not the Codex. I have been playing since Beta, and I STILL have issues tracking the Codex) or here in the forums with a simple search. More often than not the rude and snappy answers come when a person asks a question easily answered in Google.

Edited by mrnnj

Lol I have to admit I'm guilty but some of the questions that go in there are just lazy so sometimes backsash.

"How do i whisper?"

...uh speak quietly

The community is quite sarcy and rude especially on Drommund Kaas but I can't say I don't giggle at some of the responses. One that had me poorless was:

"Anyone for Personal challenge?"

No. It's a personal challenge so no help for you

:)

Man, i have a solution for you. It changed my gaming experience from worst to the best. Just turn off general chat on the main tab and create a tab "Gen Chat" with gen chat on. Avoid this tab like hell. And never, ever, ever ever look at this tab when you are on the fleet.

When you need some info, google it and avoid as best as you can asking on gen chat. Dulfy.net is a very good resource for information too. The forums too.

Today i don't even have any tab with gen chat on. If I need any info i google it. If i need ppl for group i type in gen chat but with it turned off. So i dont read what i type neither what they type, just if they whisper me (i tell on the message to PST if interested).Or rarely when it is extremely needed i ask them, then i turn gen chat off or change the tab imediately after the response.

Don't engage gen chat without real need ever. Find a guild and interact with them. Yeah i sound like a paranoid, maybe i am, but what i know is that after i did this my game turned to be 200% more fun and joyful. I love to chat, that's why i always got frustrated with gen chat because of dumb people and immature and disrespectful comments.

I don't like the idea of logging in the game and having random chance of finding trolls, arrogant spoiled teenagers and such when trying to comunicate with others respectfully. So i narrowed down my social interactions to whisper to friends and guild chat. Even if you are alone and don't know anyone on the server it's better than getting angry everytime with stupid ppl who thinks are above others.

TURN OFF gen chat. You won't miss it. You can live with it. My life got better without it. IM saying is as a friend, for your own good and sanity.

Plus: If you are someone with little time to spend on the game it will do good by not wasting your precious time. We lose too much time with pointless discussions and futile chat when we engage the gen chat. Save your precious time.

Edited by denisabc

I have found most are quite helpful on Red Eclipse.

I tend to go out of my way to help people. most of the time i only see people rage when its stuff like "please help me!" or just "Help" as i must admit it annoys the heck out of me when i am playing and i see someone say "please Help Me " In general and you get have to type "With what?" . If you are going to ask for help, please state what with not just "help"

Otherwise I have found most people group wise friendly