Keep Ranked Pvp Fair - Do not abuse the Bolster Bug

Jakev-

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say that I blame people for using this. If I were running ranked right I sure wouldn't be the sucker being pooped on for not using it. Blame bioware if you want to blame anybody, players shouldn't have to restrain themselves and hope others do the same.

How about I just blame both?

I can't say that I blame people for using this. If I were running ranked right I sure wouldn't be the sucker being pooped on for not using it. Blame bioware if you want to blame anybody, players shouldn't have to restrain themselves and hope others do the same.

very poor attitude, and anyone that is using it in rateds must know they come off as garbage to the rest of the pvp community here. Hell, we STILL beat a rated team that had some folks exploiting the other day. Even more shameful..

This is the American way (that's exported to other countries mind you). No need to take responsibility for YOUR ACTIONS while you can always blame someone else.

It's unfortunate that it's happening, but shout out to the teams keeping it clean. Played a few rated games last night against <I AM LEGEND> and <Ubique> and both teams appeared to be entirely clean and put up great matches.

A big reason that people are angry about this is because they don't want to lose simply because the other team has more stats due to an exploit. Elite ranked teams really, REALLY don't want to lose to some scrub team for this reason. So instead of putting your faith in the goodwill of others to not use the bug, I can understand the desire to use it yourself so you don't lose to the baddingtons like the people replying to my post.

Edit: I mostly don't appreciate people calling out HSP, especially ranked groups that have always been the laughing stock of pvp up until recently when these groups got good players simply because of attrition. HSP has been a solid ranked guild for a long time and I for one do not blame them if they want to use the exploit to avoid being beat by bottom-feeding guilds who just got a little talent to trickle down who may use the exploit to beat them.

Edited by Commissar_Omega

A big reason that people are angry about this is because they don't want to lose simply because the other team has more stats due to an exploit. Elite ranked teams really, REALLY don't want to lose to some scrub team for this reason. So instead of putting your faith in the goodwill of others to not use the bug, I can understand the desire to use it yourself so you don't lose to the baddingtons like the people replying to my post.

Edit: I mostly don't appreciate people calling out HSP, especially ranked groups that have always been the laughing stock of pvp up until recently when these groups got good players simply because of attrition. HSP has been a solid ranked guild for a long time and I for one do not blame them if they want to use the exploit to avoid being beat by bottom-feeding guilds who just got a little talent to trickle down who may use the exploit to beat them.

Except the "baddingtons replying to your post" are people advocating not using the exploit in the first place...

I personally, no matter what, will not be using this exploit for however long it remains in the game.

Nobody is arguing that HSP isn't an extremely good ranked team; to the contrary, HSP is a solid team that shouldn't need to resort to exploiting this bug.

Edited by ryuzo

:rolleyes:

funny post. it's the same logic that george bush used to attack other countries. hey look, they might attack us; so, let's attack them first. hey look, that team might use the bolster bug; so, let's use it first. george's logic was a failure and so is yours. but hey, as I said, it's the american way to blame others for your actions.

p.s. your "edit" was hilarious too. I guess when you can't really defend your position with an actual logical argument, you have to resort to insults. looking forward to your reply. i'll be waiting with....

/popcorn

Edited by thefishdude

Except the "baddingtons replying to your post" are people advocating not using the exploit in the first place...

This. People that exploit should be called out regardless of who or what guild it is. There are many teams good and bad that have chosen to keep an even playing field and not exploit. There is no excuse for exploiting in a rated match and to those who stick up for this behavior I say shame on you. Props to the teams that have kept their integrity.

This. People that exploit should be called out regardless of who or what guild it is. There are many teams good and bad that have chosen to keep an even playing field and not exploit. There is no excuse for exploiting in a rated match and to those who stick up for this behavior I say shame on you. Props to the teams that have kept their integrity.

Most definitely.

We got about 6 or 7 ranked matches in tonight and, throughout all of them, didn't come across anything that looked like someone exploiting this, which was nice to see.

Hopefully teams will continue to not exploit this in ranked.

funny post. it's the same logic that george bush used to attack other countries. hey look, they might attack us; so, let's attack them first. hey look, that team might use the bolster bug; so, let's use it first. george's logic was a failure and so is yours. but hey, as I said, it's the american way to blame others for your actions.

p.s. your "edit" was hilarious too. I guess when you can't really defend your position with an actual logical argument, you have to resort to insults. looking forward to your reply. i'll be waiting with....

/popcorn

Now that you've put your name/guild in your sig I can understand how you wouldn't understand what I'm saying. See, your scrub guild has no reputation or respectable ranked pvp record to speak of. Your guild has crawled around on its stomach under the shadow of guilds like Pkers,Casual,HSP, and ORW for a long, long time. I don't expect you to understand that guilds that actually have a winning legacy don't want it tarnished by the very exemplar of a garbage, stomach-crawling pvp guild like yours.

Your political references are childish and inappropriate. I suppose next you will be comparing me to Hitler.

Edit: In before "lulz more ad-hominem attacks". You can't really dismiss what I'm saying here as simply that. The entire point is that, previous to bolster bug, you couldn't say that HSP is bad. That statement would be laughable. My criticisms of your guild, on the other hand, are well founded and many would agree with them. That's is the entire point. People have never had a reason to call HSP bad until now. But there's a flip side to that. People could call HSP bad if they started getting "Victory!" screenshots in ranked warzones against them due to the bolster bug. HSP's status as a respectable ranked team would be very much in dispute in that case as well. This entire scenario has put them in an impossible situation. They chose to continue playing ranked (if it were me, I would avoid playing ranked altogether until bolster is fixed but w/e), but they felt that allowing others to exploit the bolster bug and claim victory over them would be unacceptable. I totally get that. You totally don't, because you're a completely different class of player. That's the entire point.

I'm a cynic. This idealism, this belief that we can expect people not to exploit the bolster bug is laughable to me. The best course of action right now is to simply not participate. If a guild does participate, it is foolish of them to believe that this bug will not be used against them. If it is foolish to believe people will not exploit this bug, it is then foolish to believe you won't get pooped on for not using it.

Edited by Commissar_Omega

New exploits, old story, who cares about a rank in this game, some people always abuse some bug, I stopped caring. xD

it's poor tho...

"oh well gotta do it, my virtual status could suffer from losing"

xD

keep posting tho, it's finally a thread worth popcorn

Now that you've put your name/guild in your sig I can understand how you wouldn't understand what I'm saying. See, your scrub guild has no reputation or respectable ranked pvp record to speak of. Your guild has crawled around on its stomach under the shadow of guilds like Pkers,Casual,HSP, and ORW for a long, long time. I don't expect you to understand that guilds that actually have a winning legacy don't want it tarnished by the very exemplar of a garbage, stomach-crawling pvp guild like yours.

Your political references are childish and inappropriate. I suppose next you will be comparing me to Hitler.

Edit: In before "lulz more ad-hominem attacks". You can't really dismiss what I'm saying here as simply that. The entire point is that, previous to bolster bug, you couldn't say that HSP is bad. That statement would be laughable. My criticisms of your guild, on the other hand, are well founded and many would agree with them. That's is the entire point. People have never had a reason to call HSP bad until now. But there's a flip side to that. People could call HSP bad if they started getting "Victory!" screenshots in ranked warzones against them due to the bolster bug. HSP's status as a respectable ranked team would be very much in dispute in that case as well. This entire scenario has put them in an impossible situation. They chose to continue playing ranked (if it were me, I would avoid playing ranked altogether until bolster is fixed but w/e), but they felt that allowing others to exploit the bolster bug and claim victory over them would be unacceptable. I totally get that. You totally don't, because you're a completely different class of player. That's the entire point.

I'm a cynic. This idealism, this belief that we can expect people not to exploit the bolster bug is laughable to me. The best course of action right now is to simply not participate. If a guild does participate, it is foolish of them to believe that this bug will not be used against them. If it is foolish to believe people will not exploit this bug, it is then foolish to believe you won't get pooped on for not using it.

I do "hope" you're trolling, lol.

Was an entertaining read, i'll give you that. I do believe I AM LEGEND have stepped up their game and calling them out for being bad, i think, is just silly.

It makes you look silly for sure.

The only thing that is being tarnished here is their REP, which i think is more important than a "Winning Legacy" as you put it. I also believe MasterPerseus feels the same way.

"Your political references are childish and inappropriate."

The irony in this^ is over 9000.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here or even "tarnish" your name, but you're doing that all on your own.

/Peace.

Now THIS is the post I was waiting to read, because you're about to blow a gasket or something. The political reference was an analogy to help you better understand how your logic is/was faulty. However, I now see that no amount of counter argument will penetrate that cocoon of ignorance you've wrapped yourself in.

Oh, I especially love the insults towards me and my guild. Those were right in line with my expectations of you. Your argument failed so you have to resort to insults. Here's a link that explains your line of attack if you care to educate yourself: Ad Hominem

Back on subject. No matter how much you insult me or my guild the facts are the same. Several players from HSP were caught exploiting the bolster bug in ranked warzones and you're defending them. NOBODY is calling HSP bad. As a matter of fact, a lot of us are just disappointed, because we had so much respect for the guild and can't understand why they'd resort to exploiting the bolster bug in the first place .

So, let's recap here:

1) You've reiterated the same failed argument in three post, "Other teams might be doing it; so, we should do it first".

2) You've resorted to childish insults of me and my guild, because I called you out for a faulty argument.

3) You've failed to understand that numerous other guilds AREN'T exploiting the bug in RWZ. Contrary to your cynicism.

Good times on the forums. Can't wait to see your next post filled with more insults. Let's be a bit more original next time please.....ppl have paid for their /popcorn and are expecting a show.

Fish

Edited by thefishdude

Clearly your on your own in these views. I won't speak to my guild's reputation because frankly, its reputation is how others see it. I will say though, that Pkers hasn't been around for how long?

The very same guild you call out in your post, Casual, is also advocating that it not be used. Props to you Noshadow :)

who cares if people are bolster bugging... im not doing it myself cus im too lazy and i dont think i need it but i couldnt gaf less if i faced a team where all 8 members bolster bugged to the max. try to overcome it with skill and get better instead of crying like a little *****.