6 smashers per team... again.

CommanderJitis

I though the 2.0 changes in the rage tree would make some smashers stop playing it. And for the first weeks it seemed to be so. I even saw a pair of vengeance juggs. I was very happy that finally there would be some variety in warzones.

Obviously I was wrong. The smashers were just getting the new lolpower + lolsurge gear. Today I've played 3 matches against a 6 smashers team, just like before 2.0 used to be. Of course, most of them hitting 10-11k per smash. And yeah, they won and absolutely dominated the three warzones.

Boring...

It must be PvE servers that have all the keyboard turning bads that complain about Smash.

I don't think I'm seen a single Qq about smash from a legit player of a PvP server yet. Again though, only bads have a hard time with Smash.

^Word

It must be PvE servers that have all the keyboard turning bads that complain about Smash.

I don't think I'm seen a single Qq about smash from a legit player of a PvP server yet. Again though, only bads have a hard time with Smash.

I'm a full time warzone player in the English pvp server. I'm well geared (all conqueror augmented gear, except 5 partisan pieces, which are augmented too), I have a pro gaming mouse, all my spells (34) are mouse binded (included cybertech grenades) and of course, I dont turn around with the keyboard. When I play as dps I'm usually the 1st or 2nd dps of the match, and when I play as healer, I'm usually the 1st or 2nd healer too. I don't play tanks, though.

And I'm not scared at all about a smasher jumping on me. However, I'm really scared about 3 smashers jumping on me and insta vaporizing me from 100% hp to 0 instantaneously, and then doing the same with all my teammates. And that's why I'm really scared about 6 smashers teams.

Anyway, reading your post I'm 99% sure that you play a smasher, so your answer is "normal" for someone like you.

I'm a full time warzone player in the English pvp server. I'm well geared (all conqueror augmented gear, except 5 partisan pieces, which are augmented too), I have a pro gaming mouse, all my spells (34) are mouse binded (included cybertech grenades) and of course, I dont turn around with the keyboard. When I play as dps I'm usually the 1st or 2nd dps of the match, and when I play as healer, I'm usually the 1st or 2nd healer too. I don't play tanks, though.

And I'm not scared at all about a smasher jumping on me. However, I'm really scared about 3 smashers jumping on me and insta vaporizing me from 100% hp to 0 instantaneously, and then doing the same with all my teammates. And that's why I'm really scared about 6 smashers teams.

Anyway, reading your post I'm 99% sure that you play a smasher, so your answer is "normal" for someone like you.

1. I assume that 3 of any class that ganks you will insta vaporize your health from 100 to 0.

2. Only really bad players stand in a group of 5, waiting to get smashed. Are you a really bad player?

3. I have never seen smashes that regularly come in at 11-12k. Full partisan against full partisan, the average smash that I have seen is between 6-7k. It is more like 4-5k with all the armor buffs and so on.

4. Having highest DPS doesn't necessarily mean that you are a good player. I have seen many people tunnel vision DPS and do nothing to actually help the team.

And no, I don't play smash in pvp. I have 5 DPS chars that I use. Only 1 of them is warrior and it is a carnage marauder

Edited by xOxDarkyxOx

4. Having highest DPS doesn't necessarily mean that you are a good player. I have seen many people tunnel vision DPS and do nothing to actually help the team.

I've seen a number of players brag about their high dps, but its usually a result of wailing endlessly on enemy dps and tanks while the enemy healer free casts and keeps them all at full. Players that help the team the most a lot of the time won't have highest dps. They are either defending a node, cycling to various attack points, keeping enemy healers preoccupied, or (and I can't emphasize this enough) paying attention to *** is going on in huttball

3 or 6 of anything that focus fires you is going to kill you. At least with smashers they all have to be right next to you and you can mez them all, taunt them with an aoe taunt and/or aoe them all. From what I have seen however, you're worrying about a hypothetical situation - it's rare that any teams have six jks/warriors and much rarer that all of them are smashers. I haven't seen one team with 6 jks/warriors in months (well over 200 wzs). I'm sure some premades run that but they will lose completely to teams with 6 sins/sorcs (which I have seen a few of).

Still all these people saying that only bad people have trouble with smashers while no one ever gives an example of how to beat them. It is still the highest hitting ability in the game, it's an aoe, it auto-crits giving you the ability to focus more on power then on crit chance. The classes that have them have amazing defenses, a stealth escape, and great mobility. Throw in healing and they would have everything. How is this balanced?

I've seen a number of players brag about their high dps, but its usually a result of wailing endlessly on enemy dps and tanks while the enemy healer free casts and keeps them all at full.

This happens a lot and it gives us good DPSers a bad name. I've seen this in warzones, I have no idea why people do this. It's not a *********** training dummy guys, do me a favor and try to win the match.

I though the 2.0 changes in the rage tree would make some smashers stop playing it. And for the first weeks it seemed to be so. I even saw a pair of vengeance juggs. I was very happy that finally there would be some variety in warzones.

Obviously I was wrong. The smashers were just getting the new lolpower + lolsurge gear. Today I've played 3 matches against a 6 smashers team, just like before 2.0 used to be. Of course, most of them hitting 10-11k per smash. And yeah, they won and absolutely dominated the three warzones.

Boring...

Here is what they did to the Rage tree. They nerfed smash by 30%. They then buffed up all the other damaging abilities in the Rage tree by 15% including smahs. Overall Smash only got a 15% nerf and they increased the rest of the dmg abilities. Bioware doesn't understand that one of the biggiest hitting, auto critical, abilities in a game makes playing pvp none enjoyable to play. I wouldn't care so much if it was single target, or if it didn't have an auto crit mechanic to it. The way it is now though is just miserable.

What idiots like you need to realize is that the problem is not whether or not derpsmash is impossible to deal with, but rather its INCREDIBLY LOW skill cap which means that even the worst players can do well with it.

There is no other spec in the whole game right now that offers baddies to roll smash and proceed to top the charts without putting in any effort. The only people who defend this noob-friendly tree are the smashers themselves. This spec has been a problem since release.

Do you know what kind of effort I must put in as a Watchman Sentinel to top the charts? How about when I switch to Focus? I jut go herp-derp into a mob of enemies and bam, I am pretty much set as the top damage dealer. THAT is the problem. If I put a banana on the keyboard and sit a chimpanzee on my chair, it will pull of the smash rotation without a problem. It has been and still is the FOTM spec. I have played it and it is disgusting how easy to play it is. Either reduce the damage or make it challenging to play.

Metallistic:

dude, ignore that troll. any one claiming that they are better at pvp simply for fact that they go and gank lowbies who are leveling is lowest of trolls and may have problems undesrstanting what you wrote.

ps. I love smashers, they almost never play objectives (as they look for groups of players together to top that dps chart) and it's so easy to win :)

even if smash damage is op, it just means we will have more snipers and deception sins (and mirrors).

lol i love it when pvpers on pvp servers think their gods of pvp over pve based pvpers. seen it in many mmo's and every damn mmo when the chance comes for people to swap pvp to pve servers and vice versa those pvpers get raped over and over except for the times there 20 of you onto 6 pve pvpers ofc lol

i remember facing your godly pvpers in big 48 v 48 world pvp and spending hours and hours comming up with tatics and the most basic tatic worked with the true elite pvper, hit there best pvpers few time sand they run like hell coz of kill death ratio, thank god thats not in this game but neither is proper open world pvp or you godly pvpers may find ya *** handed to you. being the best 1 on 1 pvper dont make you a great pvper and if you think so ya a joke.

What idiots like you need to realize is that the problem is not whether or not derpsmash is impossible to deal with, but rather its INCREDIBLY LOW skill cap which means that even the worst players can do well with it.

There is no other spec in the whole game right now that offers baddies to roll smash and proceed to top the charts without putting in any effort. The only people who defend this noob-friendly tree are the smashers themselves. This spec has been a problem since release.

Do you know what kind of effort I must put in as a Watchman Sentinel to top the charts? How about when I switch to Focus? I jut go herp-derp into a mob of enemies and bam, I am pretty much set as the top damage dealer. THAT is the problem. If I put a banana on the keyboard and sit a chimpanzee on my chair, it will pull of the smash rotation without a problem. It has been and still is the FOTM spec. I have played it and it is disgusting how easy to play it is. Either reduce the damage or make it challenging to play.

Can you please define skill to me? This is a serious question btw because it seems to be the main argument against people who roll smash/sweep spec'd characters.

I think skill is very ambiguous as what oneperson deems "no skill" another player can argue it takes skill to use it well. On my Powertech for insance my rotation is flame burst, flame burst, explos. dart, thermal detonator, railshot, burst, burst, railshot, burst, rocket punch, etc. (you get the picture). Sounds pretty basic to me but it's an effective rotation even if it's spamming only 3-6 abilities. All classes in PvP pretty much spam the same abilities otherwise you're just a walking bag of randomness with no optimization. Very simple and very effective

on my sage it's rotate the ops window through heals, throw a puddle down, bubble up primary melee dps and rotate accordingly. Keep everyone alive and try to monitor/gauge people and keep them above 50% at all times so i don't stress my force lvls keeping them from the brink of death. Like before-- Simple and effective

On my Guardian, I try to burst out people before healers can respond, and jump in the middle of crowds and throw down smashes, which in turn puts pressure on healers to get multiple people up. By smashing a group of people lowering HPs, it allows my teammates to pick out and FF the stragglers while I dispatch/master strike single targets after Smash softens them up. Once gain simple...yet effective

Any person can associate any class with "not requiring skill" and usually the most popular/FotM class is hit with the "lol derp, no skill required keep rolling it" retort. I'm not offended by it in the least but it seems to foster a very scrubby mentality. And for reference when I say scrubby I'm referring to the term mostly associated with the fighting game genre as I'm an avid SSFIV player. I don't want to go on any longer but honestly guys, learn to counter the class that gives you problems. Especially in an MMO

Whenever people complain about smash, or even put condescending titles on the class like "derpsmash" "smash monkey" "smash noob" I just brush it off my shoulders and think of this:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

It hits the nail on the head for a lot of players in this game.

Yet again, only smashers defend the tree.

Skill refers not only to one's ability to master the rotation of his/her class, but to be flexible in its application according to the circumstances. This includes excellent awareness of the surrounding and acquiring knowledge that helps dealing with other classes as well as carrying out objectives. Different builds/specs are harder to play than others, simple as that. Having to deal with multiple factors to pull off a successful DPS rotation adds complexity. Guess what does the opposite mean? Are you seriously going to argue that the simplest rotation in (IF we can call it a rotation at all) the game requires the same amount of effort ?

Not to mention that you dodge my point completely. It is not whether smash spec requires skill at all, but rather its low SKILL CAP/learning curve however you want to call it. Having to deal with less variables at a given time is far more forgiving and noob-friendly. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Listen, you may type a post as long as the Bible, does not change the fact that Smash puts out the same damage with ONE ability as some classes put out with their whole rotations. This is usually followed by a force scream which hits ridiculously hard as well.

And my post does not refer to skill only, but effort put in as well, which answers your question. You talk about rotations in your post.... For the smash spec, there is basically NO rotation. Making pretentious statements, providing links to irrelevant articles and labeling black to be white simply does not work.

Edited by Metallistic

@Metallistic:

don't generalize. I don't do smasher (ofc I had one, wanted to learn pros and cons to counter so leveled and pvped with derp smash for a while) and I defend spec. PT has even simpler rotation and is far more better in burning single target.

you can easly see 3 types of smashers,

1.derp. will jump smash and die with no good numbers (still high damage is possible with low skill as it's repetetive)

2.high dps total (always top dps, ignoring objectives and team mbers just to find biggest group to smash them - atleast they put some pressure to healers)

3.good smasher - usualy top 3 dps, keeps objectives, smashing healer and his tank, lots of 'finishing blows'.

they are only op if stacked tight. but I fear far more of 4 stealthers or 4 mm(ss) snipers (slingers) walking together ;)

Yet again, only smashers defend the tree.

Skill refers not only to one's ability to master the rotation of his/her class, but to be flexible in its application according to the circumstances. This includes excellent awareness of the surrounding and acquiring knowledge that helps dealing with other classes as well as carrying out objectives. Different builds/specs are harder to play than others, simple as that. Having to deal with multiple factors to pull off a successful DPS rotation adds complexity. Guess what does the opposite mean? Are you seriously going to argue that the simplest rotation in (IF we can call it a rotation at all) the game requires the same amount of effort ?

Not to mention that you dodge my point completely. It is not whether smash spec requires skill at all, but rather its low SKILL CAP/learning curve however you want to call it. Having to deal with less variables at a given time is far more forgiving and noob-friendly. This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

Listen, you may type a post as long as the Bible, does not change the fact that Smash puts out the same damage with ONE ability as some classes put out with their whole rotations. This is usually followed by a force scream which hits ridiculously hard as well.

And my post does not refer to skill only, but effort put in as well, which answers your question. You talk about rotations in your post.... For the smash spec, there is basically NO rotation. Making pretentious statements, providing links to irrelevant articles and labeling black to be white simply does not work.

everything you just posted is 100% truth. But the part I bolded in your post defines efficiency. Why waste my time in 8 seconds through rotation i can do in 2 seconds and achieve the same net result. Who cares. Again not trying to prove anything to anyone whatsoever. And you can't generalize that all smashers are DPS whores. I play smash and I play objectives ALL THE TIME. the fact i top damage charts is part of the playstyle. THeres no need for bashing.

and for reference that article i linked is anything BUT irrelevent. Take the time to read it and you will notice similarities between it's definitions and some of this game's community. Scrubs exist EVERYWHERE.

3. I have never seen smashes that regularly come in at 11-12k. Full partisan against full partisan, the average smash that I have seen is between 6-7k. It is more like 4-5k with all the armor buffs and so on.

haha, i dont have problems with smashers at all cuz few classes can kill them and every class has weakness, but rage spec can easily hit 11k+ a good one, who is min maxed and uses smash when relics are proced. 2 days ago a rage speced jugg killed my 2018 exp full purple augmented (lvl55 augments) scoundrel with a 9k vicious throw (not exactly 9k it was like 8900-8999) they can do 2 smashes in 10sec if use enrage autocrit 9-11k each and they have strong defense cds too.

If 6 Smashers leap to you at once and all hit Smash at the same time. Is doesn't matter how skilled you think you are, or what you do to react. You're gonna get hit hard. Average of 7k dmg x 6 = 42k. Smash can hit as hard as it wants imo. Just make me immune for so many seconds after I get hit. Say 25. That way it limits them to hitting one button.