Plain black sith robes petition, please sign

JP_Legatus

Why over a year after a Star Wars MMORPG is released we still can't have plain black sith robes on our sith characters is beyond me, :mad: please sign this petition to get a set (or 2, for maul and sidious) of plain black sith robes added to the game (like the actual movie sith, not some stupid embroidered black dress with red lines on it) and for them to preferrably be modifiable adaptive armor.

Since it is apparently difficult to figure out what a sith robe should look like, here are some examples:

http://starwars.com/img/explore/encyclopedia/characters/darthsidious_detail.png

http://starwars.com/img/explore/encyclopedia/characters/darthmaul/bio_slideshow/maul_07.jpg

http://starwars.com/img/explore/encyclopedia/characters/darthmaul/bio_slideshow/maul_06.jpg

So again, please sign to be able to make your sith character look like a sith in a star wars game. :mad:

Edited by JP_Legatus

Why over a year after a Star Wars MMORPG is released we still can't have plain black sith robes on our sith characters is beyond me, :mad: please sign this petition to get a set (or 2, for maul and sidious) of plain black sith robes added to the game (like the actual movie sith, not some stupid embroidered black dress with red lines on it) and for them to preferrably be modifiable adaptive armor.

Since it is apparently difficult to figure out what a sith robe should look like, here are some examples:

http://starwars.com/img/explore/encyclopedia/characters/darthmaul/bio_slideshow/maul_07.jpg

http://starwars.com/img/explore/encyclopedia/characters/darthmaul/bio_slideshow/maul_06.jpg

So again, please sign to be able to make your sith character look like a sith in a star wars game. :mad:

As much as I agree with you that it would be cool. Petition threads simply do not work and won't make a difference unfortunately.

There are a couple of low level (but moddable) light armor chest pieces that fit the bill pretty well, I think. Granted they're useless to people who use medium or heavy armor, but it's something for now at least.

Why not a robe like Darth Maul, why not a robe like Obi Wan? BECAUSE WE'RE PLAYING THE OLD REPUBLIC.

Read the Lore, heavy armor was necessary in Old Republic.

Eradicator Vest is the perfect for a Sith.

That cinematic, Satele and her master against Malgus shows why they're using heavy armor and not a "traditional" Jedi/Sith robe...

Edited by NogueiraA

Um... the Eradicator set, anyone? Or is that not good enough for you? I guess some people will never be satisfied.

You do realize, that the Eradicator set isn't plain black? There are red stripes and almost everything beneath the robe is partly blueish, partly grayish. Look at the pants or the sleeves for example. Furthermore any headware is most likely to get red passages as well, as soon as you use the color option.

If you can't see this your display settings aren't correct.

As much as I agree with you that it would be cool. Petition threads simply do not work and won't make a difference unfortunately.

One of the LotgRO community managers stated once that the word "petition" in a thread title is a bad deal. Although I'm all in favor of expanded appearance options (whether I would use them or nor).

They can't add plain black robes because the art students they hired haven't yet figured out how to make loose long sleeves that don't clip like crazy.

Its the reason every single chest has either the ridiculous huge loose short sleeves with skin tight long sleeves, or just skin-tight long sleeves.

This also happens to be a problem that video game graphic artists solved a decade ago. Power up the Final Fantasy MMO. Clipping? The artists for that game wouldn't be caught dead with any clipping, let alone clothes that fall right into and through a mount.

The World of Darkness MMO hired a fashion designer. Those are companies that care how their game looks. If anyone at BW actually cared, the art direction of this game would have been changed sometime during the 6-year development time.

At this point we're still getting the outfits that were made literally years ago and withheld. Since BW doesn't care and their artists suck, a loose black sith robe was probably never made, which is why we havent seen one, and why we won't see one soon.

Unfortunately.

they will ignore this post... hell since alpha people have been asking for the "tunics" that Obi-won and Qui-gon were wearing in that fight

Cant you guy's be happy with what you have? man we have a whiny community..

We sure do. :rolleyes:

Personaly Black sith robes is too bland. I like the Wayfarer's Robe from the cartel coins. it matches well with my Mara's "Im a ******" air.

So you like what you like yet take issue (no matter how minor) with what others like? Double :rolleyes:

Why not a robe like Darth Maul, why not a robe like Obi Wan? BECAUSE WE'RE PLAYING THE OLD REPUBLIC.

Read the Lore, heavy armor was necessary in Old Republic.

Eradicator Vest is the perfect for a Sith.

That cinematic, Satele and her master against Malgus shows why they're using heavy armor and not a "traditional" Jedi/Sith robe...

I am sick and tired of people like you using that same, old, worn out excuse.

Lore and timeframe/cohesion were thrown out the window when female SI/JC were force speeding around in slave girl outfits! It was then run over by a truck when recolors that set was sold on the cartel market and things like covert energy torso were thrown into every cartel pack, heavy armor what?...

SO SHUT THE HELL UP WITH IT'S THE *********** OLD REPUBLIC!

I'm playing Star Wars, if I'm a Sith I wanna wear what the Sith were wearing in the movies, likewise for the Jedi! Is that so hard?!

/signed, tired of looking like monsters from an anime

Edited by Logisitcs

We sure do. :rolleyes:

So you like what you like yet take issue (no matter how minor) with what others like? Double :rolleyes:

I gave up trying to argue with the trolls a long time ago, seems no matter you say there will always be at least 1 guy who has to argue about it

You do realize, that the Eradicator set isn't plain black? There are red stripes and almost everything beneath the robe is partly blueish, partly grayish. Look at the pants or the sleeves for example. Furthermore any headware is most likely to get red passages as well, as soon as you use the color option.

A few red lines? That's what you're complaining about? It's not perfectly 100% plain black. So. Freaking. What.

I have the eradicator set on two of my toons, one of which i'm playing right now (a smuggler). The sleeves are short of course, the edge of the sleeve has a thick red stripe, and a narrower one right above it. That is the only red on the actual armor set..now if you match color to a helm some of the trim is red, but it is barely visible. On my helm it was just the outline and two very narrow lines going from front to back (same width as the rest of the outline.

Also the blue/gray color under the robe? that's reflections. The armor has a glossy finish, its not a matte or flat finish. So that glossy surface will reflect light naturally. I'm on Hoth right now and when i'm outside I get a little bit of a blue reflection, when I go indoors its mostly gray. I can kinda understand a little bit the complaint about the red on the gear (even though imo it is very little) but complaining about the light reflection off of the gear? If the reflection bothers you then change your graphics options to very low, and you'll just have a black outline running around with no reflections. Me? i'll stick to playing on Ultra and learn to live with the reflections

Cosmetic and appearance options are good, even if I wouldn't use them for my characters. I think the vast majority of clothing/armor in the game is butt-ugly, but, fortunately for me, I don't have to have my characters wear them if I don't want to. Edited by branmakmuffin