Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Storyline Reset Button

Darthdaedric

This game has a great story for every class, with lots of expensive voice acting.

You know what would be great? To be able to replay the story and see all those nifty cutscenes again. This would give quite a bit of replay value to the game without having to grind out and gear another level 55. You could even make it a monthly or something like that for Elite Coms, Basic Coms, or even Classic coms.

This idea would allow you to very quickly and cheaply keep at least some of us entertained while you make actual new content.

I once asked support for the reset of a single mission step, and the answer pretty much reads like there's no way this will ever happen (too much depending on choices, etc.)

I'm somewhat happy with that kind of a "no resets" policy, but the ability to at least re-watch key moments of my career would be very welcome :)

There's been a couple of threads on this topic before, and one of them ran pretty deep.

The major complaint was: "No! You can't re-do all of your choices!"

The solution to that is simple: Allow you to make whatever choices you want to make, even if they differ from the ones you originally made but just don't alter any stats from your original playthrough. Think of it as though you're a tourist. After all, it's your story, and your re-telling of it, and this would not have any affect whatsoever on other players...

All this of course if the one sole purpose is to be able to see your class storyline again. And only for that purpose. No rewards, nothing, except the experience itself.

Edited by MurQueL

I don't see why this is such a big deal to not have it.

All the quests take place in or are given in an instance. We have choices in flashpoints, some of them affect other quests (Kaon->Fleet Quest for it, Boarding Party->Call to Arms, ect). We can replay those, they don't change any of our past choices when we replay them. You're basically letting about 80% of the game go completely to waste after you do it once.

Richard Garriot more or less is putting it in his new MMO. The ability to replay most of the quests.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.