what is the best gear for my marauder?

andyjd

I finally reached level 55 for the first time but I still see other marauders with a lot more HP than mine. I looked at the elite gear vendor on the fleet and it says I need "unassembled implant" or other unassembled pieces. Where do I get these? And is that even worth trying to get? As of now I am valour rank 20. Should I focus on reaching war hero gear?

As far as i know Warhero Gear is taken out of the game, unless you can find the empty shells for them on gtn.

Black Market and Arkanian are L55 exclusive gear and they are rating 162 with 69 mods. The difference between them is like the difference between Black Hole and Campaign in previous tiers. Black Market gear have no set bonus and can be obtained from hardmode L55 flashpoints or purchased with Elite Commendations while Arkanian gear have set bonus and is obtained exclusively from storymode L55 operations. In addition to the set bonus, they have slightly different stat allocations.

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/ just got that quote from dulfy, which is a great site btw

I I looked at the elite gear vendor on the fleet and it says I need "unassembled implant" or other unassembled pieces. Where do I get these? And is that even worth trying to get?

DEFINITELY worth getting.

Currently my Marauder is sitting on almost 31k hp I started gearing up by farming lvl 55fp's for comms, then moved on to SM Ops, now starting the HM ops.

Edited by Thundergulch

DEFINITELY worth getting.

Currently my Marauder is sitting on almost 31k hp I started gearing up by farming lvl 55fp's for comms, then moved on to SM Ops, now starting the HM ops.

I'm starting to get the idea. My marauder was at 18k HP but I used my warzone comms to get some gear and it went to 22k. I also ran some HM flashpoints and picked up a black hole piece and got some elite comms but no Ark pieces. I saw a slight improvement in my planetary pvp. For my marauder I'm focusing on defense raring and expertise, is that a good idea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
What should I focus on? I'm spec in carnage.

i've a marauder lvl 55 got 26k and hald partisan outfit and half conqueror

i go for strength endurance expertise and power (not necesseraly in that order)

(i'm mainly a pvp player)

Marauders are DPS-only classes. They focus on damage output above all else. To that end, you want Strength (your Primary attribute), Power (increases the damage of everything you do), Crit (increases your chance to crit), and Surge (increases the damage you do when you do crit). Anything you take that has a defensive stat is a waste of a slot that could have been used to further increase your offense.