Augment glitch still here

evilmoka

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad. :rolleyes:

Live PvP bolster broken since 4/9/13; potential fix slated for May.

even sadder that this issue was originally brought to light by us in february iirc.

which is why this entire thing needs to go in the trash. it was a good idea, but the people in charge at bioware lack the smarts to produce a working model. continue development internally (WITH A REAL QA TEAM GODDAMMIT) and release it at a later date when it works. but til then, give everyone recruit gear.

or, heres a shocker, REMOVE expertise and have 1 set of gear for the whole game with similar acquisition times through either PvP or PvE.

My guess is "We're not calling it an exploit because then we'd have to do something about all the people that exploited" just like the Ilum exploits-that-aren't-exploits.

I would tend to agree, and that's really sad... more and more people are doing it on POT5, to the point that you either exploit, or lose. I consider myself an above average player, and I think most that have played would agree.. but it's ridiculous now.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that this is not intended and is a bug. We also would like to apologize for the frustration many of you are experiencing around Bolster. As we discover issues like this it is our goal to fix them as quickly and efficiently as possible and we want to thank you for your continued patience as we work through them. Making PvP a fun and balanced experience is really important to us and to SWTOR. This is something we will definitely be fixing in a future patch and I will let you know as soon as I have more information on when that fix will happen. As a note this will not be fixed this coming Tuesday as currently we do not have a scheduled maintenance planned.

Thanks for your info and your continued patience.

-eric

Thank you for finally acknowledging the problem, however I personally think this warrants unscheduled downtime.

For the love of god just lock your gear/mods in place once you go inside a WZ so people will stop exploiting **** BW. While bolster is a fine idea your attempts to 'fix' it suck. Stop going about it the hard way since your devs can't seem to come up with the correct coding and algorithms for proper stat budgeting and just lock gear in place so all this crap will stop.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that this is not intended and is a bug. We also would like to apologize for the frustration many of you are experiencing around Bolster. As we discover issues like this it is our goal to fix them as quickly and efficiently as possible and we want to thank you for your continued patience as we work through them. Making PvP a fun and balanced experience is really important to us and to SWTOR. This is something we will definitely be fixing in a future patch and I will let you know as soon as I have more information on when that fix will happen. As a note this will not be fixed this coming Tuesday as currently we do not have a scheduled maintenance planned.

Thanks for your info and your continued patience.

-eric

I really hope that you/BW is going to take action against the many people who have been and are continuing to abuse this bug/exploit.

I really hope that you/BW is going to take action against the many people who have been and are continuing to abuse this bug/exploit.

You must be new here....that will NEVER happen....not with these guys running the show.

A. They didn't care enough to keep this crap from going live when people on the PTS told them over and over there were problems.

B. they haven't cared or aren't competent enough to actually fix it right or remove it altogether.

C. They don't care enough to even have a maintenance this coming week, let alone make sure there's a fix in it that WORKS.

You can be sure they care about their precious cartel market barbershop though.

:rak_03:

Edited by LrdRahvin

You must be new here....that will NEVER happen....not with these guys running the show.

people who were exploiting back on old ilum said the same thing... but they all got bans/warnings.

in the long run the game will be better off if BW perma-bans everyone who has been exploiting this bug.

Eric, I'd really like an announcement on exploiting the bug.

Such an announcement would require a team in programming and customer service to enforce it. And it would involve a short term loss in profits.

Edited by WaywardOne

Such an announcement would require a team in programming and customer service to enforce it. And it would involve a short term loss in profits.

I agree with you, and understand it isn't likely. I still want it to happen.