The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

your So called fix on 4-24-13 didnt work

wigglebooty

If this is working as intended I guess I don't get the point on expertise and bolster.

I equipped 2 partisan relics, as I dont have any pve relics to use, and the rest of my gear has zero expertise on it at all. At this point I have 218 expertise out of a warzone. I step into a warzone and Im at 59% pvp damage bonus again with 1986 expertise rating. What am I missing?

I start to equip partisan gear and my stats go down and my expertise stays the same. This means that PVE gear is STILL better for pvp, your patch did nothing as long as the pve gear I use is not raiding level 55 pve gear?

Edited by wigglebooty

working as intended.

if you want to be a god in WZ's remove your augments and enhancements.....take the WZ queue....bolster buff will apply giving you tons of stats.....then put them back in your gear.....bolster will not change but you will then double dip your stats.

can do that or if you just wear the worst possible green quest gear you can find bolster will overcompenstate and actually boost you up to the point where as if you were in full conq or better.

was this crap tested at all?

If this is working as intended I guess I don't get the point on expertise and bolster.

I equipped 2 partisan relics, as I dont have any pve relics to use, and the rest of my gear has zero expertise on it at all. At this point I have 218 expertise out of a warzone. I step into a warzone and Im at 59% pvp damage bonus again with 1986 expertise rating. What am I missing?

I start to equip partisan gear and my stats go down and my expertise stays the same. This means that PVE gear is STILL better for pvp, your patch did nothing.

do you have a full partisan set? 14 pieces?

Bolster is so broke. Just get rid of it. People who actually want to PvP will take the short time to gear up and people who dont will suck but without any incentive like easy stabilizers they wont bother with it long term anyways. All bolster does is alienate the loyal player base who actually cares (and pays) while catering to the casual free playing player base who dont even give you money. It makes no sense. Who is running this company.....

No I do not, why would I get one? I have better stats on my old wh ewh gear than the partisan and I still manage to nearly cap on expertise.

but u don't cap it

i will like to see those numbers to understand what is so wrong

and theres no way u have beeter stats maybe some stats are higher , but not all of them. If that is the way pls post a pic of ur numbers

Not trying to argue, but i can't understand what you are trying to say without empiric information

Confirmed. After reading this thread I signed on to my 55 Jugg. Wearing all PVE gear (mostly dread guard) and two partisan relics I have 1982 expertise. Every piece of partisan I equip makes my stats go down.

Bolster is BW excuse for baddies to be bad

Seriously if you don't like the gear gap it only takes a few rounds of playing correctly to get a few pieces. Get a guild and run with them instead of pugging. This bolster crap is ridiculous and it only promotes people bad at pvp to not get any better.

The ONLY way I see BW even being able to remotely start to fix this issue (because face it, bolster is here to stay folks) is by LOCKING into place mods/armorings/enhancements/augments once a WZ is entered. If you try to exploit the system, which ofc people who are pathetic and always looking for any advantage they can, will do it. I wouldn't go so far as to lock in the equipment until they remove field respec from within WZ's (which they should do), but at the very least what mods and stuff you come in with into a WZ is what you should have to keep on until it ends to prevent this removing/entering/adding your stuff back in. Instead of fighting bolster we should be trying to help BW find ways to fix it because you can ***** about it all you want, but it's not going to go away. Edited by Azarai

The ONLY way I see BW even being able to remotely start to fix this issue (because face it, bolster is here to stay folks) is by LOCKING into place mods/armorings/enhancements/augments once a WZ is entered. If you try to exploit the system, which ofc people who are pathetic and always looking for any advantage they can, will do it. I wouldn't go so far as to lock in the equipment until they remove field respec from within WZ's (which they should do), but at the very least what mods and stuff you come in with into a WZ is what you should have to keep on until it ends to prevent this removing/entering/adding your stuff back in. Instead of fighting bolster we should be trying to help BW find ways to fix it because you can ***** about it all you want, but it's not going to go away.

If it affects their bottom line enough you can bet they will. With these guys though, you never know, their modus operandi has typically been to sloppily half-*** everything and wait until it's too late then try to pick up the pieces...smart move at this point imo would be to scrap bolster altogether before they do any more damage than I fear has already been done.

Confirmed. After reading this thread I signed on to my 55 Jugg. Wearing all PVE gear (mostly dread guard) and two partisan relics I have 1982 expertise. Every piece of partisan I equip makes my stats go down.

/facepalm at bioware coders and "testers"... :rolleyes:

/facepalm at bioware coders and "testers"... :rolleyes:

yeah.

Mostly it's the design. It seems that bioware's coders can fix their mistakes, the delay is for this alleged testing purpose, and I guess to confirm that they didn't stealthbuff mercs :p