The Old Republic Reloaded: New Class System

DarthBabbler

Hello write your thoughts about this new class System. :)

There only be 4 classes each faction with each 8 Skills in 4 trees. (32 Skills) You can choose 16 Skills you want from the start and there will be no leveling.

Another Change is the easy Switch from damage to tank style. If you want double damage a Jedi Knight needs to wear 2 Lightsabers. If he wants do get half damage he needs to use 1 Lighsaber an a Shieldgenerator. Shieldgenerator grants 100% Shield Chance and 50% Shield Absorb.

Here are the 4 Republic Classes with their Skill Trees:

JEDI KNIGHT:

Jedi Knights spent their lifetime on using the force with their lightsaber battle training. Jedi Knights often lead republic forces into the most dangerous battles making them one of finest commanders the republic can effort.

Soresu Form:

Blade Barrucade

Defiance

Saber Ward

Enure

Guardian Slash

Guard Stance

Warding Call

Defending Heal

Ataru Form:

Master Strike

Blade Rush

Combat Trance

Blade Rain

Swift Blades

Cross Slash

Attacking Heal

Lightning Strikes

Shii-Cho Form:

Dispatch

Riposte

Zealous Leap

Sweep Slash

Crippling Throw

Sundering Strike

Precision Slash

Overhead Slash

Juyo Form:

Overload Sabre

Cauterize

Burning Heal

Plasma Brand

Inflamation

Burning Zeal

Weakening Flames

Searing Flames

JEDI SENTINEL:

Jedi Sentinels spent their lifetime on studying the force. They officially work as consulars or healers all around the galaxy. Inofficially they keep their eyes open for danger and are called for missions who needs more an invisible person then an whole army.

Kinetic Combat:

Kinetic Ward

Kinetic Kick

Telekinetic Throw

Telekinetic Project

Telekinetic Slam

Kinetik Barrier

Kinetik Storm

Telekinetic Wave

Force Combat:

Deflection

Force Armor

Force Quake

Force Lift

Force Wave

Force Pull

Force Barrier

Force Immunity

Infiltration:

Shadow Cloak

Shadow Strike

Shadow Speed

Camouflage

Clairvoyant Strike

Shadow Exhaustion

Shadow Flash

Dominate Mind

Force Heal:

Healing Trance

Restoration

Benevolence

Guarded by the Force

Healing Breeze

Revival

Salvation

Reneweal

SOLDIER:

Vanguard:

Storm

Explosive Surge

Static Surge

Pulse Cannon

Shoulder Cannon

High Impact Bolt

Stockstrike

Piercing Cell

Commando:

Mortar Volley

Supression Fire

Plasma Grenade

Cryo Grenade

Concussion Charge

Hail of Bolts

Demolition Round

Plasma Cell

Defense Tech:

Reactive Shield

Shock Absorbers

Parallactic Combat Stims

Electro Shield

Rebraced Armor

Rebraced Shield

Invravision

Ion Cell

Combat Medic:

Kolto Probe

Psych Probe

Medical Probe

Trauma Probe

Shield Probe

Ressurection Probe

Bacta Probe

Combat Support Cell

SMUGGLER:

Gunslinger:

Bullet Rain

Critical Eye

Double Shot

Dodge Gunner

Eagle Eye

Nerves of Steel

Head Shot

Vault

Scoundrel:

Cripple Shot

Dirty Kick

Flash Grenade

Percussive Shot

Hunker Down

Bleeding Shot

Cool Under Pressure

Lucky Shot

Saboteur:

Sneak

Slice Droid

Tranquilizer

Shrap Bomb

Shock Charge

Sabotage Charge

Back Shot

Escape

Underworld Medicine:

Kolto Pack

Diagnostic Scan

Kolto Cloud

Med Pack

Psych Meds

Adrenalin Injection

Underworld Stims

Psych Pack

Edited by DarthBabbler

Hello write your thoughts about this new class System. :)

There only be 4 classes each faction with each 8 Skills in 4 trees. (32 Skills) You can choose 16 Skills you want from the start and there will be no leveling.

So you want to remove most of the progression from this game?

Sorry, I personally feel that it would be super boring to instantly start will all your abilities.

Edited by Talsalus

Why is it boring to use a lot skills? I find it boring when i have less. ^^

A major reason the leveling system exists in any RPG (besides time) is to gradually teach you the class. Getting rid of that will cause even more problems then there is now with people not knowing their class.

</Opinion>

Well like "Secret World" (i tried it out for free), I leveled with the skills i wanted to use, maxed them out then got the joy of leveling all the skills i didn't want to use just so i had something to do...

See having no levels and more skills does not mean everyone wants to use every skill. I was happy with the few powers i chose, so then i get to grind out a hundred other abilities ill never use as progression?

For all the posts about these massive game changes, its really a waste of time (IMO). I cannot see them completely ripping the game apart in order to completely revamp skills, powers, the planets, etc. that everyone keeps complaining about. They will make changes, they may make larger type changes to some systems, but so many of these posts want this game turned into some other game because the poster thinks that game is better.

If that's the case, and this one has these issues, go enjoy the other game.

</EndOpinion>

A major reason the leveling system exists in any RPG (besides time) is to gradually teach you the class. Getting rid of that will cause even more problems then there is now with people not knowing their class.

However, that's not entirely possible given how classes (esp. advanced classes) progress throughout the process. The way you play at L25 can be drastically different at 35 or 50, not to mention the fact that people often use "survivability"/soloing builds for the progression, then switch over to others for group/endgame.

Given how there's almost always griping about the lack of "endgame" and how a sizable portion of the playerbase view the leveling portion of the game to be a "startup cost" that needs to be raced through as fast as possible, for quite a while now I've thought that perhaps doing levels is counterproductive--the devs have put a ton of time and money on that content, most of which is only ever seen once per character. What if every bit of content in SWTOR were repeatable at a user-adjusted difficulty level?

But that said, it's not going to change. It would be a total revamp at tremendous risk (NGE anyone? :)