Legacy-Wide mounts and pets

razerfun

The ability to trade any pet or vehicle to any character on your legacy sure. Having one of each available to all, no.

Why not? We can only log in with on character at a time, and since the Legacy system allows us to setup filial and parental associations between characters, what's wrong with an alt borrowing dad's (or son's or daughter's or sister's, etc, etc) tirsa elite? Maybe restrict it to same-faction family members on legacy

PS, love your forum name, I'm one of those too

There is a precedence. I have two subs, I have invited friends from both that have subscribed. So on both I have account wide mounts and some pets from events and other promotions Bioware has, this includes the droids pet from the CE (collectors edition) I have on one of the two accounts.

Account wide vs Legacy wide

What I would like to see is because I have two accounts. One is more for my daughter (who is old enough) however I use it from time to time. Would like to tie the two accounts together through Legacy some way. I could prove I am the owner of both. Really miss having all the buffs I have on one account.

Why not? We can only log in with on character at a time, and since the Legacy system allows us to setup filial and parental associations between characters, what's wrong with an alt borrowing dad's (or son's or daughter's or sister's, etc, etc) tirsa elite? Maybe restrict it to same-faction family members on legacy

PS, love your forum name, I'm one of those too

Borrowing Dads speeder or taking the family pooch out for a run both imply having to give it back when Dad says times up. Making a copy for everyone just doesn't sit right with me. IMO if junior wants his own speeder full time he needs to get his own.

I was actually recently talking to my boyfriend about this. We ended up talking about the new achievement system that went live as the backbone behind why there should be Legacy unlocks for mounts and pets.

Originally in the "other" game (as you put it :p) the achievement system launched as a per-character setup. There were mounts that could be obtained via achievements. Each character had to do the achievement to get the same mount as one of the other alts. The achievement system eventually went account wide and so did mount and pet unlocks.

The SWTOR achievement system launched as a Legacy wide system and not per character system. I brought up how there used to be (don't know if it's still there) the missions to do certain hard mode or nightmare mode bosses (at 50) to get a specific type of Aratech mount. The black one, the flame one, the coral one, and I forget the fourth. These could be changed to achievements rather than missions and due to it being an achievement, it would unlock these mounts for every character that is part of the Legacy as SWTOR achievements are Legacy tracked. To me it only makes sense.

In my opinion all speeders and pets should work this way though but I may be biased. I'm a collection freak. One thing that really kept me from changing my main from a career Resto Druid for 4 years to a Disc Priest for another year (went Resto Druid all 5 years before I quit) was all the mounts I'd gathered on my Druid during those first 4 years. Even before achievements hit I was obsessive about rep, mounts, and pets. In SWTOR I'm swapping my main healer from a Sage main to either an Operative or a Sorcerer. I still don't know which it will be. The only reason why I feel free enough to do this? I never bothered to make the same mistake as before and collect enough to tie me to one character and make it an obligation to keep playing it. It was a waste to ditch that many mounts and pets and let them sit and rot while I played another toon. If they made it so mounts and pets were Legacy unlocked, I'd start collecting them again in a heartbeat. Seems like such a waste since quite a few mounts are really cool looking.