The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Using alacrity to boost flamethrower?

TheOldHermit

I played around with the tank tree for a bit and find it awesome that the tree has skill that makes flamethrower tick twice as fast. It makes flamethrower feel "right". Unfortunately it's too far up in the tank tree to use if you're AP or even a shield tech/AP hybrid. But it makes me wonder, has anyone tried stacking alacrity (post 2.0) to make flamethrower tick faster? How much alacrity would be needed to get flamethrower to channel in 1.5 seconds instead of 3.0?

I played around with the tank tree for a bit and find it awesome that the tree has skill that makes flamethrower tick twice as fast. It makes flamethrower feel "right". Unfortunately it's too far up in the tank tree to use if you're AP or even a shield tech/AP hybrid. But it makes me wonder, has anyone tried stacking alacrity (post 2.0) to make flamethrower tick faster? How much alacrity would be needed to get flamethrower to channel in 1.5 seconds instead of 3.0?

I play AP and have 200 alacrity and it ticks 2.9 seconds. You cannot make it tick 1.5 sec. Min would be 2.75 I would say!

I play AP and have 200 alacrity and it ticks 2.9 seconds. You cannot make it tick 1.5 sec. Min would be 2.75 I would say!

Well that's disappointing. I haven't really geared my PT for end game pvp or pve yet, and with your info in mind I definitely won't bother stacking alacrity (at the expense of either power or surge).

200 alacrity? And how is energy regeneration working for you? Is it worthy to stack some alacrity?