The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

(BUGGY)Ship's Holoterminal

Wpound

Is anyone else having a problem at the end of a planet with accessing their ship's holoterminal? The last few days I have been unable to get my holoterminal to start without traveling to 2 or 3 different planets to try and get it running. After traveling to a couple different planets and using up unnecessary credits then it finally works...then when I get to the planet I am supposed to travel to I have to leave and go to another planet to get it to work again and then travel back to the planet and start my quests....This is costing a lot of credits with unnecessary traveling....

The only bug I see in the Holoterminal—and this one has been around forever—is the fact that it's permanently glowing blue, as if to signal it needs to be interacted with, even when it doesn't.

This was confusing and frustrating to me the first time I started playing and, in my opinion, should be changed asap.

You're a Jedi Knight, aren't you? If so, I think I can help you with a workaround for this problem, albeit a rather annoying one, especially considering that I reported this personally and included said workaround in a bug report on PTS.

Yes. For me, logging out then logging back in fixed the issue. Did you try that? It could at least save you some cash, if nothing else... Worked for me anyway. :)

By the way, Bioware, clicking on the holterminal as a Level 47, who has not finished the class story, started a cutscene which gave me end game spoilers (inquisitor), and transported me to Makeb. There was no quest in my log, and I had no interest in going to Makeb.

If you can travel to Makeb prior to finishing the class story, it would be nice if the Makeb cutscene didn't give away end game details of the story.

Edited by Kirjalax

Yes. For me, logging out then logging back in fixed the issue. Did you try that? It could at least save you some cash, if nothing else... Worked for me anyway. :)

By the way, Bioware, clicking on the holterminal as a Level 47, who has not finished the class story, started a cutscene which gave me end game spoilers (inquisitor), and transported me to Makeb. There was no quest in my log, and I had no interest in going to Makeb.

If you can travel to Makeb prior to finishing the class story, it would be nice if the Makeb cutscene didn't give away end game details of the story.

I had the same experience. The holoterminal had a mission icon over it. I clicked on it and got a Makeb cutscene. After that, I was sent there.