The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why nobody queues for lvl55 story mode ops?

nitrousoxide

What he says is :

"We're a cult, we don't share knowledge, we keep things in the circle"

And this is one of them kind of players that ruin the game.

My old progression group was way more open. Many forgot this is a social game.

And I'm not talking about bringing pugs. But reading this type of things is scary.

That is not at all what he said. He said he wants full guild runs if he can get them, because they don't want guild-earned items going to others. If a pug comes and gets a piece it's not the end of the world, but he'd prefer that his guildies get it.

That is not at all what he said. He said he wants full guild runs if he can get them, because they don't want guild-earned items going to others. If a pug comes and gets a piece it's not the end of the world, but he'd prefer that his guildies get it.

It's not "guild-earned" items. It's everybody's. Pug does his job, he deserves a fair chance a loot just like everybody else. That's not a favor or a gracious act of kindness from behalf of the guild leader

It's not "guild-earned" items. It's everybody's. Pug does his job, he deserves a fair chance a loot just like everybody else. That's not a favor or a gracious act of kindness from behalf of the guild leader

/Signed

Maybe because they've only been out for like 2 weeks and not enough people are geared well enough to be comfortable with pugging them...?

I have 6x 50's+ I have only got one to 55 (guardian tank), my Seer Sage and Vanguard are close behind at 54. I suspect my Gunslinger and Sentinel will take longer with my Assassin tank being done before. Simply most people are not to 55 yet. I am sure if you could see a snapshot of the data, most toons at 50 before 2.0 are in between 51 and 54 currently.

I know why I leveled my Guardian first. Though i love to tank, i have found with this new "Reflect" ability I have a blast with the guardian. Jump into a mob. AOE taunt. Reflect all the damage back at them..... Muuuahhhahaha :D

Note to self: Level my Jug.

Edited by DakotaDoc

I don't care what guilds do tbh, but how is that carrying since that random players participate as well?

carry was poor choice of word, but if we going ops and missing one dps, usualy tanks are out geared (so easy to gear up on hm FP), healers are very good and dedicated, we are ogranized, have TS, tactics, but we just miss one dps (recently not the case, but I'm thinking here about days when servers were dying and people moved to *other games that just got realesed*), then he is being carried a bit. I don't mean (before you read it from context) that he doesnt pull his weight and that he doesnt deserve items, every member of operation is equally treated when it comes to drops, and operation would be harder without that 4rth dps. he just happend to be there on right timing, like tons of other dps who could do just fine.

What I ment with 'why should guilds carry' was, why should organized groups break into smaller, just so they can deliver operation (explain tactics, share drops, organize and lead) to random people on the fleet.

Have only 2 tanks/4 healers 10 dps? do 16 man instead of pugging two random tanks (again, not the real case since most of us have alts and can switch to fulfill different roles) and leave dps behind. keep it in guild.

What he says is :

Yep, this is why I never join a guild. and I believe there are people like me out there. Rather die with random pugs then to listen and participate to that crap.

I'm sorry that you had such a discussion over my choice of words.

Some of you interpreted a lot of crap into my words.

What he says is :

My old progression group was way more open. Many forgot this is a social game.

And I'm not talking about bringing pugs. But reading this type of things is scary.

I never said anything of this.

When we run ops, we try to include as many of our guildies as possible, because we know them and as we are a group of people who want to play together more than just on random luckbased meetings (that's why we're in the same guild), we prefere them over a random and we're happier for them if they win a piece of gear than we're for a random who we don't know.

(A small reference to rl: You'd care more about your friend who won the lottery, than about some random guy who you don't even know winning it)

If a piece of gear drops and we have a random in our ops group, he has the same chance of winning it as everybody else does.

Explain me this:

How could your old group have been more open, if they didn't bring pugs? :rolleyes:

I agree, other people should use the group finder for story mode Scum and Villainy. I don't really have a guild, so I can't assemble a group for it.

try general chat. few guildies of mine love assembling pug runs (you get 8 people and que in GF), some of those pugs joined guild after run.

Yep, this is why I never join a guild. and I believe there are people like me out there. Rather die with random pugs then to listen and participate to that crap.

guilds are not evil. it's good to socialize a bit, far better then complaining that evil pvp guilds rotflolstomp pugs in warzones and that evil guilds who won't take any one for operation.. ;)

Edited by Atramar