The "expansion"

Shiftyas

this whole post has gotten incredibly off topic. the original post was 75% upset over comms caps, and rep caps.

good news! on tuesday during patch 2.0.1 they are fixing the comm caps. doubling all the endgame caps and removing an actual weekly limit for classic comms. also, rep isnt lost when you go above your cap. i actually enjoy stacking them in my inventory to see if how many weeks worth i can cap out before server reset.

they grossly mislabeled this content as an expansion, its DLC, and as such was worth 10$ value wise when compared to... anything.

All of the OPs concerns are addressed, so situation solved!

I wasn't talking about the patch. I was talking about the "expansion" which was really just a patch miss labeled as an expansion. Woo, you got to level up 5 levels. So what? That took less than 10 hours and didn't replace a single piece of gear while doing it. It added a couple ops, releasing some higher levels of some flashpoints and releasing a tiny new zone. That's what passes as an expansion? They've done the exact same thing with patches without the level upgrade, so that's all it takes to be an expansion now? 5 levels that take **** all time to get?

Which patch gave you 20 hours of content (don't forget there are 2 separate stories) with 3 hours of cutscenes?

this whole post has gotten incredibly off topic. the original post was 75% upset over comms caps, and rep caps.

good news! on tuesday during patch 2.0.1 they are fixing the comm caps. doubling all the endgame caps and removing an actual weekly limit for classic comms. also, rep isnt lost when you go above your cap. i actually enjoy stacking them in my inventory to see if how many weeks worth i can cap out before server reset.

they grossly mislabeled this content as an expansion, its DLC, and as such was worth 10$ value wise when compared to... anything.

All of the OPs concerns are addressed, so situation solved!

First of all, lets not get it twisted, this is a patch disguised as an expansion to get players back on. Hats off to ya, you got me back, though that'll be short lived. Last ditch effort to make a bit of cash before going under?

Anyway, *** is with these tiny commendation and rep caps? Rather than making the game more difficult they opted to just make you play less for a longer duration? It's like BioWare has no idea what kind of audience MMORPGs attract.

To be a successful MMORPG you need the content to keep people playing 5+ hours a day at the very minimum. I shouldn't be able to reach my weekly cap in a day. That's ridicules.

This is the only failure MMORPG I have ever cared about. It had to potential to be better than WoW, but came just short on in so many areas and they all added up to it being ****.

Anyway, thanks for trying BioWare, better luck next time.

Glad to see that you're enjoying the expansion so much. See you in game!

My wife and I were just talking about how this "expansion" would be a "content patch" in any other game. It is way too small to be a expansion.

This expansion obsoleted more end game content than it added.

It is about a months worth of content, 2 for casual players, then we are left with no endgame to speak of.

what exactly did it obselete?

My wife and I were just talking about how this "expansion" would be a "content patch" in any other game. It is way too small to be a expansion.

This expansion obsoleted more end game content than it added.

It is about a months worth of content, 2 for casual players, then we are left with no endgame to speak of.

Depends what 'obsoleted'. Old daily areas are still very much relveant for credit farming, not even faster due to higher level and better gear. New daily areas take much longer to do and don't reward significantly more credits.

I dont think it was a good deal at all . Look at what Rift provided with their expansion its absloutely ridiculous amount of content. it was easily 60 hours of content minus the gear progression

Rift is also a crap game ( I know my opinion ) same as you have your opinion. What RotHC was should have been called an adventure pack (or mini expansion). EQ2 does it all the time and they are around the same price as what we paid for RotHC was here. I don't see a problem.

I was in early access for RotHC and I have yet to get one of my 5 level 50's to 55. I have one at 54 and I am just enjoying the content as a steady pace and doing the seeker and binoc missions in between. I am not rushing through the planet just to come on the boards and whine constantly as I have seen some people like the OP here has done.

Simply advice for gamers, slow down and enjoy the game and the beauty of the worlds that have been created. Don't rush through because you'll miss half the game in the process.

To be a successful MMORPG you need the content to keep people playing 5+ hours a day at the very minimum. I shouldn't be able to reach my weekly cap in a day. That's ridicules. .

Not everyone has the time to play 5+hours a day as you say at the very minimum. You do understand the necessity of a job, school, family, real life responsibilities that should come first so that is not a way to determine a successful MMORPG

The DLC ( thats what i call it, since its not really an expansion) got me back, after a 10 month break.I must say some parts of the game has improved alot, like its much easier to get in groups, no more dead planets, more juicy contend which is really good.However some things also got worse, like the lag ( worse lag ever in a mmo :( ) and i think there are more bugs then ever.Do they actually fix bugs in the game? :)

All in all, i enjoy playing the game again, but i also know i will play for 2-3 months then ill unsub til more contend gets added, then in 10 months time ill probo resub again.Who knows :)

Rift is also a crap game ( I know my opinion ) same as you have your opinion. What RotHC was should have been called an adventure pack (or mini expansion). EQ2 does it all the time and they are around the same price as what we paid for RotHC was here. I don't see a problem.

I was in early access for RotHC and I have yet to get one of my 5 level 50's to 55. I have one at 54 and I am just enjoying the content as a steady pace and doing the seeker and binoc missions in between. I am not rushing through the planet just to come on the boards and whine constantly as I have seen some people like the OP here has done.

Simply advice for gamers, slow down and enjoy the game and the beauty of the worlds that have been created. Don't rush through because you'll miss half the game in the process.

4 days for me at roughly 2 hours per day. I did not rush through. If you havent gotten to 55 yet then you are not playing the game or.... you play about a half hour a day and rotate your alts through. Even the seekers and binoc missions give good exp. Now, dont get me wrong here. I thought the expansion was pretty fun but please dont bash others assuming they "rushed" through. Rushing through is such an old and tired arguement. Sure, some people space bar everything and get to 55 as fast as possible with the least amount of work. Others like me, see the entire story atleast once and do everything is has to offer. Its at most 8 hours to level 55. The dailies/droid/bino quests add more content but please get over it. The expansion is very small. Well worth the 10 bucks but very small all the same.