Removing Mods and Stuff - Are You KIDDING Me?

Thebetts

Okay, so I've been gearing my Toon using the same gear since about level 14, just continually upgrading the Armoring/Mods/Enhancements, each time just replacing the Item and deleting the one in it's place.

I finally decided to change the looks of my gear today, and since all my modifications are around the level 61-63 I figured I'd just change them over to my new gear.

Nope, not happening! Why the hell is it 8k just to take the stuff out of my Armour? Come on Bioware/EA, get your act together, I shouldn't have to pay 24-30k per piece in order to change my look.

Does anyone else think that this is just plain stupid?

I get that this has always been the case, but honestly, 8k is freaking ridiculous.

Anyway, rant over, just needed to vent about this nonsense.

You're new around here aren't you?

Joking aside, this is very reasonable. Not long ago mods were upwards of 60k a piece to remove, making mod yanking over 150k per piece of gear. People that were removing mods from their ugly Columi gear were playing around 2 million to change a full set.

Bioware brought the prices way way down. Its a credit sink, the game needs them even if players don't like them. I'm not going be condescending and say "omg credits are so easy to make in this game" because frankly, I don't find dailies fun to do everyday, and raid repairs are expensive, and so are vanity items. But for the most part, going to the Black Hole once every couple of weeks and running a round of missions will net you what you need to pull the mods out of a couple pieces of gear.

Depending on how often you change it up, it's not a bad cost.

Honestly, I've never taken Mods and the like out of my gear, I generally just upgrade them.

However, if it used to be more expensive than it currently is, then that is even MORE ridiculous, why does it cost anything in the first place? What part of the process of removing the mod from your gear would result in me losing Credits?

I get that it's not going away, and I honestly don't care too much, I just wanted to have a little bit of a rant about something that I see as being completely nonsensical.

EDIT: Not new at all, I've just never seen a need to change my gear up before this, I've been happy with the look of my gear, but I thought it might be nice to have a new look, I don't think that I should have to pay out my *** for that. I guess I'll just wait until 55 and get a new look with a set of Basic Gear or something.

Edited by Thebetts

Honestly, I've never taken Mods and the like out of my gear, I generally just upgrade them.

However, if it used to be more expensive than it currently is, then that is even MORE ridiculous, why does it cost anything in the first place? What part of the process of removing the mod from your gear would result in me losing Credits?

I get that it's not going away, and I honestly don't care too much, I just wanted to have a little bit of a rant about something that I see as being completely nonsensical.

Read the post above this one.

Money sinks in MMOs are a necessary evil. That's why we have a bunch of different speeders, out-of-combat pets and pretty adaptable gear sets. Oh, and a fee to take out mods from gear. If you're new to the concept it is a bit odd but considering credits come rather easy it only makes sense that there are random money sinks along the way.

Not really, I just needed to vent, Forums seemed to be the place to do it. I guess I was wrong to voice an opinion on the game, in a place where opinions are encouraged. Consider me brow beaten, and next time I have an opinion on the game, I'll just sit in my corner and keep it to myself.

Not really, I just needed to vent, Forums seemed to be the place to do it. I guess I was wrong to voice an opinion on the game, in a place where opinions are encouraged. Consider me brow beaten, and next time I have an opinion on the game, I'll just sit in my corner and keep it to myself.

I agree, i understand credit sinks, and I know it's part of the game. Back when I had to drop a couple million to "change my look" I did it very infrequently if at all.

Now it is much cheaper, but there is a plethora of adaptive armor from the CM, and we are encouraged to change our look more regularly. They make real money for it now!

Honestly when ever I log into Tera, GW2, Lotro or even DCUO and i just switch things up on the appearance tab for FREE I get a little pissed they run this ship the way they do.

Don't feel too bad, you only got one page worth of flames over your post. Could be worse. Try using a less attention grabbing header next time, and include content in it as opposed to just your shock and awe. People would probably be more engaging that way.

I understand you're unhappy about it and I wasn't trying to troll you. I was just pointing out how it used to be, and how it's infinitely better than it once was.

But people around here don't really take kindly to yet another complaint thread with no substance and only exists to complain about yet another thing about this game.

But posts with a complaint and then some ideas on how it can be changed, or remedied, or alleviated tends to create more dialog. Yes, the trolls will still show up, but not as many.

I actually feel they are at about the right amount right now. It's still a bit high for me, but that's just because I only have 250k credits to my name at present. That isn't Bioware's problem.

I would still like to see more empty level 1 sets in the store, and mods for sale in the market as well, sold as individual pieces and sets.

I tell you what i told a guzildmate of me 8 weks ago:

Just get some millions out of the gtn.

He was always on the last 100k, and if we wiped a lot on a new OP Boss, he gets struggling with the rep costs.

Then he startet making low level augments after we tried to figure out what he could sell on the gtn. So he made them all artefact and sold them. 2 Weeks later he hit the 10mio bucks achievemnt (Although back then there was no achievement system yet).

Problem solved =)

Okay, so I've been gearing my Toon using the same gear since about level 14, just continually upgrading the Armoring/Mods/Enhancements, each time just replacing the Item and deleting the one in it's place.

I finally decided to change the looks of my gear today, and since all my modifications are around the level 61-63 I figured I'd just change them over to my new gear.

Nope, not happening! Why the hell is it 8k just to take the stuff out of my Armour? Come on Bioware/EA, get your act together, I shouldn't have to pay 24-30k per piece in order to change my look.

I get that this has always been the case, but honestly, 8k is freaking ridiculous.

It was even more expensive before... I agree that it shouldn't cost us stupid amounts of credits to change our look. There is a thread about an Appearance Tab. I strongly disagree with the amounts Mythic/Bioware Austin has placed on removing mods just to change the appearance of our characters. Even our companions for that matter. It's a slap in the face of modern appearance changing mechanics. It's a look, a sense of uniqueness. So every single time I want to change that look I'm going to have to pay through the nose. And then most appearances don't change for unwanted extended periods of time because they don't want to flush those credits in the toilet again so soon. So they are stuck with something they're not thrilled about. Good job!

Edited by xorcist

Truth is there is plenty of other credit sinks without the need to charge to remove mods... This was just a stupid idea some Dev came up with... Every other MMO you can change your look without spending money to do so. This is just one of the many annoying things the Dev's have put into the game and are to arrogant and narcissistic to remove it because they don't want to admit they're wrong.

Are you kidding me ? I'm sick of the ppl like you . Every sentence of yours end with " REALLY BIOWARE ?" yes really, now get out of my sight

I understand you're unhappy about it and I wasn't trying to troll you. I was just pointing out how it used to be, and how it's infinitely better than it once was.

But people around here don't really take kindly to yet another complaint thread with no substance and only exists to complain about yet another thing about this game.

But posts with a complaint and then some ideas on how it can be changed, or remedied, or alleviated tends to create more dialog. Yes, the trolls will still show up, but not as many.

"I wasn't TRYING to troll you, but you didn't follow MY rules on how to complain, so i did it."

From now on, we'll voice opinions in your standard format to make you more comfortable defending BW against the feedback they're asking for.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

It's a disincentive to buy new looks on the store. Also, big money sinks in the end help to impoverish the poorest.

This equipment modding feature is a stronger part of SWTOR, it is supposed to be used and enjoyable, however, with this rates it could be a dead one. I don't see myself using it very much at higher levels.

Ingame service prices can't be so expensive, they have to be symbolic but without falling into triviality. Repair price, is a good example, it has to be low enough to not be a pain and at the same time to make players care about their characters.

You know it used to be about 100k per piece.

That doesn't mean they cannot be lowered more. People used to believe that the earth was flat and here we are.

You should be happy that's all it is. It used to be 11k-12k a piece.

EDIT: Not new at all, I've just never seen a need to change my gear up before this, I've been happy with the look of my gear, but I thought it might be nice to have a new look, I don't think that I should have to pay out my *** for that. I guess I'll just wait until 55 and get a new look with a set of Basic Gear or something.

Did the whole point of it being a CREDIT SINK go completely over your head from the first several people who responded?

It's a disincentive to buy new looks on the store. Also, big money sinks in the end help to impoverish the poorest.

This equipment modding feature is a stronger part of SWTOR, it is supposed to be used and enjoyable, however, with this rates it could be a dead one. I don't see myself using it very much at higher levels.

Ingame service prices can't be so expensive, they have to be symbolic but without falling into triviality. Repair price, is a good example, it has to be low enough to not be a pain and at the same time to make players care about their characters.

That doesn't mean they cannot be lowered more. People used to believe that the earth was flat and here we are.

The difference here is there is no requirement for someone to change their look. Your argument is facetious and your righteous indignation is misplaced. NOTHING is requiring you to change your look.

The difference here is there is no requirement for someone to change their look. Your argument is facetious and your righteous indignation is misplaced. NOTHING is requiring you to change your look.

Playing the game is optional too. Use your overused flaming attemp with someone else.