2.0 Individual Class Records

Bronaimeth

Question for Xanxas: how are the healing/damage/protection to death ratios calculated when people have zero deaths? Clearly, 1,000,000 to 0 is better than 1,000,000 to 1, but I would never say that 500,000 to 0 is better than 1.5 million to 1.

I would assume the calculation would be done logically

X/(Y + 1)

where X = Amount of Healing/Protection/Damage

and Y = Amount of Deaths

Edited by Daskillz

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume the calculation would be done logically

X/(Y + 1)

where X = Amount of Healing/Protection/Damage

and Y = Amount of Deaths

That would mean 1,000,000 to 1 = 1,500,000 to 2, which doesn't really make any sense either. Normally, the first would be higher, but under this calculation, they'd both be 500,000 (1,000,000/2 or 1,500,000/3).

I mean, it's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice for some clarification.

Edited by Saerith

That would mean 1,000,000 to 1 = 1,500,000 to 2, which doesn't really make any sense either. Normally, the first would be higher, but under this calculation, they'd both be 500,000 (1,000,000/2 or 1,500,000/3).

I mean, it's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice for some clarification.

I understand what you are getting at but death is always intended to be a penalty when it comes to ratios. Considering you are unable to divide by 0 the +1 must be added to each death so ensure that one with 0 deaths is always above a person with 1 death when they have around the same healing output. But hey If Xan has another way of handling that then I am very interested in hearing it lol.

Edited by Daskillz

I understand what you are getting at but death is always intended to be a penalty when it comes to ratios. Considering you are unable to divide by 0 the +1 must be added to each death so ensure that one with 0 deaths is always above a person with 1 death when they have around the same healing output. But hey If Xan has another way of handling that then I am very interested in hearing it lol.

I agree with Eumelia, there has to be the +1 so that those with a death ratio of 0 are not faulted. Besides, most of the people who ACTUALLY post damage/heal/death ratio screenies are usually damage or heals / 0. I have very seldom seen in the history of these threads seen anyone post one with 1+ death.

Aren't these supposed to be level 55 records? I think I have seen some screenshots from lowbie warzones.

Yes they are to be 55 post, I sent him some SS and did not clarify before he posted them for me, but the 10k heal for roxxay is legit

Ok updated, will go through and remove what are now found to be non 55 matches.

Update for my scoundrel http://i.imgur.com/JeBtlCr.png?1

Nice, didn't know you were Flic.

Xanxas, might as well post Exxoosed for sage damage from your screenshot and also post his scrapper scoundrel (Imposed) damage from Vomill's screenshot. I don't know if he visits/frequents this server forum but he puts out good numbers that I think should be posted.

Probably just trying to pick you off early so that you are dead, more time you're dead is less time you can do damage. Sniper vs slinger seems like it'd be very boring, can't see that it's someone doing it for amusement.

When I catch him solo without those superior heals I blow him up pretty good. But like I said, he seems to be with them more often than not when I see him.

Sniper duels are pretty funny tho actually. I usually only lose to Jaiden, Wookiepedia and anyone with pocket heals. Had a few decent ones with Wiseposterior, too. Don't actually see Devil or Yooni/Ditto much but I'm sure they'd get me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.