burst

badou

So about our burst as dps.on my commando with almost same equip i done 8.5 biggest hit on my sorc i cant even hit 6k and i dont think many can.so we got more dmg ok BUT the dmg you gave to the rest of the classes is so huge our dmg is nothing.ok i know we can top charts at dmg but its not cause we do dmg but cause we can dot everything on sight thats why we do that dmg.our burst compared to the others classes is nothing.i want to hear some opinions about our burst which many that play this class from start know what burst we had then lost and still havent found :mad:

So about our burst as dps.on my commando with almost same equip i done 8.5 biggest hit on my sorc i cant even hit 6k and i dont think many can.so we got more dmg ok BUT the dmg you gave to the rest of the classes is so huge our dmg is nothing.ok i know we can top charts at dmg but its not cause we do dmg but cause we can dot everything on sight thats why we do that dmg.our burst compared to the others classes is nothing.i want to hear some opinions about our burst which many that play this class from start know what burst we had then lost and still havent found :mad:

Even though lightening tree got a boost, our biggest strength is still applying pressure to healers through the spreading of dots, instant AOE burst (Death field and CL proc), whirlwind, providing adequate peels, and we're adequate healers to boot.

We can still lay down some impressive burst damage if the "stars are aligned", but if you wanted to do that, you'd be better off rolling a sniper. We can LOS pretty hardcore to against semi-competent players, but it gets trickier when other players are involved.

Also, we are masters of wasting the other teams time with our almighty Force Barrier, Force Speed, and Whirlwind.

Also, we are masters of wasting the other teams time with our almighty Force Barrier, Force Speed, and Whirlwind.

Don't know why you are talking about WW in this part. It is crap now with the cast time compared to all the other classes. It IS good it just pales in comparison, and that is why it is bad =(. The only thing it has going for it is the range.

Don't know why you are talking about WW in this part. It is crap now with the cast time compared to all the other classes. It IS good it just pales in comparison, and that is why it is bad =(. The only thing it has going for it is the range.

Umm, it's a 30 second timeout... Make your attacker pop his CC breaker, pop Polarity Shift and WW that sucker.

If they don't pop your CC, that gives 4-5 seconds to do w/e you want anyways.

Unless they've changed it, WW is only 8s in PvP, 60s in PvE.

The cast bar means it's only really useful against the unaware (attacking another player for instance). Be nice to have instant-cast back again. :(

Unless they've changed it, WW is only 8s in PvP, 60s in PvE.

The cast bar means it's only really useful against the unaware (attacking another player for instance). Be nice to have instant-cast back again. :(

Knock back immobilize, electrocute, polarity shift, etc. There's a lot you can do to set up WW on attackers. 8 seconds is plenty of time to do what you need to do to win the fight.

On my lightning sorc, I've hit for 18k in 3 globals. If you can lineup a barrage, then use thundering blast (which seems to proc chain lightning a lot now), and go TB->recklessness->FL->CL on an afflicted target, you'll knock off up to 75% of the target's health. Even if CL doesn't proc, Lightning strike also crits for a ton.

Umm, it's a 30 second timeout... Make your attacker pop his CC breaker, pop Polarity Shift and WW that sucker.

If they don't pop your CC, that gives 4-5 seconds to do w/e you want anyways.

Learn your abilities before you say things, WW is an 8 second soft CC in PvP. Also, when someone uses their CC breaker they usually have full resolve.

Knock back immobilize, electrocute, polarity shift, etc. There's a lot you can do to set up WW on attackers. 8 seconds is plenty of time to do what you need to do to win the fight.

If you knockback and then stun they will be resolve capped. If you are in the middle of a fight you will not get a WW off about 80% of the time. If you soft CC someone in the middle of a fight, AoE will most likely break it within 2-3 seconds. If you are with a ranked team or a group of friends there are many other classes that have superior soft CCs which means you don't want to use yours to make sure people don't have full resolve.

Using instant WW pre 2.0 meant that you were getting beat on by another class and you used it to get away or some relief. This caused one of 2 things, a forced break which means they used their stun breaker or they sat in it for 8 seconds.

On my lightning sorc, I've hit for 18k in 3 globals. If you can lineup a barrage, then use thundering blast (which seems to proc chain lightning a lot now), and go TB->recklessness->FL->CL on an afflicted target, you'll knock off up to 75% of the target's health. Even if CL doesn't proc, Lightning strike also crits for a ton.

i would like to see a vid of this :D.also for you to do enough dmg all the planets must align i dont know why but i just dont see the burst we are supposed to have.if you get a good healer its so difficult to kill him with and i dont seem to have any problems with the rest of my chars.By the way i got all classes and i know what burst they do and what they dont :D.Burst in papers and in dummy looks good but chain lighting is restricted by armor and death field is not so much so i see bigger numbers on my death field than on my chain.

i would like to see a vid of this :D.also for you to do enough dmg all the planets must align i dont know why but i just dont see the burst we are supposed to have.if you get a good healer its so difficult to kill him with and i dont seem to have any problems with the rest of my chars.By the way i got all classes and i know what burst they do and what they dont :D.Burst in papers and in dummy looks good but chain lighting is restricted by armor and death field is not so much so i see bigger numbers on my death field than on my chain.

Guy in the thread linked a video of a sage doing essentially the same thing I'm talking about (he uses shock instead of tkt) with close to the same numbers. They're overlapping, so it's hard to see, but I'd ballpark his combo (plus the dot ticks and the echoes) at roughly 16k. Trade shock for tkt and you get 18

And in terms of burst vs other classes--burst is so much greater with my lightning sorc than my pyro now that I've respecced the latter shieldtech to see how that does in pvp.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

They should have changed one of the talents in middle tree to make weaken mind (sorry can't think of name for sith version) have it's dot tick have a 30 or % chance to make turbulence (final skill in middle tree) instant cast and reset the cd on it. That would have made the middle tree more viable and more fun. Would it have made dotting up multiple enemies turn you into a turbulence throwing machine gun? Possibly, but the skill doesn't hit super hard anyway, just a bit harder than disturbance.

The class is already close to being an elemental shaman from wow, might as well go all the way when going into the middle tree. I wouldn't complain one bit -_-

Edited by genesiser

well one skill still has the -30sec on our shield which is instant now so about remaking skills i dont think so :D.I tested yesterday the burst an i must say its ok but what i am saying is compared to other classes with better defence cd and skill we are not anywhere near.

well one skill still has the -30sec on our shield which is instant now so about remaking skills i dont think so :D.I tested yesterday the burst an i must say its ok but what i am saying is compared to other classes with better defence cd and skill we are not anywhere near.

Got killed by a Marauder today by vicious throw: http://i.imgur.com/Um0fDpK.jpg?1

I can crit for about 3.5-5.5 k with thundering blast, but i don't have my full partisan yet.

It seems we're still a lot weaker than most classes in the burst department, even with the buffs to the Lightning tree.

Got killed by a Marauder today by vicious throw: http://i.imgur.com/Um0fDpK.jpg?1

I can crit for about 3.5-5.5 k with thundering blast, but i don't have my full partisan yet.

It seems we're still a lot weaker than most classes in the burst department, even with the buffs to the Lightning tree.

the problem isnt just the burst.pre 55 i was doing 6-even 7k on skill.the problem is the 1.9sec i must channel the skill and that lets say a commando does that burst in 1 skill that is instant so is maras and snipers.And of course we got our armor down no skills that gives as some sustain only a 3 mins one that makes us do nothing.And what i am saying is that we dont have the burst other classes got cause they do it in a instant that means burst when i stop to channel a skill that can be interupted its not a burst especially when i got no protection from leaps.

I have to disagree. I have a 50 Sorcerer and 37 Sage and the Telekinetics/Lightning tree burst is huge, infact I'd go as far as saying it's even better than Assassin/Shadow burst, it just requires setting up.

Even without the secondary hits from Lightning Strike and Chain lightning the burst is massive.

Recklessness + Lightning Strike + Secondary + Chain Lightning + Secondary + Shock is easily 15k+ Damage in 2 GCD.

I have to disagree. I have a 50 Sorcerer and 37 Sage and the Telekinetics/Lightning tree burst is huge, infact I'd go as far as saying it's even better than Assassin/Shadow burst, it just requires setting up.

Even without the secondary hits from Lightning Strike and Chain lightning the burst is massive.

Recklessness + Lightning Strike + Secondary + Chain Lightning + Secondary + Shock is easily 15k+ Damage in 2 GCD.

yea but most classes now can do more in 2 gcd easy thats the problem.this game just i dont understand it.In any game i played when you give someone the worst armor you must make up on dmg thats how it goes and most games go with it but we got nerfed armor no defence skills like i said only 1 and we do not even close the burst of the other classes.I got all classes and done many tests only the nerfed pyro may be worst than us now.

yea but most classes now can do more in 2 gcd easy thats the problem.this game just i dont understand it.In any game i played when you give someone the worst armor you must make up on dmg thats how it goes and most games go with it but we got nerfed armor no defence skills like i said only 1 and we do not even close the burst of the other classes.I got all classes and done many tests only the nerfed pyro may be worst than us now.

I still disagree, I still enjoy my Sage the most. I just can't bring myself to level it at the moment as I'm sick of powering through toons at the moment.

We are squishy if we get locked down but we get bubble stun, knockack and root, stun, mez, slow, speed boost and a ghetto interrupt from chain lightning.

I'm pretty consistently hitting for +6K with deathfield now, +9K in open world against people who arent using expertise. So that in combination with CD or LS on wrath and shock quickly adds up. Happens every game that I get jumped as I'm already about to die and I still manage to burn down the the enemy to the point that it's easy for a team mate to finish it. Edited by MidichIorian

I'm pretty consistently hitting for +6K with deathfield now, +9K in open world against people who arent using expertise. So that in combination with CD or LS on wrath and shock quickly adds up. Happens every game that I get jumped as I'm already about to die and I still manage to burn down the the enemy to the point that it's easy for a team mate to finish it.

Ya madness tree is awesome, and the buffs are just icing on the cake.

The problem with Lightning is that to get the numbers that other classes see, you need to crit (just like every other class), but you also need to pray that your PROCS go off. Sorc/Sage are the only classes in the game whose DPS is solely reliant on Procs, or attacks that you may have the opportunity to use if the system rolls in your favor.

I've been able to melt face as both trees, but if I open on a target and I don't start seeing procs, I'm pretty much force speeding the hell out of the fight if **** gets real.

Edited by Soikkam

Sorc/Sage are the only classes in the game whose DPS is solely reliant on Procs, or attacks that you may have the opportunity to use if the system rolls in your favor.

*cough*Pyrotech*cough*

0/30/16 spec seems kind of broken good right now. Gonna have to play it for myself to see what's up. Played 8 games two days ago with a Sorc on my server who was hitting 680-750k every game, when the next highest damage on either team would be like 380k. I mean I've never seen that kind of discrepancy in damage before. These weren't full length Civil War or Voidstars. These were like 6-1 Huttball routs and such.

*cough*Pyrotech*cough*

0/30/16 spec seems kind of broken good right now. Gonna have to play it for myself to see what's up. Played 8 games two days ago with a Sorc on my server who was hitting 680-750k every game, when the next highest damage on either team would be like 380k. I mean I've never seen that kind of discrepancy in damage before. These weren't full length Civil War or Voidstars. These were like 6-1 Huttball routs and such.

Sorc can be 1st in dmg not cause of burst as i said and that was my point but cause of infliction on everybody.my problem is that i must use a 1.9 sec skill to hit for about 7k when most classes do that dmg on an instant skill.Also if my procs arent up i am screwed thats all.

*cough*Pyrotech*cough*

Yes but out of all that damage, how many kills did you actually have? At or below everyone else I'd assume. Being able to spam affliction on everyone is a nice damage booster on the chart, but you aren't going to kill anyone solely with DoT's. I ran 30/16 for 2 days, Lightning is still better over all. Our tree was tweaked so that major synergy revolved around using Thundering Blast, and the alacrity ability on a shorter cool down. Without those, you're gimping yourself. Lightning is the only tree the sorcerer has that has allowed me to melt non-tanks in less than 5-6 seconds. That's crucial when PvP'ing benefits completely from being able to kill a player before they have sufficient time to react.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.