Tournament of Champions 2.0 Discussion Thread

Riggz

What if we accepted guild donations if they were promised to be handed out to the wardens and the champions. For example 10 guilds donate 100k which I think is easy - champions get over 100k for winning and still some left over for wardens. If we do that plus cheap entrance fee - we have some money to work with workout anyone donating very much

That sounds like a good idea

Looking at the registration thread, I notice that barely anyone has signed up. If you signed up last time and have not signed up for this one, could you post below whether it's because:

(1) Too far away, don't know if I can attend yet.

(2) Too close to 2.0, my gear sucks so I don't want to sign up.

(3) I don't really care about it.

(4) BW destroyed my frame rate in 2.0

Or some other reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Just wanted to clear something up in regards to the seperate times for each tourney: will they all take place in the dueling pit in the middle? I found that to be a more suitable place for dueling for stealthies, much more than the random open desert that didn't have any real boundries lol.

Oh, and just a little thought:

What if we accepted guild donations if they were promised to be handed out to the wardens and the champions. For example 10 guilds donate 100k which I think is easy - champions get over 100k for winning and still some left over for wardens. If we do that plus cheap entrance fee - we have some money to work with workout anyone donating very much

The idea of giving credits to the champion for each tourney would take away the friendly competitive spirit, imo. If it's a large sum, then the mindset could possibly change away from winning just for the fun of dueling to winning/competing for credits. Perhaps, there should just be donations for the people working to put together a great tourney, and giving out a small cash prize rather than a larger one would be more symbolic to people in the goal of maintaining a fun and competitive atmosphere. :)

Yes, I would like all matches in the pit. Unfortunately, due to low sign ups, this event may be cancelled.

That's a shame to hear. Hopefully more people will sign up though, before the 10th that is xD