150 Basic Com Schematics: Lvl 53 better then token Ears?

veyl

Is this an incorrect tooltip?

[artifact] microfilament cardio d-relay ---- Crafted level 53, 150 basic coms schematic.

166 endurance

163 cunning

79 power

74 alacrity

Arcanian Field Tech's device ---- Unassembled Arkanian Earpiece , Level 55.

156 endurance

143 cunning

98 power

72 surge

Black Market Mender's mk-1 relay ------ 100 elite coms, level 55

173 endurance

143 cunning

81 power

72 alacrity

Just seems that a Level 53 is better then the Black Market piece (at a cost of 100 elite coms...which is steep) and just behind the Arkanian ear.

That level 53 should be level 55, right?

Edited by veyl

Is this an incorrect tooltip?

[artifact] microfilament cardio d-relay ---- Crafted level 53, 150 basic coms schematic.

166 endurance

163 cunning

79 power

74 alacrity

Arcanian Field Tech's device ---- Unassembled Arkanian Earpiece , Level 55.

156 endurance

143 cunning

98 power

72 surge

Black Market Mender's mk-1 relay ------ 100 elite coms, level 55

173 endurance

143 cunning

81 power

72 alacrity

Just seems that a Level 53 is better then the Black Market piece (at a cost of 100 elite coms...which is steep) and just behind the Arkanian ear.

That level 53 should be level 55, right?

ART 53= 50.77 BD

ARK= 51.14 BD

BM= 47.23 BD

There is not much difference in END and main stat contribution to crit, so in the end, it boils down to what you want to carry, Surge or Alacrity. For an IA/SM, I probably would carry Alacrity on an earpiece (assuming you are DPS).

Correct me if I'm wrong but could that [Artifact] be re'ed into Expert or Overkill versions? If so it would be far superior to any of the other pieces

I haven't purchased any yet, so I'm not positive, but I would imagine that these ones cannot be Reverse Engineered for upgrades. If they can, then they would certainly outdo even the Verpine (top tier comm. purchased) pieces.

With the apparent changes to the how main stat affects secondary stats, I would probably take the Arkanian's greater power stat before the higher cunning on the crafted one.

Except that the secondary stat is surge on the Arkanian while the crafted has Alacrity. Ultimately, that distinction is probably the decider for folks: do you need the surge or alacrity in that slot?

Oh, and as a follow-up: You cannot RE these pieces - not just that you cannot learn anything; you cannot even RE them (though it does appear to be a bug, as it says Requires Cybertech (430) on the tooltip, which I obviously have if I crafted the thing)

And to the OP: These are, in fact, level 53 requirements. I went ahead and made one and I was able to equip it while leveling.

Oh, and as a follow-up: You cannot RE these pieces - not just that you cannot learn anything; you cannot even RE them (though it does appear to be a bug, as it says Requires Cybertech (430) on the tooltip, which I obviously have if I crafted the thing).

If you haven't already reported that via the in-game bug report tool, please do so. I am facing a similar problem with Armormech lvl 54 orange gloves. I cannot RE them (I want the mk-9 augment components). It says "Requires Armormech (440)", but I can't RE them at lvl 450. I have submitted a bug report, but have not received any information when asking about it here on the forum.

I even made a video describing the problem, and linked it in my bug report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L10s_Pr21fw&hd=1

Hopefully, if more people bug report these RE problems, they will get some attention.

• 4 weeks later...
Beg your pardon folks, but where exactly do you purchase these schematics? I've looked high and low, haven't found them anywhere. Would very much like to get them for my crafters.

Beg your pardon folks, but where exactly do you purchase these schematics? I've looked high and low, haven't found them anywhere. Would very much like to get them for my crafters.

They are on a vendor next to the crew skills supply vendor on the fleet.

The 150 comms schematics are great, but they're hard/expensive to mass-produce, since they require vials of stabilized Isotope-5 (at least the one I got did, not 100% sure about the others). Edited by NLxAROSA

The 150 comms schematics are great, but they're hard/expensive to mass-produce, since they require vials of stabilized Isotope-5 (at least the one I got did, not 100% sure about the others).

Vial is what... 35 comms, and can be mailed... with 4 alts lev 50, you should get at least 4 a day. Besides, that isotope-5 makes those earpieces implants bit more expensive than "standard" purples from schematics.