Subscription Hunnh?

Jrpm

I was just notified at login that my subscription status had changed. based on the various pages, my subscription had been cancelled. When I looked at my payments, it seems no payments have been collected this year. There should have bee an automatic charge.

1-why wasn't I notified that there was apparently an issue with my account? Apparently, the only problem was a date that needed to be changed.

2-I was already a little po'd at having to re skill all my avatars yesterday. This does not make me feel better.

I am staying subsribed. SWTOR has become my second favorite online game (it feel from first for reasons that are more in the other game rather than any nasties here, but that game shall be nameless.) but I would like to know why I had to reskill 10 avatars. Saving the counts should be an inconsequential task.

How I got 3 months in without notification is one of my issues, but more a heads up. for others I have updated my account. I don't want to give too many details on that for security reasons.. I would think courtesy (to me, or greed by THEM) should have a notification I have not seen, or don't remember.

As for the reskilling, just because everyone had to do it doesn't make it less irritating. And as an ex programmer, I know it should have been easy to avoid.

As for the reskilling, just because everyone had to do it doesn't make it less irritating. And as an ex programmer, I know it should have been easy to avoid.

o really?

They rewrote the skill trees for 2.0 you know. Meaning..... skill points pre-2.0 were no longer valid post-2.0.

2-I was already a little po'd at having to re skill all my avatars yesterday. This does not make me feel better.

Say wat?!? What game do you play that when they totally revamp talent trees, ie. change/remove skills, add new skills, that you don't have to re skill your talent tree???!?? If they didn't people would be upset they didn't refund your points to accommodate all the new changes. Currently subs get free skill mentor ability, but F2P doesn't so it wouldn't be community friendly.

I know I'm glad they did because I changed a lot of my characters specs based on these radical changes.

How I got 3 months in without notification is one of my issues, but more a heads up. for others I have updated my account. I don't want to give too many details on that for security reasons.. I would think courtesy (to me, or greed by THEM) should have a notification I have not seen, or don't remember.

Being an ex-programmer probably means you weren't very good at it, but regardless; the skill trees changed, if they had left the skill points as they were then you would have different skills and complained about that as well. Some people just need to complain, only way to feel better about themselves I suppose.

Well, if your sub was supposed to be charged automatically, I wouldn't necessarily say it's your fault. I would have assumed you would get some sort of confirmation e-mail though that your account/card had been charged.

Mistakes happen though - had a sub with SWG for almost 2 years, SOE never actually charged me a dime

/shrug - I sure wasn't gonna tell them

1- whether or not I was any good as a programmer, I am a retired Database Administrator who designed, programmed and built some of the largest databases in their day, including at one time what I was told was the largest unclassified relational database around. I wrote utilities, TSRs and apps from DOS360 to MVS to Unix to Linux to MS-DOS...........I am retired, not fired. As I have said elsewhere, I have programmed in languages others can't spell (can you spell C ?)

2- There has to be a better way than to complety reskill, like have the trainer (every port sees to have one) give subscribers a free option to do so, or to change a couple or something. I am really a casual player in all my MMO's and don't necessarily remember what my choices were.

3- I admit this thread was more a rant/kvetch than anything else. but have you read the other threads? this is mild. And I am staying a subscriber.

maybe I am just shaking my cane at you whippersnappers:o, but nothing in Support seemed to coincide with my kvetch, so General it was.

May the Schwartz be with you.

1- whether or not I was any good as a programmer, I am a retired Database Administrator who designed, programmed and built some of the largest databases in their day, including at one time what I was told was the largest unclassified relational database around. I wrote utilities, TSRs and apps from DOS360 to MVS to Unix to Linux to MS-DOS...........I am retired, not fired. As I have said elsewhere, I have programmed in languages others can't spell (can you spell C ?)

2- There has to be a better way than to complety reskill, like have the trainer (every port sees to have one) give subscribers a free option to do so, or to change a couple or something. I am really a casual player in all my MMO's and don't necessarily remember what my choices were.

3- I admit this thread was more a rant/kvetch than anything else. but have you read the other threads? this is mild. And I am staying a subscriber.

maybe I am just shaking my cane at you whippersnappers:o, but nothing in Support seemed to coincide with my kvetch, so General it was.

no idea what your on about with 1. 2 that option already exists and we can have holo trainers that follow us everywhere and to which we have new skill trees i dont think they will let you keep the old one no matter how you ask. For redoing skills ourself its in legacy unlocks, 3 enjoy the game.

Edited by Shingara

Perhaps check with your credit card company. I'm on a 3-month recurring sub and the anti-fraud folks with my credit card held up my automatic payment two different times, which let my sub lapse. All it took was a quick call to let them know that it was legit.

• 2 weeks later...

I alos had been given NO notification of a failled sub. Yet, after 2 months away, I log back in to find my sub cancelled.

NO email. NO notification what so ever.

Yes, I've always had money available on my card.

Yes, I ALWAYS check my junk mail.

No, not a happy camper to log back in.

Now I've re-subbed, I get an instant email notifying me that I'm a subscriber.... Yet NOTHING, about the sub lapsing/not being paid/getting cancelled.....

Say wat?!? What game do you play that when they totally revamp talent trees, ie. change/remove skills, add new skills, that you don't have to re skill your talent tree???!?? If they didn't people would be upset they didn't refund your points to accommodate all the new changes. Currently subs get free skill mentor ability, but F2P doesn't so it wouldn't be community friendly.

I know I'm glad they did because I changed a lot of my characters specs based on these radical changes.

Didn't you read?? He's an ex-programmer, and this could easily have been avoided!!!

:p

I alos had been given NO notification of a failled sub. Yet, after 2 months away, I log back in to find my sub cancelled.

NO email. NO notification what so ever.

Yes, I've always had money available on my card.

Yes, I ALWAYS check my junk mail.

No, not a happy camper to log back in.

Now I've re-subbed, I get an instant email notifying me that I'm a subscriber.... Yet NOTHING, about the sub lapsing/not being paid/getting cancelled.....

To be clear, you are implying that it isn't an issue with your account/bank, but that Bioware just decided they didn't need your money and cancelled you for no reason?

err, C+++

Not really, several abilities were rewritten or deleted, and the top ability required 5 more skill points, a total reset while annoying was the only real option.

Okay rant away, but be careful of that cane, you could have someones eye out with that.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.....

But your credit card probably expired and you got a new one. Hence the date change. That is your problem to be honest, you need to update your account info. I'm also assuming an email was sent as soon as they could not bill your credit card, but you over looked it, deleted it or it went into a spam folder.

As for the new skills, that is what happens when they revamp skill trees. Happens in every large MMO. Also, why are you redoing your skills on all over you "toons"? Just redo them in the characters you want to play. If you're playing 10 characters all at once, then I don't know what to tell you. Which case you are spending a great deal of time on your second favorite game, I would hate to hear how much you play your favorite.

Prison.....dumdum duuuuummmmmmm

Cryo-sleep.

If you're playing 10 characters all at once, then I don't know what to tell you. Which case you are spending a great deal of time on your second favorite game, I would hate to hear how much you play your favorite.

Especially if his first favorite is google whacking.

Edited by branmakmuffin

To be clear, you are implying that it isn't an issue with your account/bank, but that Bioware just decided they didn't need your money and cancelled you for no reason?

I know, I know, it is preposterous & absurd to think that a company would willingly do that.

I am not actually implying anything. All sorts of things may have happened - bad comms between banks, for example.

My beef is there was no notification of sub loss/cancellation/missed payment/ending of term.

If I'd received ANY notification i would have corrected the issue instantly. I've been subbed since game start & am happy for BW to have my cash - as long as I continue to enjoy the game. I am one of the folk who actually loves this game, & as stated, am happy to pay for it - even when life & work drag me away for 2 months!!

Just a single email saying "hey, you let your sub lapse doofus!", would've been a good thing from a customer service point of view, instead of a long term customer logging in & getting the message "You are no longer subbed & have been reduced to a 'preffered status' player"....

To be honest, it felt like I've been supporting the game since get-go, & just because I've not played for two months I get removed form the list of cool kids....

As for this one:

How do you get 4 months into a year without realising that regular sub payments haven't been taken out?

If somebody has a 180 Day sub, then it'd be easy not to see the transaction - even after 4 months.....that's a 6 month sub, so it only debits your account every 180 days, not each month.

Anyways, the most important thing is I've now got time to play again & am resubbed.....just would've liked a heads up that something went awry!

G

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.