2.0 Tanking stats?

Naritara

Yea I thought so, didnt think the Absorb/shield would be that high tho, pretty crazy :eek:

So in any point, I didnt think we needed Acc but have heard from others that now we need it coz it applies to force now as well not just melee/tech.

Absorption (60%) = Shield (65%) > Defense (20%) >= Endurance > Willpower >= Accuracy (110%)

As I thought this stupid garbage is copy/pasted from Noxxic.com, a website that is absolutely wrong about absolutely everything.

Just when I thought noxxic could not get any more stupid, it updates itself with stuff that is even more stupid than ever before.

20% defense is too low for even a poorly geared assassin even at level 55.

65% shield even with dark ward up and 60% absorption are completely impossible to get now.

(also note that when you tell your shield chance for assassin you should always specify if the number is with or without dark ward, something that noxxic always fails to do.)

For a level 55

20% defense takes less than 300 defense rating. Less than you probably would have even if still in your level 50 gear.

65% shield chance (even with dark ward active) would take about 1500 shield rating (and many times more if without it)

60% absorption would take 2300 absorption rating

So the amounts of shield rating and absorb rating are many times higher than the highest possible amount of those stats that you could ever have in your gear currently.

And we are not going to see those kinds of numbers at level 55 ever, even with any higher gear tiers they might add in the future.

And as a side note:

Funny thing is that the 65% shield chance and 60% absorption would have been good numbers back in the past in SWTOR 1.6-1.7

And before someone says "maybe noxxic just did not update their numbers since 1.7", I can tell you for sure that they did upddate. Back in 1.7 and before they had some other completely different really stupid numbers too (like 50%/50%) which although possible to achieve were really bad and not even close to optimal. And the numbers they had back then, were not even outdated, but completely wrong. Now then after 1.7 is over and we have moved to 2.0 they only after that added numbers that would have been fine back in 1.7, but are now impossible to reach.

And even then their number for defense is way wrong. Their value for defense does not belong together with those shield/absorb numbers.

Good numbers for a level 50 back in 1.7 (and I suppose in case of assassin they can still go for these if they don't have the expansion and can't level to 55, but stay at 50) in fully optimized dread guard gear, would have been 30% defense, 45% shield chance (which is 65% with dark ward up) and 60% absorption.

So even if they meant their crap numbers for level 50 (which is absurd, since guides unless otherwise specified should be for endgame) they would still be wrong since the they had the defense so very wrong.

For level 55

percentages are probably going to be somewhere near around

25% defense

35% shield (= 55% with dark ward)

35% absorption

Now these are very vague estimates with relatively large margin of error

And I don't really like giving exact percentages anymore because the optimal percentages change as your total stat budget changes with better gear and the ratios of how much of each stat you want compared to each-other will change too as you go

PS.

Most of the other stuff Noxxic tells you are completely wrong, including their explanations about how some stats works and many other things.

Edited by Eternalnight

Currentlywith stat budgets it is possible to get roughly a 25/42/42 build with 36%DR. But this is with the new 28 augs and full 72 gear min maxing. The problem is we are expected to use some stat budget to put into accuracy. Which honestly in my opinion isn't worth while as long as you can keep your own damn Agro so it's not too much of a concern.

Edit: closer to a 25/40/40

Edited by mastirkal

I'd be interested in seeing some testing done on Accuracy. I'm sure people have noticed the same thing as me, that being mobs outright resisting things like Shock, Discharge, and Wither. It may be important to tack on at least a modicum of Accuracy so boss mobs aren't routinely resisting our most threatening abilities.

I'd be interested in seeing some testing done on Accuracy. I'm sure people have noticed the same thing as me, that being mobs outright resisting things like Shock, Discharge, and Wither. It may be important to tack on at least a modicum of Accuracy so boss mobs aren't routinely resisting our most threatening abilities.

Accuracy is still (so far) pretty pointless. The occasional resist isn't gonna kill your threat gen. If for whatever reason you *are* having issues, then I would add it sparingly.

As far as tanking stats go...... The tanking section of the forums has all the current data as far as percentage spreads. Right now it is a toss up between two different spreads. Keyboardninja's math leans more towards Defense, while Dipstik's is towards Absorb.

The difference between the two is because there is a question unanswered about what percentages of incoming damage are what type (kinetic vs internal....that kinda stuff). Once people start posting more logs (which is something we ALL can do to contribute to the cause) then I'm pretty sure the two spreads will close in on each other and come together for optimal numbers.

may be important to tack on at least a modicum of Accuracy so boss mobs aren't routinely resisting

Accuracy is still not needed, especially not against bosses. I don't know why people are so worried about bosses resisting few times every now and then. Holding aggro on bosses is the easiest of all things. Just spam taunts. The only time you have any risk of loosing aggro is at the first few seconds into the fight, but as the fight goes on longer you should be able to put yourself so far ahead of everyone else in threat that there is no chance they will ever catch up even if your attacks get resisted few times.

The only situation where mobs resisting due to tank not having accuracy might cause some (minor) problems is aoe heavy trash pulls where your first wither or discharge might not hit every mob in range if some of them resist, but even these problems can be overcome with moderate amount of tanking skills.

Edited by Eternalnight

• 2 weeks later...
Yea I have found this actually after settling in on KBN's numbers, Im a lot easier to heal even in full BM gear now even my heals have said they've noticed a difference, still get smashed on big hits but thems the breaks, thats what Shroud is for XD

As far as tanking stats go...... The tanking section of the forums has all the current data as far as percentage spreads. Right now it is a toss up between two different spreads. Keyboardninja's math leans more towards Defense, while Dipstik's is towards Absorb.

Can you provide links please?

Can you provide links please?

You've got KBN's and Dipstik's

And since that was posted a couple weeks ago, pretty much what I stated has happened. The spreads have pretty much come together and those two geniuses are pretty much in sync with each other.

It's actually almost kinda creepy....I'm almost willing to bet that those two are just two halves of one giantastical-math-uber-brain with separate hemispherical identities. Hard part is figuring out which one is the left half and which is the right.

Either way, I love those guys.

Edited by Grumpftard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.