[Petition to BW] Remove bolster from 55 and put it back on PTS

Monterone

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not signed.

Although it's not perfect atm, I would rather they kept it than having to deal with teams of 4+ greenies against fully geared Empire teams. THAT was no fun in pre 2.0.

What's different my premades still smash the teams we play. Bads will always be bad.

Not signed.

Give people an inch and they take a mile. If its not bolster people are all teary eyed about, its scamper, or troll bubble, or snipers, or really anything in this game down to how the story flows. People find a reason to ***** and moan and complain and really just keep Walmart in business on Kleenex alone. Unless numbers, facts, and a legitimate argument is presented (more than just "I dont like it!" or "How dare they make my gear obsolete by progressing the game forward!"), then sit down and shut up. You know as well as I and everyone else that BW isnt going to listen to you.

The game is progressing. At some point Partisan and Conqueror gear will be obsolete after months of hard time put into to grinding them and min maxing them. Everyone gonna cry then? Likely. Welcome to an MMORPG, if you dont like it, the un-sub button is in your account settings. Oh, and good luck trying to find an MMO that always stays the same.

/thread

well i was standing next to a guy in pve gear and i have full first level pvp gear at 55 and i had the same expertise as him. MAKE THEM WORK FOR IT NOW THEY HAVE BETTER GEAR AND HAVE FREE EXPERTISE AND WILL GET GEAR FASTER THAN THE PVP PLAYERS YOU NEED TO FIX THIS IT TAKES ONE FP TO GET A PIECE OF ELITE PVE GEAR IT TAKES A DAY TO GET PVP GEAR HALF AS GOOD. SO YOU SCREWED ALL PVP PLAYERS AND NOW YOU HAVE PVE PLAYERS WITH BOTH MORE HP AND STATS COMING IN AND SLOWING THE REAL PVP PLAYERS FROM GETTING GEAR BECAUSE YOU SCREWED THE PVP PLAYERS. WELL THEY GET FREE EXPERTISE AND WE GET LESS STATS AND LESS EXPERTISE GOOD JOB

The game is progressing. At some point Partisan and Conqueror gear will be obsolete after months of hard time put into to grinding them and min maxing them.

*** does that have to do with removing a buff from end game PvP? Seriously, if you are going to QQ about a topic, then STAY ON TOPIC.

/Thread...

Not signed.

Give people an inch and they take a mile. If its not bolster people are all teary eyed about, its scamper, or troll bubble, or snipers, or really anything in this game down to how the story flows. People find a reason to ***** and moan and complain and really just keep Walmart in business on Kleenex alone. Unless numbers, facts, and a legitimate argument is presented (more than just "I dont like it!" or "How dare they make my gear obsolete by progressing the game forward!"), then sit down and shut up. You know as well as I and everyone else that BW isnt going to listen to you.

The game is progressing. At some point Partisan and Conqueror gear will be obsolete after months of hard time put into to grinding them and min maxing them. Everyone gonna cry then? Likely. Welcome to an MMORPG, if you dont like it, the un-sub button is in your account settings. Oh, and good luck trying to find an MMO that always stays the same.

/thread

You have no idea what you are talking about. pve gear should never be better than pvp gear period.

SIGNED !!!! Get rid of thie BULLSHI! Bolster crap where we tailor to pve cause there a bunch of whiners. If they cant handle it they shouldn't pvp , Plain and Simple !! Let pvp players pvp and let pve players pve . If either one wants to do the other they have to grind to get the good gear . THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT !! I dont see the Devs tailoring to pvp players so they can have Bolster PVE and that's just wrong !!

/signed

I am so angry and annoyed with this so called "fix"! I have been a continuous subscriber since the start and a lot of things have annoyed me in the past but this decision really has me thinking about quitting the game completely.

*** does that have to do with removing a buff from end game PvP? Seriously, if you are going to QQ about a topic, then STAY ON TOPIC.

/Thread...

Im not QQing (Not like you even know what that means lol).

Im not sure if this is the first thread youve seen on bolster, but many is not most are upset that thier old gear is now out of date due to the changes. My post addressed this one, and then I extended it to address the gearing issue as well.

If you are going to counter, do so with logic please.

Here is your /argument

Next.

You have no idea what you are talking about. pve gear should never be better than pvp gear period.

And its not.

Right now if Have full partisan on two toons, and am three pieces into conqueror. If I replace these peices with 63 PvE gear (My dread guard set), my HP is higher yes and so is main stat, however I have less EXP (the PvP stat), and less secondary stats with about the same bonus damage/healing.

This is untrue. Some people like the changes. And most the people who like it and/or are waiting to see how it plays out don't come to the forums to post.

Exactly this. The vast majority of content or otherwise satisfied customers never complain or feel a need to chime into most public mediums of communication so what you have going public mostly are the discontent, ignorant, naive or otherwise dissatisfied. I wouldn't count on the vocal minority but I also would not ignore it completely. As a whole the new Bolster system was working as was intended, it was not intended to keep obsolete last content tier gear at the top, it was intended to lower and tighten the gap between the top tier and bottom tier, this it did beautifully and almost perfectly. The outcry I assume was because people were not happy that they could no longer overwhelm those in lesser gear with their previously top tier gear. Unfortunately BW listened to these people but fortunately the shift was not big and the new paradigm stays: Skill>Gear. For the record several of my friends and I spent weeks, months grinding BM, WH, and EWH and consider ourselves to be fairly active if not hardcore PvPers yet still find the new Bolster system brings much to the table while taking away very little.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.