GTN Improvements

Jendor

Friday Bump, Question: has anyone noticed the GTN locking out a-lot quicker since 2.0 i.e list more than 3-4 items at peak times and you are no longer able to list more (need to switch instances/logout)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happens when you post items too quickly. Typically it happens to me when GTN is freezing up taking 5-10 seconds to post stuff, so I'm using the term 'quickly' very loosely lol... just another thing I absolutely grind my teeth about with GTN...

I tend to find when the fleet has 200+ on it will happen within 4/5 quick lists then i switch instances and all seems ok again

I entirely agree. I wish GTN was improved over the year or so this game as been alive...but barely anything has changed since Beta. :(

Honestly absolutely nothing has been done to upgrade it, and it was acceptable to me during beta, and then maybe even a few months after release but the lack of focus on improving the core elements of this game after all this time is really pissing me off.

I can think of literally tons of things off the top of my head that could be done to improve it...

I mean who the hell uses the cost range feature??? I've NEVER used it, because its worthless and completely misleading for stacked items because it would only be useful for none stacked items!!! but lets flip it up! If they turned that into a "cost per unit range" instead it would actually be worth something...

And thats another thing, I want to be able to arrange prices not by total bundle cost, but by cheapest per unit! I'M TIRED OF GOING TO THE LAST PAGE BACK and slowly scrolling through each price to find the best deal per unit... THEN by the time i find the cheapest one and buy it and check my mail im getting a refund because someone beat me to it!!!

How about implementing multi selectable check boxes so you can be more specific on stats and ect. instead of the unspecific drag down menu's that leave you clicking through pages and pages of stuff you don't care to look at for...

FOR GOD SAKES MOVE THAT DAMN RESET BUTTON UNDER THE "Create Sale" button, I can't count how many times I've accidentally clicked that instead of the sale button! Its like 10 freaking pixels away from each other!

FIX THE GTN FREEZE BUG! I'm tired of having to swap instances, locations, or relogging! AHHHH!

EA, BIOWARE, DEVS, Eric Musco, Amber Green, or whoever needs to give some overdue feedback in these suggestion forums and atleast take 1 idea an update from this place and we will get the ball rolling... stop implementing new crap and fix what is dragging this game down! How about you hire me and I'll organize a list of features that need to be improved/implemented, WILL WORK FOR FREE SUB FEE!

Bogging this game down with literal crap that is stricly cosmetic is a waste of time when there is much work to be done on GTN, Group Finder, and the dozens of bugs that plague me each 1 hour session I am in this game...

Edited by chriscshunter

I would really love to see this. In The Game That Must Not Be Named, I subscribed to online AH so I could do all my admin from the web interface when I couldn't be in game. I'm an AH addict. But the GTN made me really frustrated when I came to SWTOR at early access, and nothing's been improved really since.

Also in The Game TMNBN, we were able to use add-ons to increase functionality. As SWTOR doesn't permit this (not that I mind, cause Recount ruined every PUG it touched imho), they have a greater burden to deliver enhancements themselves. I prefer SWTOR. I cancelled my TGTMNBN sub a long time ago. However, given my love of buy-low sell-high and crafting, these QOL improvements would be bliss.

I'm concerned this isn't seeing the devs at the right time, due to timezone differences anyone who is around feel free to bump this post in a more usa friendly time

hopefully we can see some sort of Dev Reaction as the interest is clearly there !

I like some of these, it would be really convenient.. but may actually push players to be more fair in their pricing, Oh no *sarcastic*! I do my math and research when I'm using the GTN, but I know a lot of people don't.

Love the list, help me support my Guild Overhaul too, if I stumble on any ideas that belong here, I'll post em here. You're free to use any related stuff from mine as well.

When searching for crafting recipes on the GTN, the recipes I don't already know are highlighted, which is great. What would be just a little bit better though is if we could click a box to completely hide recipes we already know. If we could do this for things like emotes, pets, etc. we already have that would also be great.

I would really love to see this. In The Game That Must Not Be Named, I subscribed to online AH so I could do all my admin from the web interface when I couldn't be in game. I'm an AH addict. But the GTN made me really frustrated when I came to SWTOR at early access, and nothing's been improved really since.

Also in The Game TMNBN, we were able to use add-ons to increase functionality. As SWTOR doesn't permit this (not that I mind, cause Recount ruined every PUG it touched imho), they have a greater burden to deliver enhancements themselves. I prefer SWTOR. I cancelled my TGTMNBN sub a long time ago. However, given my love of buy-low sell-high and crafting, these QOL improvements would be bliss.

Your love of profiteering off people trying to help the public?

Edited by Spatology

When searching for crafting recipes on the GTN, the recipes I don't already know are highlighted, which is great. What would be just a little bit better though is if we could click a box to completely hide recipes we already know. If we could do this for things like emotes, pets, etc. we already have that would also be great.

Very nice addition to an already impressive list of improvements!

I'm sure this has been raised before, but a few simple QoL improvements would make help the GTN experience so much more fluid:

Updated 10/05/13 - see change log for updates (scroll to the bottom)

[*]Remember value - when listing the same crafted item multiple times you have to type in your price every single time, implement a system where the GTN remembers the last price I listed item X for and automatically fills the sale price with that item

[*]Faster Payment - I can get a real world cash transfer quicker than I can get my credits for a purchase, I'm not expecting this should be instant I can understand a small delay but an hour seems unreasonable for a GTN sale, this is a minor point but a valid one all the same.

[*]Sale Screen Enhancements - would be nice to have but not essential - a column that tells you the current lowest price (or price per unit if a stack) for the item on sale, as most for stacks either match the lowest listed price or undercut by, this would allow you at a glance to see the lowest price and make your decision from there, This could also be implemented as a column on the list of items currently up for purchase, allowing you to see at a glance if your selling for the lowest price or if someone is undercutting you (thus stimulating the market slightly ?)

[*]Stack Spliting Having the ability to split stacks in the GTN window would be a great support to sellers who sell crewskill/other stacked items instead of having to laboriously split them one by one - Credit to Tatile

[*]Longer Listing Times Somtimes when listing higher value items it's not expected they will always sell in 2 days, so how about allowing the option for longer listing times for example 3-5 days - Credit to Sigmaringen

Agree with all the buyerparts + id like to add:

Separate category for gift + let us select grade and type!

Same for ingredients, let us select grade and type!

For the seller Sale

Screen Enhancements[/b] - would be nice to have but not essential - a column that tells you the current lowest price (or price per unit if a stack) for the item on sale, as most for stacks either match the lowest listed price or undercut by, this would allow you at a glance to see the lowest price and make your decision from there, This could also be implemented as a column on the list of items currently up for purchase, allowing you to see at a glance if your selling for the lowest price or if someone is undercutting you (thus stimulating the market slightly ?)

Is what i disagree with. If you want to be active on the market do your own research. This would just mean everyone puts up their item for 1 credits less then the previous.

Because currently it takes effort to do this i find not a whole lot of people do this :)

Great ideas! I'd love to see them implemented. Maybe a couple at a time. Would be nice to see some more QOL feature in game implemented. (Would be nice to see more real content too.. but we will take what we get in MMO worlds)

Great ideas! I'd love to see them implemented. Maybe a couple at a time. Would be nice to see some more QOL feature in game implemented. (Would be nice to see more real content too.. but we will take what we get in MMO worlds)

Yeah I mean this isn't all expected to be updated in one patch. To me it would be exceptional if the Devs recognized this thread and just put in 1 piece at a time. I would be thrilled to see each patch if they would just improve upon whats already existing before adding new content.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I really get weary of paging through at least 10 screens of "Custom-built Lightsaber" recipes just to get to 10 more pages of crystal recipes I already have before I finally find something that I DON'T have. And let's not even talk about the pages and pages of those same 3 new Armormech glove recipes. *shudder*

Vendor value, value pricing and adjusted value pricing for sales.

Vendor value would list how much you would earn from vendoring an item. This allows you to put an item in the market for a profit

Value pricing would be what the devs believe the item is worth. Some items have this while others are entered at 5 credits. This way you know how competitive an item is based on the value pricing and the adjusted value pricing set by the players with the supply and demand.

Vendor value, value pricing and adjusted value pricing for sales.

Vendor value would list how much you would earn from vendoring an item. This allows you to put an item in the market for a profit

Value pricing would be what the devs believe the item is worth. Some items have this while others are entered at 5 credits. This way you know how competitive an item is based on the value pricing and the adjusted value pricing set by the players with the supply and demand.

Another great improvement!

Another thought, maybe it's already been mentioned, but when searching for crafting mats we should be able to sort by stack size.

Also, the GTN shows us how much of a deposit we have to pay to list an item, but if it would also tell us how much we will be charged when the item sells, that would be helpful.

Updated guys ! thanks for the activity, been buys working these past few weeks so been unable to bump great to see the thread gaining so much love :), make sure you Tweet/share to a dev & subscribe to the thread for updates !

Another thought, maybe it's already been mentioned, but when searching for crafting mats we should be able to sort by stack size.

Also, the GTN shows us how much of a deposit we have to pay to list an item, but if it would also tell us how much we will be charged when the item sells, that would be helpful.

your first suggestion although not mentioned is covered I'd say with the Cost Per Unit Header which would alleviate that need some what i think

second idea .. added :)