where is everyone on a full server?

MaverikB

Granted I'm barely a level 9 Bounty hunter, but I've seen maybe only 10 people on my starting planet.

does it open up more at some point or is overall traffic in other areas low on purpose?

I can recall during the SWG glory days running into thousands of players on any given planet which is the only other MMO I have experience (both launch and NGE)

oh hey... everyone turbo'd to the top of the game. because everyone knows that the game doesn't begin till the end level... oh yea you get so much more for doing quests from level 15 at 50.

/sarcasm off

oh hey i laugh at those that hit the top levels and then start whining there isn't any content for them to play.... well i've found alot. oh hey there's a side area to become a follower of the god REVAN... oh hey there's a side arc to deal with a rogue sith... and escaped slaves... that's all content!!!! lol

Darth Freki

ps: to many rush to the end because that's where they think they'll like the game better... i disagree.

Granted I'm barely a level 9 Bounty hunter, but I've seen maybe only 10 people on my starting planet.

does it open up more at some point or is overall traffic in other areas low on purpose?

I can recall during the SWG glory days running into thousands of players on any given planet which is the only other MMO I have experience (both launch and NGE)

I guess I have to ask, were the "10" you saw actually what you counted and physically saw? Or, was that the number in your "STARTER INSTANCE" that can be found in the upper left corner of your screen just above the chat window? I for one have never seen "10" or less in that upper left window. In fact, I have seen 30 to 100 more times then not.....and that in one of several instances.

And by the way, the number in the upper left is only on YOUR area...not the entire server. :cool:

I meant at any given time I've only ever seen like 10 people max and usually its less: around 1-5 other people. I'm not talking about windows or anything. I mean actually in front of me playing in game. =)

again, I've only ever played SWG but i would run into people constantly and would need their help or they would need mine. My first few hours playing SWG I was already invited to guilds lol. Today I spent 30 mins asking if anyone could help me and never got a response. Maybe the lack of talk bubbles or that chat is TL as opposed to center? don't know but doesn't feel like its a core mechanic of the game.

seems like everyone (at least so far) is playing their single player game / story and not much reason to interact. but I'm hoping this isn't the case as you progress.

I guess I have to ask, were the "10" you saw actually what you counted and physically saw? Or, was that the number in your "STARTER INSTANCE" that can be found in the upper left corner of your screen just above the chat window? I for one have never seen "10" or less in that upper left window. In fact, I have seen 30 to 100 more times then not.....and that in one of several instances.

And by the way, the number in the upper left is only on YOUR area...not the entire server. :cool:

oh hey... everyone turbo'd to the top of the game. because everyone knows that the game doesn't begin till the end level... oh yea you get so much more for doing quests from level 15 at 50.

/sarcasm off

oh hey i laugh at those that hit the top levels and then start whining there isn't any content for them to play.... well i've found alot. oh hey there's a side area to become a follower of the god REVAN... oh hey there's a side arc to deal with a rogue sith... and escaped slaves... that's all content!!!! lol

Darth Freki

ps: to many rush to the end because that's where they think they'll like the game better... i disagree.

That ''God'' Revan was beaten by me and some guildies in a mid level flashpoint yesterday, I got some nice loot, lololol, especially the speeder.

Also demolished HK-47.

I meant at any given time I've only ever seen like 10 people max and usually its less: around 1-5 other people. I'm not talking about windows or anything. I mean actually in front of me playing in game. =)

again, I've only ever played SWG but i would run into people constantly and would need their help or they would need mine. My first few hours playing SWG I was already invited to guilds lol. Today I spent 30 mins asking if anyone could help me and never got a response. Maybe the lack of talk bubbles or that chat is TL as opposed to center? don't know but doesn't feel like its a core mechanic of the game.

seems like everyone (at least so far) is playing their single player game / story and not much reason to interact. but I'm hoping this isn't the case as you progress.

Well zones are instanced so you won't be seeing much more people at the same time. ZOne population is more or less evenly distributed between those instances. During beta wekend i saw like 5 or more instances of Korriban. If you think about it it's not that bad. You don't have to wait 20 minutes for quest mobs to respawn.

Only crowded location is fleet.

And in addition to above I can also mention that the game itself can relog you automatically into a less populated "shard". For example my friend and I unlog on Coruscant 1. Next day, he relogs first and I join in abt an hour. He is still on C1, but I log in at C2. It is not a problem, but just shows that BioWare doe not want questing areas being overcrowded. And after playing Aion I kinda agree on this policy - no crowds camping quest mobs etc. And finding group for the initial instances is very easy as you only need 2-3 player max. I believe on later lvls we will see larger errr "population saturation per location" :)

I agree with camping quest areas being the suck. I remember my highend system (at the time) grinding to a halt trying to get into a holocron cave.

still, haven't seen many people in towns or rest areas which makes me feel like SWG post NGE when I lost multiple guilds. I'm hoping it opens up more, but right now am missing the random raids and great pvp group play.

This is a bit of a double edged sword, but yeah, they decided to go with multiple channels for worlds within each server. The disadvantage is clear, but there are advantages:

First of all it's good against lag issues.

Secondly, you don't have to worry so much about there not being enough mobs to kill for your quests or kill stealing.

I did find that the big disadvantage is that I end up not really playing any group content, because there's hardly ever anyone at the entrance of such heroic areas or flashpoints. The LFG in chat is still relatively empty so far.

What I find interesting is how far you have to walk everywhere and how few of a particular mob are in each area. It's often not every clear if there are more of the same mob in the next area and so you often are looking for more mobs or waiting for respawns, while an area further there are more of those mobs but nobody goes there. The fact that people are spread out over channels makes that problem less, but I can't help but feel that the mob placement could be better.