You've gone too far this time!

SWGEvictee

I'm not normally one to post a rant here on the forums but the sheer amount of wastefulness in the armoring in this game is going to drive me insane!!!

The color match system is imperfect. It quite often matches the chest colors in ways that are almost worse than no color match at all.

The constant requests for an ability to adjust the color of our gear ourselves appears to be falling on deliberately deaf ears.

But now! Now, one of the first bits of torso armor that has ever made my Sith Warrior sit up and say "I want that!" is given as a mission reward on Makeb and what do I see when I look at it?!? It's worse stat wise than what I am already wearing and it's UNMODDABLE!!! Why are you even bothering to give us gear that is guaranteed to be worse than what we are wearing and then make it completely useless? Save me the step and just put the meager bit of credits in my pocket directly! That way my inventory isn't needlessly cluttered up with items whose only use is to vendor off for credits while wishing desperately that it was wearable.

Come on guys! Your players have been begging since day one for more customization options. On the whole most players don't like looking just like a cookie cutter version of everyone else. Most of us crave the ability to pick and choose the look that suits us best. There are hundreds of clothing items in game that are never used simply because we can not put proper mods in them to make them useable for us. Further there are thousands of color variations on those clothing items, all of them absolutely wasted because your players are not allowed to make effective use of them.

I'm begging you, for the games sake, if you won't put in an ability to alter the colors on our gear at least open up all the items in game to accept mods.

Thank you for your time.

good thing this thread isn't ridiculous...it might not have been taken seriously :rolleyes:

If you're content with the wasted opportunities to achieve the look you really can be happy with thats fine, but please do not mock those who find it a large part of their enjoyment in game.

I am actually very serious about this. So many times I've had to throw away a look because the stats weren't upgradable that its hurting the game for me. I was so sick over the waste of that awesome chest plate last night that I shut the game down early. Anytime that starts happening it's not a good sign.

I agree with you on this..... My wife and I are very into our look, and we take the time and spend lots of money on our toons to get them to look great.. The only problem is, they do not look unique. It is very discouraging to get the look you want, to only see someone dressed the same way on the next planet.

Game Immersion would be greatly improved if we had a color pallet for our armor.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I believe almost all looks of green gear that drops on Makeb can be gained through post 400 crafting, doesnt it?

But yeah, would be nice to get a bit more Orange gear with mods as quest rewards.

Is it recrafted in a usable fashion or is it still in useless non moddable mode?

Appearance tabs, it's been said time and time again. There's a 28 chest piece for my smuggler that I would wear if I could. Appearance tabs would make this game so much better IMO, the options would be limitless.

The person who made SWG's appearance tab made the unify colors tab, EAware intentionally didn't want an appearance tab to force people into money sinks with removing mods, etc into orange gear.

TSW's apperance options would be amazing in this game when it comes to asthetics. That said with the title of this thread i thought someone has stolen his tauntan :D

I would cheerfully give up my Taun Taun for the ability to make effective use of all the items in game instead of only a small fraction of them.

If you're content with the wasted opportunities to achieve the look you really can be happy with thats fine, but please do not mock those who find it a large part of their enjoyment in game.

I am actually very serious about this. So many times I've had to throw away a look because the stats weren't upgradable that its hurting the game for me. I was so sick over the waste of that awesome chest plate last night that I shut the game down early. Anytime that starts happening it's not a good sign.

I guess, what he meant with being ridiculous, is your threads title.

I do agree with what you complain about, but I do not agree with the way you so it.

Bioware did not go to far this time, and not even you as the writer of that title do honestly think so.

If Bioware had really gone to far with just this one issue alone, then you would be canceling your subscription...

It is a matter to complain, okay... But isn't it for once possible to voice a complaint without being a drama queen ?

I suggest that you repost your thoughts (sans vitriol) in the suggestion box using a "just the facts Jack" subject line.

Frankly I wish that they would just give Synthweavers and Armormechers (perhaps even Armstechers) the ability to convert an unmodable item to an empty orange modable schematic for that exact same look. That way, if you find something you truly love, you could just call out on General Chat for an appropriate crafter to RE the schematic and craft you the mod-able version.

That would help with appearance customization AND give those crafts something new and meaningful to do.

I guess, what he meant with being ridiculous, is your threads title.

I do agree with what you complain about, but I do not agree with the way you so it.

Bioware did not go to far this time, and not even you as the writer of that title do honestly think so.

If Bioware had really gone to far with just this one issue alone, then you would be canceling your subscription...

It is a matter to complain, okay... But isn't it for once possible to voice a complaint without being a drama queen ?

I was dead serious about my title. If they hadn't pushed me too far this time I would have kept playing as I usually do when something in game irks me and certainly not waste my time posting about it.

This time I was bothered enough to stop playing that night, and still bothered enough the next day to post about it. So please in the future do not try to tell me what I honestly do or do not think about something.

I suggest that you repost your thoughts (sans vitriol) in the suggestion box using a "just the facts Jack" subject line.

Frankly I wish that they would just give Synthweavers and Armormechers (perhaps even Armstechers) the ability to convert an unmodable item to an empty orange modable schematic for that exact same look. That way, if you find something you truly love, you could just call out on General Chat for an appropriate crafter to RE the schematic and craft you the mod-able version.

That would help with appearance customization AND give those crafts something new and meaningful to do.

Players, including myself, have been making polite posts on this topic in the suggestion forum since they opened it. The silence all those posts have received is deafening.

I deliberately posted my vitriol here in General so its plain that even those who seldom complain can reach a breaking point.

I was dead serious about my title. If they hadn't pushed me too far this time I would have kept playing as I usually do when something in game irks me and certainly not waste my time posting about it.

This time I was bothered enough to stop playing that night, and still bothered enough the next day to post about it. So please in the future do not try to tell me what I honestly do or do not think about something.

Wow... just wow.

It's a game. Must not take games so seriously IMO. :)

Wow... just wow.

It's a game. Must not take games so seriously IMO. :)

Wow! That's pretty high handed of ya. Tell ya what I won't tell you what to take or not take seriously when you're paying for something and you can extend me the same courtesy.

Edited by SWGEvictee

Wow! That's pretty high handed of ya. Tell ya what I won't tell you what to take or not take seriously when you're paying for something and you can extend me the same courtesy.

Tell you what.... you are free to rant about whatever ailes you and I am free to comment about it when you decide to do it in a public forum. ;)

And by the way... most players do not have a problem feeling forced into cookie cutter looks. With the moddable armor system in this game.. it is incredibly easy to mix and match pieces to get very personalized, and very unique appearance results (even for our companions now days). Which is much better then most forced clown suit outfit systems in other MMOs where you have to wear specific gear to have competitive specs. Even the appearance tab feature in games like LoTRO does not result in much variety in the player base because the players all copy each other with the latest fad item available.

Edited by Andryah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.