Offhand Knife / Shotgun / Pistol lock

Solar_Breeze

Just bought Verpine Menders Knife on a character intending to add it to a legacy weapon - however I am unable to add the Barrel because it is 'Locked to a Knife slot'

Would really like to know who came up with the idea of locking something to a knife / shotgun or offhand gun because it is such an annoying thing to do - I understand that you want to stop people getting their main hand barrel from coms but just bind them all to 'Offhand' not to Knife / Shotgun / Pistol independently.

I've ticketed CS to get a refund but really hope this is picked up by the design team so a change can be made.

Warning to others attempting to do the same...

Not to mention that certain companions are going to get gimped becasue of that, for example Torian: it's useless to strip a Aim barrel from a ranged weapon and put it on Torian's melee weapon, it's locked... Edited by yoomazir

Not to mention that certain companions are going to get gimped becasue of that, for example Torian: it's useless to strip a Aim barrel from a ranged weapon and put it on Torian's melee weapon, it's locked...

Yeah exactly - same thing applys to mainhands and those.

Just bought Verpine Menders Knife on a character intending to add it to a legacy weapon - however I am unable to add the Barrel because it is 'Locked to a Knife slot'

Odd should be able to modd, after all qyzen has a Vibrosword with a blaster barrel in it and you can modd that, make a complaint it's probably a bug.

Not to mention that certain companions are going to get gimped becasue of that, for example Torian: it's useless to strip a Aim barrel from a ranged weapon and put it on Torian's melee weapon, it's locked...

Same thing applies to ALL DROID GEAR.

Odd should be able to modd, after all qyzen has a Vibrosword with a blaster barrel in it and you can modd that, make a complaint it's probably a bug.

No, this was brought up on the PTS and I don't believe Bioware ever addressed it. If they did, they probably said something about trying to bring Crafting back as the "go to" guys for advancing your gear. I'm not sure how the Crafters currently feel about that, but I think bitter laughter may be involved.

Its more the fact for me that there is no indication of this before you pull the item out of the knife.

When you pull the part out the knife can no longer be sold back to the vendor - and CS refuse to help "Item refunds are no longer an offered service" its quite annoying to say the least.

There should be some warning in game that it cannot be used outside of a knife part.

Additionally this now makes Mercs and Gunslingers the only classes possible to use legacy barrels on - Kind of annoying.