Is there a new build? : 2.0 patch

Canavet

You've not heard about this guy claiming to be able to be top heal and AND top dps with the new commando/merc tribride build?

This spec looked so good on paper especialy when the creator said he was stacking alacrity to switch cylinder/cell faster.

It was obvious that a build with less burst power, less substained damage power and less healing power combined to the same survivability would out dps and out heal everyone.

On top of that this tribride spec can beat the best 1v1 spec (deception infiltration) easily.

Indeed, I'm not serious. This tribride spec is pure garbage. It cant heal well,cant dps well and absolutly unable to win a 1v1.

The sad part of this is that the build really exist and the creator was really describing it as the new FOTM spec...and he was NOT trolling, he was serious. This build was trash on paper and is trash on the live server lol

Edited by Philelectric

Probably the most sad part of all this is that the changes to Alac, that were supposed to help Mercs/Commandos - yeah, i know, not made for it, but were supposed to help -, arent helping them at all. Still a class that u wouldnt want at all in a RankedWarzone neither in an Ops as Main Healer.

Now to be a decent healer u need to get more level - and level a Commando as healer when u have leveled a Sage give u the taste of "underpowered" in every bit -, more gear and more skill (not even think in heal a RedReaper if u arent skilled in the class, u will fail miserably). As DPS like allways; spamming Grav Rounds for the procs and Full Auto. And in PvP like allways; spamming ur defenses all the time and dieing nearly instantly when they see u used them all.

I don't believe there is a new hybrid out there, sorry

Pre-2.0 you could remove Demolition Round from your build and not lose much DPS. I thought it might be possible to build a hybrid around the idea of not putting any points into Electronet or Demo Round. However, after seeing the buff to Demo Round on the live servers it would appear that Demo Round is a must for Gunny Commandos.

For me, the boost to DR wasnt sufficiently high enough to overlook the nerf to FA crit, pre 2.0 i was critting on 2-3 hits on an FA channel with 5 GS and COF up, in pre 2.0 lowbie i could actually play a mando well in PVP.

Now FA hardly crits once even with compensating for reduced crit/surge.

In my eyes the whole Trooper class got held over a bench arse raped by every other class