Scrapper Scoundrel PvP video(s) + tips/guide

Kutsus

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just respec'd hybrid heals and strated frapsing. Here is the spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MfdMdhRozZMIModkM.1

Basically, I am using basic blaster whip > back blast > sucker punch DPS rotation when healing is not immediatley required, but primarily healing. These attacks crit around ~3k for me per swing and don't drain energy too bad.

Solo, I feel absolutely unkillable in this spec. I am using the sniper companion right now, but hoping to gather enough gear to use akavi instead since she roots/snares so often I can kite or prevent enemy kiting easily.

Really looking forward to seeing this as I have been eyeing up a very similar spec for the last week only real difference is I was aiming for round 2 over stopping power but i can see why so yea keep up the awesome work and please feed back more on this can't wait for a video ur awesome tnx again.

Really looking forward to seeing this as I have been eyeing up a very similar spec for the last week only real difference is I was aiming for round 2 over stopping power but i can see why so yea keep up the awesome work and please feed back more on this can't wait for a video ur awesome tnx again.

Stopping power bypasses resolve and actually roots them the MOMENT you press the button.. so it's extremely useful in huttball and peeling.

On my level 50 gunslinger I pvp often but just end up getting frustrated with the cover mechanic not working properly in pvp.

I read this awesome thread and when I got home from work I rolled a scoudrel and got her up to level 10 and started pvping. My first pvp match as a level 10 scrapper I had the top damage and most kills out of both teams hehe. I love it!

I was able to solo kill a level 26 sniper on their team 4 times or so with them only taking off 1/4th of my health. The scrapper is just so disruptive and annoying if anything - even at level 10. I found my new dedicated pvp character and I'm loving it! It's fun to pvp again and not frustrating like my gunslinger.

One of the things I enjoy most is the ability to start the fight on your terms and select your target. I love sneaking to the back of their pack and taking out their ops in cover or healers. All I'm doing is opening with a back blast>blaster whip and alternating to the other few abilities I have from there: dirty kick>quick shot>vital shot and spam back blast and blaster whip on CD while jumping around like an idiot.

Hey kutus i'm trying to watch your sawbones video on YouTube but i just keep getting

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Don't suppose you have this uploaded anywhere else or can do anything about this ? :)

Edited by Jedirecoil

Made a quick video of some ilum PVP between ques as the sawbones spec. Obviously I'm still learning to play well with this spec as I mess up quite a few times. I was purposely opening with auto attack in most of these fights to give my opponent a chance to open on me.

Made a quick video of some ilum PVP between ques as the sawbones spec. Obviously I'm still learning to play well with this spec as I mess up quite a few times. I was purposely opening with auto attack in most of these fights to give my opponent a chance to open on me.

great vid and dedication you into this guide. had a question, currently running scrapper at lvl 21. to enjoy my pvp experience lvling to 50, should i stick to scrapper or try the sawbones spec?

i know i wont have the gear or talents to make me good but i was wondering if you thought it be worth trying out at low lvl?

great vid and dedication you into this guide. had a question, currently running scrapper at lvl 21. to enjoy my pvp experience lvling to 50, should i stick to scrapper or try the sawbones spec?

i know i wont have the gear or talents to make me good but i was wondering if you thought it be worth trying out at low lvl?

Scrapper is still great sub 40, and good in PVE for leveling.

First, I wanted to thank you, Kutsus, for this thread and your videos.

But I have a problem Jedirecoil mentioned: "This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Is there a way to upload the file elsewhere? Many thanks in advance!

First, I wanted to thank you, Kutsus, for this thread and your videos.

But I have a problem Jedirecoil mentioned: "This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Is there a way to upload the file elsewhere? Many thanks in advance!

I'll try to reupload it in the next few days. Really annoying getting blocked in so many countries with music...

I really hate to sound like a noob, but here it goes.

A couple people have mentioned "auto attack" and I have no idea what they are talking about. Is there one? right now if I'm not pressing attack keys my toon stands there with a proverbial thumb up its.....

thanks,

Merk

Edited by Merk-aba

I really hate to sound like a noob, but here it goes.

A couple people have mentioned "auto attack" and I have no idea what they are talking about. Is there one? right now if I'm not pressing attack keys my toon stands there with a proverbial thumb up its.....

thanks,

Merk

There is no auto attack. They are refurring to flurry of bolts (the free to cast ability).

Nice vids.

I just hit 25 on my scoundrels, and im doing ok in pvp, usually positive kbs to death ratio. Ive only had one deathless WZ so far. My main issue is with the sheer amount of abilities we seem to get at such low levels, and alot of them seem very situational. Vanishing act and speeced dodge are helping quite a bit. Right now my keybind settings are really crazy im sure cleaning them up will help quite a bit. as will putting strafe on a and d instead of turn.

2 abilities, that make me scratch my head.

Pugnacity and Quick shot.

Pugnacity even specced doesnt seem to be worth the upperhand that could be used for sucker punch.

Quickshot seems to do maybe 50% more damage then the standard attack and has limited range. usually only use it when chasing down a snared enemy.

Also went to the trainer today and was happy to see that at level 25 i have almost all my abilities, i think there will only be 8 new ones from the trainer at this point. and flechette round from trees of course.

I kind of like this approach that bioware has, slowly giving us abilities till level 12, then giving us most of them by the midway point, that way we can start figuring rotations, and keybinds before we hit max level.

to me Pugnacity is vital for any fight longer than a single rotation.

The energy regeneration bonus while maintaining 60+ energy becomes rather fast and you can maintain a longer/faster rotation without depleting yourself.

Sometimes I'll set myself up with a heal > pug > stealth > move in to attack.

But you are right, in a quick fight or one you hope that 100 energy + cool hand will end, then Pug is indeed a waste of a upper hand if you want to look at it that way.

what do other think about Pugnacity?

Edited by Merk-aba

Generally for best burst damage within 3 GCDs:

Shoot first > Back Blast > Sucker Punch (x2 if you get a proc).

After that get a blaster whip on cooldown and either use pugnacity or keep dpsing as needed.

Mind telling us mere mortals how you got your first Upper Hand to use that Sucker Punch?